• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
You must have missed the other story from today (easy to do). Kevin McCarthy brought up that Trump might be getting paid by Putin and Ryan quashed it then and there. He doesn't get shit.
I did read that story but I don't know if that would be enough to bring Ryan down

FyreWulff

How far down this list will we need to go?
KhdZ435.png

welcome President David Shulkin, everyone

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
"Wow it sure has been one hell of a day huh I guess I'll just go make dinner and then take some time to read my book and rel-

Flynn did what?"

Loxley

Got that sinking feeling that more shit will drop before the weekend. Trump really opened the damn floodgates when he fired Comey.

Nordicus

So Mueller is apparently getting two other attorneys to leave their company to join the investigation.

Aaron Zebley, who worked with him at the FBI

James Quarles, who was an assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I thought McConnell was in charge of the Senate.

President Pro Tempore just does the things Senate President Pence does when Pence isn't around to do it. So basically nothing, but it is a position defined by the constitution while Majority Leader and his powers is just something the Senate came up with for itself.

It is still funny to me that the framers basically told the senate that they were to be lead by the vice president even if they don't like him and appoint a senator to help him out, but then say the senate can decide on the details, and they didn't think that the senate would end up just saying the vice president does nothing and this new position we made up now does everything.

So Mueller is apparently getting two other attorneys to leave their company to join the investigation.

James Quarles, who was an assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.

Like, I know the GOP are gonna act like this was Trump's idea (even though the WH or AG were only notified of this 30 mins before the Deputy AG announced it) but I wouldn't want this squad investigating me at all. They just sound like they are the squad to find any/all dirt on a person.

If the ship ever gets righted - definitely a positive wind change today - what would it take to neuter the "creativity" (re: utter bullshit) that is Fox News and its alt ilk? Is it like amendment territory due to free speech, or is it a wee bit simpler than that?

I imagine that shit would get its ass appealed six ways to Sunday because of the amount of money involved in keeping people delusional, but obviously it's a root issue for your voting populace.

Diablos

Holy fuck @ James Quarles

That he picked him says a lot I think

Now the eventual movie can have a Seven Samurai-inspired scene as Mueller gathers his team and convinces the best to join

If we're really living a John Grisham novel, then Trump & Pence are gonna go down at the same time... and then in an emergency hearing of the house, Paul Ryan is kicked out as Speaker and they invoke a rare clause that lets them make John Kasich as speaker, and he becomes president.

I'm flummoxed I have to waste any mental energy at all on this embarrassing clown of a president. We could be talking about healthcare or North Korea or Chinese expansionism or Russian aggression (no, the REAL KIND with explosions and bombs and stuff happening today) or civil rights abuses in the Philippines or prison reform or the immigration crackdown still happening, or the massive income/class inequality which should be the most important issue of the CENTURY but no, instead I've got old has-beens from the Watergate era waxing worthless political ad nauseum. Blow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom