• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Trump will come to regret saying "no one in my campaign" rather than "I did not" collaborate(d) with Russia imo. Page, Flynn, Manafort? lol come on

i dont know what to believe

I believe he'd have to fire Rosenstein in order to do so.

Will the GOP dare try to pass a healthcare bill with this hanging over their party?

I didn't think it was passing before this, and now it really, really seems unlikely. The GOP is badly beaten over the last few weeks and it'll take awhile to recover from this to be able to push major legislation.

They just cannot afford to pass a law tagged at cutting insurance from 25+ million and hated by 75% of the country at this point in time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
He'd have to replace Rosenstein first, which if you're willing to take the optics hit to fire the special council, you're probably willing to take Rosenstein out too.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...eedman-special-prosecutor-20170518-story.html

Specifically, like Nixon, he'd have to find someone who is willing to fire Mueller, without resigning at the request.

After firing Comey, it would be the most idiotic thing he could do and only put more air from the billows into the fire.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/864974483072978944

Oh my god it's so good. The way his turtle smile turns into a turtle frown is just perfect.
giphy.gif

Coolluck

I keep seeing Conservative people point to the May 3rd testimony saying that if the memo is true then Comey lied under oath.

Is it just a matter of the way the question was worded or could his reply have a "before now" interpretation?

I keep seeing Conservative people point to the May 3rd testimony saying that if the memo is true then Comey lied under oath.

Is it just a matter of the way the question was worded or could his reply have a "before now" interpretation?

Could have been a "can't comment now" kind of thing. I'd have to see the claims and exact wording and question they used.

Grym

Specifically, like Nixon, he'd have to find someone who is willing to fire Mueller, without resigning at the request.

After firing Comey, it would be the most idiotic thing he could do and only put more air from the billows into the fire.

So you're saying this firing will be the breaking news we should expect tomorrow?

What was in the May 3rd testimony? If it's that there was no effort to impede the investigation, that plausibly means no requests were denied or roadblocks put up. Different from influencing or, you know, asking to shut the investigation down.

This should hopefully stall any legislation (in the Senate at least) indefinitely, and Trump's approval is going to be even further shit for months while there's an active ongoing investigation into how he's a Russian puppet. It'll be news, daily, the entire time. I'm excited! Subpoenas for tapes, memos, tax records and lord knows what other juicy stuff is out there are going to result in historically notable material.

And to think, this is, as with everything else Trump, almost entirely self-inflicted. This wouldn't be moving so quickly right now if his dumb ass realized he couldn't outsmart or outplay Comey.

Diablos

Comey is prepared for this. I wouldn't worry about it.

Coolluck

Could have been a "can't comment now" kind of thing. I'd have to see the claims and exact wording and question they used.

They're all basically some variation of this tweet.

The account is garbage judging by the other recent tweets but it's the only one of the many excuses I've seen that has given me pause and I hadn't seen others talk about it. Although given how fast all the threads are moving, I may have just missed it.

They're all basically some variation of this tweet.

The account is garbage judging by the other recent tweets but it's the only one of the many excuses I've seen that has given me pause and I hadn't seen others talk about it. Although given how fast all the threads are moving, I may have just missed it.

I can't see the question but if it was along the lines of "Have you ever been ordered to stop investigating" then he's fine. He's saying he hasn't been ordered or told to stop, Trump asked him if he could let the Flynn investigation go, which is different.

studyguy

FORMAL STATEMENT OF GOP CONGRESSMAN _____________
The decision to appoint special council to the Russian investigation is a decision the Deputy AG has taken. This is a choice Rosenstein made and by selecting to take these actions we confirm that this is the course we are taking on the Russian investigation. Our offices are cognizant of that choice and we await further steps to be taken as the situation progresses. (Insert more platitudes and similar means of saying "Something happened today")

Basically

This is new.

Lol man. So much winning. Are your heads spinning from winning yet. There will be so much winning you're going to say please Mr. President we can't take this anymore.
Ironically he's right, just not like he anticipated. The last two weeks have been a roller coaster

Drakeon

NYT and WaPo are on fucking fire. I don't know who their sources are, but a lot of people who know a whole lot really fucking hate Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom