• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Well that explains that.

Cn2XwHoXYAAElZL.jpg:large

Obamacare *boos*
Liberals *boos*
Donald Trump *cheers*
Lower taxes *cheers*
Common Core *boos*

Not only was this presenter incredibly unorganized in her overall message, jumping from random topic to random topic, but I don't think she ever made an actual argument. She just hit standard right-wing talking points seemingly at random, then walked away.

e2MEtSV.png

fauxtrot

Banned
I feel like Trump is just using the RNC to try out random nutjobs for his inevitable cable TV "news" show when he loses the election.

Just watched Stavridis TED-talk. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.
I was just watching that too, plus some interviews with Vilsack.

I'd say all three of the VP candidates are fine. None of them are too exciting, but they're all competent, which is what I feel Hillary cares about more.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was just watching that too, plus some interviews with Vilsack.

I'd say all three of the VP candidates are fine. None of them are too exciting, but they're all competent, which is what I feel Hillary cares about more.

Stavridis's stances on FP and the use of American power seem to line up pretty well with Clinton's. If she does pick him it'll likely be because she wants someone to bounce stuff off of.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe pd was so sure walker would win. He had the charisma of a moss.

I knew the moment he hit the spotlight he would crumble. The guy never answered a question and had no charisma.

I still say he would make the worst president by far of the bunch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I knew the moment he hit the spotlight he would crumble. The guy never answered a question and had no charisma.

I still say he would make the worst president by far of the bunch.

The guy was a Koch puppet, in the most literal definition of the term.

Not after the issue with his backstory coming out.
Was the Perez stuff very definitive? It was behind a paywall, but from what I could understand, the issue was that his grandfather supported Trujillo initially and only turned on him later? That was the controversy?

Stavridis's stances on FP and the use of American power seem to line up pretty well with Clinton's. If she does pick him it'll likely be because she wants someone to bounce stuff off of.
That was my big takeaway as well. Though I do think he's a bit of an odd pick in that he only reinforces what was already her biggest strength with foreign policy instead of covering for one of her weaknesses.

I get the impression that Hillary really is looking at VP choices as people who could step up for president more than as any campaign tool. Which is admirable, but I think one show horse on the ticket instead of two work horses would do some good.

Emarv

Bill Richardson dropping bombs.

Once again, Hispanics were considered for VP. Once again, they’re expecting to be passed over.

Richardson — the former New Mexico governor who was considered for vice president in 2000, 2004 and 2008 — is a loyal Clinton supporter but recalled the raw political nature of the vice-presidential search process for Al Gore, John F. Kerry and Barack Obama.

“At the very end, what makes the final decision is a bunch of white guys that are polling. They are not, in my judgment, sensitive about national security or ethnicity,” he said. “They are looking for additional votes for the presidential candidate.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...df0bc8-4e91-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html

Not after the issue with his backstory coming out.

Jon Favs was saying stuff to the opposite on Twitter, so I wasn't sure.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was my big takeaway as well. Though I do think he's a bit of an odd pick in that he only reinforces what was already her biggest strength with foreign policy instead of covering for one of her weaknesses.

I get the impression that Hillary really is looking at VP choices as people who could step up for president more than as any campaign tool. Which is admirable, but I think one show horse on the ticket instead of two work horses would do some good.

Honestly, I don't think the VP pick matters but if she did go with him it'd just reinforce how clownshoes Trump is.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Just fucking do it, Laura. Just fucking do it full stop.

Swear to fucking god!

Diablos

Hello, I'm Pastor David Manning and I'm here TO TALK ABOUT HOW OBAMA IS A LONG LEGGED RACE PIMP WITH A WHITE MOMMA
Hahaha I mean at this point they might as well legitimize their hatred. They're right at the line anyway.

Lmao Rubio phoning it in with dramatic music 😂😂😂😂

Emarv

Hot take: Hillary is scaring us with Vilsack and Stavridis so we start coming around to Kaine.

"Do you really want to have 'Vilsack' or 'Stavridis' plastered on your car bumper? That's what I thought. Shut up and take Kaine! You'll be bored, and you'll like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom