• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what the fuck?

Uniting the party eh Donald? More like party unity or else.

Funny for how much people complained about the Democratic primary being rigged, Clinton's camp and the DNC has extended so much courtesy to the Sanders camp that even if you're annoyed by the Bernouts it's pretty warming. Sanders, Warren and Obama are all going to give rousing endorsements of Clinton, and they won't just be saying "the party nominee".

Piecake

Did Trump Fix a Popularity Poll for Himself in 1992?

Richard Morin, the polling director for The Washington Post, reports two such incidents. In one, USA Today asked its readers in June of 1990 if Donald Trump symbolized what was right or wrong with the United States. Eighty-one percent of the 6,406 people who called in said that he was great, 19 percent a skunk. It turned out that 72 percent of the calls came from two phone numbers.

To be clear about this story: Etzioni was discussing an episode in the early 1990s in which, as all evidence suggests, Donald Trump or his allies flooded a phone poll to create a favorable result for himself. Trump was in his early 40s at that time — and it was in exactly this same era that he was calling journalists, posing as his own publicist “John Miller,” to say how kind and generous Mr. Trump was, and how sexually attractive famous actresses and models found him.

I totally buy that Trump did this.

link to the article that this article talked about

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-have-been-fixing-poll-results-for-25-years/

Would be refreshing to see Cruz grow a pair and go off-script to give a speech he actually wants to. Here's to hoping there's fuckery! That he's crawled back to the party at all is so spineless, and if he ends this with an endorsement it'll be a top-tier all-time political humiliation. The only thing that would have been more shameful would have been if Jeb! came out and supported Trump. Any of Cruz's future opponents can hound him on begging to Trump despite how horribly he was treated.

I've been invited to a couple of secret Hillary groups on Facebook for that exact reason. They've started coming out more since California wrapped though.

Yep. I'm in a busy secret Clinton group. I've been getting louder on social media about her and also interrupting and challenging the notion of "the lesser of two evils" or holding your nose to vote for her, etc. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how many people like those posts.

That Huffpost article on Trump's supporters basically not caring that he has lied his entire life is just infuriating. What ever happened to holding people accountable?

It's only bad if Hillary does it. Trump is just being smart and getting the best deal.

As someone who did marching band in high school, I still think the SSB should be entirely instrumental. Almost no one can actually sing it.

Bowdz

Peter Thiel, unlike Donald Trump, is actually a brilliant and successful businessman. I heard a great NPR interview with him. Respect.

Peter Thiel is the lesser half of PayPal. One of the PayPal founders became a CEO of a rocket company, an electric car company, chairman of a solar company, and is on his way to literally making Mars colonization possible. Peter helped the Hulkster make bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom