• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hannity-responds-to-stelter-criticism-on-twitter-226773

This. Is. Insane.

Yes, there were small precincts where Romney got zero votes in 2012. And the converse is true.

Find me one person in those precincts that says they voted differently and would have broken the 100% unanimity.

One.

You can't. #riggedmyass

Christ, the Trump banner ad I got on that page is just wtf

p2RR7CK.jpg

Man, look at that great value of the dollar in Trump/Trump-lean states.

Shame about the authoritarian far-left Demoncrat states. Maybe President Trump will help them out, if they ever get over their tantrum they'll throw after the skewed polls make them think they'll get Corrupt Alcoholic.

Mess

lol

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hannity-responds-to-stelter-criticism-on-twitter-226773

This. Is. Insane.

Yes, there were small precincts where Romney got zero votes in 2012. And the converse is true.

Find me one person in those precincts that says they voted differently and would have broken the 100% unanimity.

One.

You can't. #riggedmyass
It's not just small precincts, look at 1920 for example:
Counties with Highest Percentage of the Vote (Democratic)

Chester County, South Carolina 100.00%
Edgefield County, South Carolina 100.00%
Clarendon County, South Carolina 100.00%
Bamberg County, South Carolina 100.00%
Hampton County, South Carolina 100.00%

A lot of members of the GOP have been vying for the title of spineless coward but you gotta give to Jeb's son. He insults your mother with racially charged comments and makes a joke out of your father and you endorse him anyways.

Well earned.

Tubie

A lot of members of the GOP have been vying for the title of spineless coward but you gotta give to Jeb's son. He insults your mother with racially charged comments and makes a joke out of your father and you endorse him anyways.

Well earned.

I think after Real Time last week, Santorum is another strong contender.

gaugebozo

As senator, Clinton promised 200,000 jobs in Upstate New York. Her efforts fell flat.

That's it, I'm done with this chronic alcoholic.

I need someone intellectually curious enough to create an arbitrarily selected number of jobs in Upstate New York through Congressional legislation. Hopefully as jobs that are STOLEN from Michigan.

I moved from Michigan to Rochester during Clinton's time in the Senate to attend grad school.

+1 Hill

I moved back to Michigan after Mitt Romney convinced me the trees ARE the right height.

+1 trees

Diablos

George P. Bush endorsed Trump. Looks like the Bush family is slowly turning to the dark side.

Addressing state GOP activists Saturday, Bush said it was time to put aside any lingering animosity from the primaries — where Trump defeated Bush's dad, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, among others — and get behind Trump.

"From Team Bush, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you know what? You get back up and you help the man that won, and you make sure that we stop Hillary Clinton," Bush said, according to video of the remarks provided by an audience member.
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08/07/george-p-bush-trump-holdout-urges-support-him/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I see that Trump is trying another reset/pivot.

Can't wait to read all the media stories fawning over his speech because it didn't call Hillary something bad.

TyrantII

Will have to keep this map in my back pocket the next time the minimum wage comes up: http://taxfoundation.org/blog/real-value-100-each-state-2016 Cost of living is a big deal. (Having lived in both states, that $7 gap between MD and VA is completely obvious after a short while.)

Incomes and welfare payments are a big part of it. Too simple, but the just of it is a buck goes further in many states because it's a wealth transfer to bolster their economy from the rich states to poor.

benjipwns

Banned
sub-buzz-4242-1470659345-1.jpg

Key players in GOP’s anti-Trump movement are preparing to launch an independent presidential campaign for Evan McMullin — a CIA veteran and the chief policy director of the House Republican conference — sources close to the effort told BuzzFeed News.

Veteran Republican strategist Rick Wilson, a Florida-based media consultant and outspoken Trump critic, is expected to be involved in McMullin’s campaign. Sources said Wilson was in Washington on Sunday meeting with members of McMullin’s prospective campaign — which includes some who were involved in a group called Better for America, which has been pushing an independent presidential bid.

McMullin did not immediately respond to requests for comment from BuzzFeed News. He would make for an unlikely presidential candidate. He has never held elective office before and has spent most of his career as a CIA officer, according to his LinkedIn page. Young and unmarried, McMullin received an MBA at Wharton in 2011, and after a stint at Goldman Sachs, went to work as a policy wonk on Capitol Hill.

Unlike National Review writer David French, another conservative courted by anti-Trump Republicans to launch a long-shot third-party bid, McMullin has virtually no public profile. He doesn’t appear regularly on television, and has just 135 followers on Twitter. His most high-profile recent appearance seems to have been a TEDx talk about genocide he gave at London Business School in April.

benjipwns

Banned
He gives adam a good fight for that top post spot.
He's Trump/Hillary in Prison reddit numbers:
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 4,853
User Name	Posts
adam387		286
nature boy	108
Rebel Leader	108
ampere		100
Y2Kev		96
whyamihere	94
Iolo		78
BrokenFiction	74
B-Dubs		71
benjipwns	69
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,989
User Name	Posts
adam387		1,068
benjipwns	45
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,992
User Name	Posts
adam387		1,293
benjipwns	55
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,679
User Name	Posts
adam387		1,253
benjipwns	111
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,615
User Name	Posts
adam387		405
benjipwns	159
Code:
User Name	Posts
adam387		1,234
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,584
User Name	Posts
adam387		890
benjipwns	98
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,932
User Name	Posts
adam387		1,167
benjipwns	74
Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 19,975
User Name	Posts
adam387		525
benjipwns	376

Morning Joe reporting that a 3rd party candidate is coming.

Announcement today.

#NeverTrump R's have their candidate: Evan McMullin, CIA vet, House Rep Conf policy dir, Mormon from Utah.

]Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 11m11 minutes ago
New Indy candidate Evan McMullen calls Trump "authoritarian"; goal is get on 20+ ballots; drain GOP votes; ensure Trump embarrassing defeat.

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 10m10 minutes ago
Real purpose of Evan McMullen indy run is to ensure landslide Trump defeat so GOP can purge Trumpism (nativist populist message) from party.

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 2m2 minutes ago
Conservative @Evan_McMullin releases statement to ABC confirming he's entering presidential race as Indy. Vocally #NeverHillary #NeverTrump

Can he get 15%?

Wilsongt

Code:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 4,853
User Name	Posts
adam387		286
nature boy	108
Rebel Leader	108
ampere		100
Y2Kev		96
whyamihere	94
Iolo		78
BrokenFiction	74
B-Dubs		71
benjipwns	69

150 pages to go.

DRUDGE SIREN DRUDGE SIREN

http://www.mediaite.com/online/drud...clinton-falling-in-photo-from-six-months-ago/

The questionable health condition of Hillary Clinton should be a major issue of the 2016 campaign.

The latest evidence comes in the form of Clinton being helped up a set of stairs by multiple individuals outside what appears to be a home.

The photos, published by Reuters and Getty, show the 68-year-old candidate with aides holding her arms as she ascends the stairs.

Unstable Hillary!!!

I get the vibe that he's mostly a non-factor, but maybe his being a mormon from Utah could peel just enough support away from Trump to flip the state.

Fuck, he missed the deadline in several big states (FL, PA, WI, GA, NC).

Can make Ohio if he gets the signatures.

But a fringe candidate. Won't get 5% of the vote.

watershed

Banned
I hope Trump spends a lot of time and energy attacking this new NeverTrump candidate. It's sure to piss him off and screw up his new pivot and any attempts at party unity. Of course, I'm loving it.

sphagnum

Banned
Whatever happened to that other guy who was briefly being touted as the #NeverTrump candidate who they were going to push as an alternative nominee, some National Review writer I think?

William Milliken, former Michigan Republican governor, endorses Hilary Clinton.

Whatever happened to that other guy who was briefly being touted as the #NeverTrump candidate who they were going to push as an alternative nominee, some National Review writer I think?
Don't think he ever wanted to be a candidate.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ter-media-left-radical?target=author&tid=1048

William Milliken, former Michigan Republican governor, endorses Hilary Clinton.
Not really news, he's backed Democrats for years. Except for Rick Snyder.

He broke with the GOP over Johm McCain's far-right radicalism:
Milliken, reached at his Traverse City home Thursday. "He keeps saying, 'Who is Barack Obama?' I would ask the question, 'Who is John McCain?' because his campaign has become rather disappointing to me.

"I'm disappointed in the tenor and the personal attacks on the part of the McCain campaign, when he ought to be talking about the issues."

Milliken, a lifelong Republican, is among some past leaders from the party's moderate wing voicing reservations and, in some cases, opposition to McCain's candidacy.
Milliken stopped short of saying he will vote for Obama, but said he differs with McCain on the Iraq war and his choice of Palin.

"I know John McCain is 72. In my book, that's quite young," said Milliken, 86, Michigan's longest-serving governor. But he added, "What if she were to become president of the United States? The idea, to me, is quite disturbing, if not appalling.

"Increasingly, the party is moving toward rigidity, and I don't like that. I think Gerald Ford would hold generally the same view I'm holding on the direction of the Republican Party."

Morning Joe reporting that a 3rd party candidate is coming.

Announcement today.

Can he get 15%?

The ultimate stab in Trumps back, he'll fall apart after that if he gets a significant number of endorsements, but the true downside is it could help defend some Congressional Districts and surprisingly tight Senate races. It could help give some conservatives a reason to show up on election day because I don't think money will be enough to fight against poor conservative turn out and straight dem ticket voters that are energized by the thought of Trump as president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom