• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixon is still alive boys, and it's all a work!

DAExRboXUAAn06u.jpg

DAExRzpXkAAUe_o.jpg

DAExSOdXUAAEkTS.jpg

Slacker

Gohmert is already pushing this. He is supposed to inform the justice department so you know Comey is the one who really broke the rules.

I don't know the law, so I can't say if he is allowed to use his discretion.

I feel like Fox News has a plan Z when things really go to shit. Come up with some ridiculous reading of the events at hand, and get someone with absolutely no shred of dignity or credibility to lose to come on the air and defend it. At that point, they pick up the phone with a single word where the missing number pad would be: Gohmert.

Zolo

What if they don't find any illegal ties, but they get him on obstruction of justice for firing Comey

That's the comedy end to the story.

Don't they get to follow up on any illegal activities found while investigating this? I expect to see charges on several figures including those currently in the GOP.

What if they don't find any illegal ties, but they get him on obstruction of justice for firing Comey

If the dossier is real half the stuff will jail in until he is dead. However, I think obstruction of justice will do him in. The people connected with Trump like Mike Flynn, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, and Roger Stone will go to jail eventually including less notable people. It might eventually reach to Trump with him not directly being involved, but indirectly which might be enough. The most I can see is him perhaps talking to Russians personally about effecting the election, indirectly colluding with them which includes hacking the DNC, and taking some of their money during the election.

However, the investigation might lead to financial ties which will do him in for good I think and perhaps other Republicans.

Gruco

Banned
The McClatchy Flynn/Turkey story is something else.

This is pretty insane. Flynn, while on Turkey's payroll, single-handedly delayed an action against ISIS in Raqqa, seemingly at Turkey's request. Treason charges are a real possibility.

Given that the NYT is reporting that Trump and Pence both knew Flynn was compromised and gave him the NSA job anyway...Yeah, both need to be removed from office. This is past "I hope Pence goes down too" territory

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If we're really living a John Grisham novel, then Trump & Pence are gonna go down at the same time... and then in an emergency hearing of the house, Paul Ryan is kicked out as Speaker and they invoke a rare clause that lets them make John Kasich as speaker, and he becomes president.
It would be hilarious if trump and pence resigning the house holds an emergency session to vote out Ryan as speaker before he can take the oath.

Diablos

Pence thinking he is getting away?
Honestly, Pence is probably OK

Penceis46.org

The McClatchy Flynn/Turkey story is something else.

This is pretty insane. Flynn, while on Turkey's payroll, single-handedly delayed an action against ISIS in Raqqa, seemingly at Turkey's request. Treason charges are a real possibility.

Given that the NYT is reporting that Trump and Pence both knew Flynn was compromised and gave him the NSA job anyway...Yeah, both need to be removed from office. This is past "I hope Pence goes down too" territory
Oh fuck maybe he's not

teiresias

We are living in a scary yet exciting time in history. I can't sleep rn

I've been mentally exhausted for two weeks. Not even from actually watching news constantly, just the mental exhaustion of seeing how quickly the GOP can make the country completely dysfunctional.

Diablos

I've been mentally exhausted for two weeks. Not even from actually watching news constantly, just the mental exhaustion of seeing how quickly the GOP can make the country completely dysfunctional.
They're a fucking mob.

Like seriously they're worse than I ever thought they could be

I mean, that's what happened to Nixon, isn't it? He didn't even admit to it in the Frost interviews. Ultimately Nixon was never indicted nor was it ever proven that he organized the break-in -- only the cover-up.
It will be interesting to see what the GOP will look like after the dust settles.
We'll all be exasperated from a circus caused exclusively by letting a senile narcissist run the executive branch and then carry on as usual. GOP will lose a few seats in house, lose Senate.

Pixieking

Banned
Was Young Sheldon the sacrifice we had to make to finally have something change?

I'll go one-step further, and say

Was Hillary losing the election the sacrifice we had to make to finally kill the GOP?

Trump, Pence, Ryan... plus every Republican who fell in line behind Trump after Pussygate, and has held that position every day since.

Gruco

Banned
Treason is specifically aiding an enemy nation during wartime. Neither is even remotely applicable here. Not even the Rosenburgs were convicted of treason.

Yeah. He was interfering with operations against ISIS. So I disagree that "neither is even remotely applicable here." In fact, both are directly applicable.

That said, said charges remain unlikely because of the legal difficulty in construing ceasing a hostile action against an enemy on behalf of a non-enemy with temporarily overlapping goals as the enemy as "aid", even though that's what it is.

teiresias

Haha, who is this blonde chick on AC360 that says the people that should be scared are the leakers and not Trump!! Haha. I wish I could get paid to be this incompetent and disingenuous. The entire "right" on this panel is ridiculous.

Was Hillary losing the election the sacrifice we had to make to finally kill the GOP?

Trump, Pence, Ryan... plus every Republican who fell in line behind Trump after Pussygate, and has held that position every day since.

The GOP has some unholy alliance and we have seen them at what has seemed the brink of extinction more than once just in our lifetime but they always manage to come back. They are the cockroach of political parties and I hope someday they drop the elephant and make that their mascot.

Diablos

The GOP has some unholy alliance and we have seen them at what has seemed the brink of extinction more than once just in our lifetime but they always manage to come back. They are the cockroach of political parties and I hope someday they drop the elephant and make that their mascot.
Yep... they never die

Haha, who is this blonde chick on AC360 that says the people that should be scared are the leakers and not Trump!! Haha. I wish I could get paid to be this incompetent and disingenuous. The entire "right" on this panel is ridiculous.

I'm gonna guess based on you're description that CNN had Kaleigh on again.

Pixieking

Banned
Considering people here were stressing about Trump winning in 2020 just 4 or so months ago... I mean, yeah, the GOP could win 2020, though that seems very unlikely at this point, and it's more "The Dems stealing defeat from the jaws of victory".

Then Acclerationism starts to have an effect from about 2024 on, right?

Certainly I'm optimistic, but it seems fairly possible to me.

Edit: Not Acclerationism as such, but demographic and population changes shifting the country towards liberalism.

Considering people here were stressing about Trump winning in 2020 just 4 or so months ago... I mean, yeah, the GOP could win 2020, though that seems very unlikely at this point, and it's more "The Dems stealing defeat from the jaws of victory".

Then Acclerationism starts to have an effect from about 2024 on, right?

Certainly I'm optimistic, but it seems fairly possible to me.

Dumb question, but what does Accelerationism refer to?

edit- oh cool, my ignorance is right on top of the new page lol.

The year is 2020. An emaciated man, barely alive, stumbles over a heap of garbage and flings himself at the rat he's been stalking for ten minutes. He ignores the screeching and starts tearing at the flesh with his teeth. It is the first meal he's had in two days.

A helicopter flies overhead and he hides himself in a dumpster. Reminds me of what the kids would do to me in college, he thinks to himself. The spotlight traces the highway, intent on finding fugitives.

After Trump's impeachment and execution, the Republican party was outlawed. All people were compelled to reregister as independent. Dissenters were thrown in modern gulags - the "WPA", as the Department of Labor called it. Democrats rebranded themselves as the Institutional Anti-Racism Party and elections were fixed by Donna Brazile. Most Republican members of Congress and the staff that chose to remain with President Pence were summarily shot and fed to dogs. Some were not shot, but definitely fed to dogs. Reince Priebus was one of the only survivor but forced to live in a zoo - as a dog. Paul Ryan fled to the United Kingdom (now simply "Britain") and is a part time bdsm actor.

Devouring the rat and crying quietly to himself, the man is suddenly knocked over by a swift kick to the head. He turns around and sees Kirsten Gillibrand in an iron suit, brandishing an AR-15.

"Hello, Ted." she says. "We're almost done killing the GOP. You're one of the last holdouts. Glad we could find you. Any last words?"

The former Senator looks at the clouds illuminated in the night sky by the full moon and - for just one second - sees the image of his beautiful wife Heidi in it. Then he remembers that when he asked if he could hide in her parents' basement, she had said "sorry, your fucking soup cans are taking up all the space" and admitted she was glad she finally had an excuse not to see his cheesy breathed bitch ass every morning humming Sound of Music tunes while shitting with the door open. He turns to his former colleague.

"Why must I be so PERSECUTED?" he screams, arms thrown up histrionically.

The gun goes off.

Pixieking

Banned
Dumb question, but what does Accelerationism refer to?

edit- oh cool, my ignorance is right on top of the new page lol.

:D

It's used to refer to demographic and social changes in the US, and the political leanings of people within those groups.

Like, more young people believe LGBTQ rights are good than bad, and that number grows every year. So, a party that is anti-LGTBQ - like the GOP - will slowly bleed votes as its older voting base dies, and the newer voters move to the Dems.

Apply that system to policies like healthcare, gun-control legislation, abortion, and then factor in things like the growth in Hispanic and African-American voters. They do vote for the racist GOP, but for the most part they vote for Dems.

All of that adds up to a party that past a certain point in time must either change significantly - on a number of issues - or be forever stuck in opposition, as they appeal to a smaller and smaller minority.

Edit: Though that's only one reading of the term? Here's the more widely-known one? http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/08/what-accelerationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom