• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Does he actually know how bad his numbers are?

They're bad, but any supporter of his might become fringe. Fake numbers! This is why he's still doing rallies: he needs an echo chamber.

I am deeply worried that if
(when)
Trump steps down some of these crazy devoted people will attack officials. I mean, PizzaGate nearly got people killed, and that was far out there.

Does he actually know how bad his numbers are?

I mean if Trump wants to believe that the polls are all fake news, let him believe that. It will make it that much more devastating for him when he has to learn the hard way that he only lost because his opponent had been attacked for decades.

They're bad, but any supporter of his might become fringe. Fake numbers! This is why he's still doing rallies: he needs an echo chamber.

I am deeply worried that if
(when)
Trump steps down some of these crazy devoted people will attack officials. I mean, PizzaGate nearly got people killed, and that was far out there.

Literally if his fanbase actually did that, I guarantee you out military leaders would be willing to treat that as a declaration of war if they needed to and stamp down Trump's fanbase.

The thing about Booker's tweets is he could always play it from the angle of "innocent until proven guilty".
I want to believe that your average Democratic primary voter isn't this stupid. Jesus himself come back to life and personally risk his reputation on Kushner's innocence and it still wouldn't be enough to wipe the Trump filth and general aura of raw evil off of the Trump-in-law the in eyes of the donors. "I always resisted Trump" is -the- top applause line for the primaries, where we'll have arguments over who voted against him 99% of the time versus 98%. A tweet this dumb is a disqualification in the face of that.

A shame, really. He'd have been an acceptable first gay person on a major ticket.

Kushner’s Relationship With Trump Tested as Russia Accusations Swirl

NYT said:
In a statement to The New York Times on Sunday night, Mr. Trump said: “Jared is doing a great job for the country. I have total confidence in him. He is respected by virtually everyone and is working on programs that will save our country billions of dollars. In addition to that, and perhaps more importantly, he is a very good person.”

Attention: We have escalated to Full Confidence. I repeat this is not a drill, we are at Full Confidence.

At some point I'm gonna hammer out my thoughts on why being a "good person" should count for exactly nothing in politics and try to get it run as an op-ed or something. Who gives a fuck if you're pleasant in person and great at parties if your policies objectives are basically fucking over as many people as you can shove your dick into?

Actions not words, who you are in the dark, etc. etc.

kirblar

At some point I'm gonna hammer out my thoughts on why being a "good person" should count for exactly nothing in politics and try to get it run as an op-ed or something. Who gives a fuck if you're pleasant in person and great at parties if your policies objectives are basically fucking over as many people as you can shove your dick into?

Nice and Kind not being the same thing is an important life lesson.

Yep. I'd rather have a crusty curmudgeon hardass who gets shit done and fights for people's rights than some oleaginous two-face ("you can have a beer with him!") who hurts other people.

I want to believe that your average Democratic primary voter isn't this stupid. Jesus himself come back to life and personally risk his reputation on Kushner's innocence and it still wouldn't be enough to wipe the Trump filth and general aura of raw evil off of the Trump-in-law the in eyes of the donors. "I always resisted Trump" is -the- top applause line for the primaries, where we'll have arguments over who voted against him 99% of the time versus 98%. A tweet this dumb is a disqualification in the face of that.

A shame, really. He'd have been an acceptable first gay person on a major ticket.

I just don't understand how a Dem could even consider saying or doing ANYTHING even merciful towards Trump now. It can only hurt him.

Kushner’s Relationship With Trump Tested as Russia Accusations Swirl

Attention: We have escalated to Full Confidence. I repeat this is not a drill, we are at Full Confidence.

"He's doing a shitty job, I'm losing faith in his ass, losing respect left and right, saving billions by looking busy on actions that would cost billions if they went thru, and least importantly, he's a complete sleaze."

How'd I do?

Breaking911‏
@Breaking911

Strange red lights are illuminating inside the White House, reason unknown

https://t.co/Eifr4VT48x

I'm not sure what this is. Only actual suggestion on Reddit was this was part of a protocol to look for listening devices. The room the flashing lights are coming from is the presidential dining room and kitchen, so plausible? I have no clue what it could actually be.

Cory Booker story today was quite something. Dude kinda hit me as phony but this. Now typically I am a huge advocate on two things being true in that the donations did not sway his reasoning for due process but this Jared channel thing is so black and white. Cory made the obviously​ wrong choice to defend .

Yeah, dude should disappear. He's been quiet on Twitter since the ties came to light.

Will Booker still be stupid enough to run even though he basically just failed the litmus test? Trump's campaign survived because he capitalized upon racism and Republicans forgive anything, but Democrats will be much less sympathetic. Surely Booker won't jeopardize his future in NJ politics by getting bodied by everyone in a Dem primary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Will Booker still be stupid enough to run even though he basically just failed the litmus test? Trump's campaign survived because he capitalized upon racism and Republicans forgive anything, but Democrats will be much less sympathetic. Surely Booker won't jeopardize his future in NJ politics by getting bodied by everyone in a Dem primary.

Oh he's going to try, if only so he can get picked as Gillibrand's VP.

Oh he's going to try, if only so he can get picked as Gillibrand's VP.

She seems really savvy, though. I can't imagine she'd pick a VP who (1) has the stink of Trump on him and (2) has been eviscerated by every other prominent Democrat in the primary. He'd be a liability at that point.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
https://t.co/Eifr4VT48x

I'm not sure what this is. Only actual suggestion on Reddit was this was part of a protocol to look for listening devices. The room the flashing lights are coming from is the presidential dining room and kitchen, so plausible? I have no clue what it could actually be.
Just communicating with Flynn who is trapped in the upside down.

Stay strong!

Edit:
"Liberals think they are tolerant, but often, they aren't," argues @FareedZakaria

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/868837495894626304
drive-by skill level:
7PTckH.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Isn't the red lights morse code for SOS?

Three quick bleeps, three slow bleeps, three quick bleeps.

kess

Cory Booker story today was quite something. Dude kinda hit me as phony but this. Now typically I am a huge advocate on two things being true in that the donations did not sway his reasoning for due process but this Jared channel thing is so black and white. Cory made the obviously​ wrong choice to defend .

Yeah, dude should disappear. He's been quiet on Twitter since the ties came to light.

If the Russia probe brings up people with shady connections on the Democratic side, so be it. The DNC doesn't need to be expending energy on candidates who end up ratfucking the party down the line (see: Gephardt, Dick) and who are likely being scrutinized as we speak.

If the Russia probe brings up people with shady connections on the Democratic side, so be it. The DNC doesn't need to be expending energy on candidates who end up ratfucking the party down the line (see: Gephardt, Dick) and who are likely being scrutinized as we speak.

I agree. I want shit people out. That they're Republican or democrat is incidental

Biased, like Fox, MSNBC.

MSNBC and FOX are intentionally biased. What is CNN biased about? Sure, it still follows shitty business model like everything else in the US, but I don't get in which direction it is biased...

EDIT: That said I do agree that freedom of speech is important. That's why even though I'm originally from Ukraine I can't really blame RT for existing...

How could he jeopardize his future in NJ politics? It'd take a hell of a scandal for him to lose his seat and he's already passed over the chance to become Governor multiple times and won't get another chance for 8 years.

How could he jeopardize his future in NJ politics? It'd take a hell of a scandal for him to lose his seat and he's already passed over the chance to become Governor multiple times and won't get another chance for 8 years.

If he's made to look like a laughing stock and fuckboy during the primaries, you don't think his reputation will suffer, even in the cesspool of New Jersey?

If he's made to look like a laughing stock and fuckboy during the primaries, you don't think his reputation will suffer, even in the cesspool of New Jersey?

New Jersey is pretty nice thank you, but no having an underwhelming primary performance won't mean shit as he's a Democrat in NJ and the state Republican party is in shambles even as changing demographics in state doom them.

What's wrong with Booker? He's always been about "love your neighbor" thing. I don't agree with it but I still trust/agree with him more that 90% of Democrats out there and 100% of Republicans...

New Jersey is pretty nice thank you, but no having an underwhelming primary performance won't mean shit as he's a Democrat in NJ and the state Republican party is in shambles even as changing demographics in state doom them.

I meant to say "political cesspool" but forgot the adjective. I truly, sincerely apologize. People from Oklahoma can't really call other places cesspools, can we? :)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
MSNBC and FOX are intentionally biased. What is CNN biased about? Sure, it still follows shitty business model like everything else in the US, but I don't get in which direction it is biased...

The biased position of CNN is "both sides are the same".

EDIT: That said I do agree that freedom of speech is important. That's why even though I'm originally from Ukraine I can't really blame RT for existing...

"Freedom of speech" can happily coexist with rules that prevent (or at least call out) "news" channels from promoting fabrications as fact.

"Freedom of speech" can happily coexist with rules that prevent (or at least call out) "news" channels from promoting fabrications as fact.

Believe me, I'm having very tough time reconciling this. Every time Ukrainian government imposes a ban on Russian propaganda (recently social media) for a very good reason (most of the shit there is run by Kremlin), I don't know how to feel about it. In general I think it's safer to be on the side of "freedom of speech". No matter how much made up shit pisses me off I'd rather have free press...

Kevitivity

I think most of CNN's journos are very good. But, like FOX, their opinion people have a clear bias. Right in FOX's case, Left in CNN's as I see it.
Bias is in the eye of the beholder - which is one of the reasons I feel unfettered free speach is so important - Vastly more important that this Russia story for sure.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Believe me, I'm having very tough time reconciling this. Every time Ukrainian government imposes a ban on Russian propaganda (recently social media) for a very good reason (most of the shit there is run by Kremlin), I don't know how to feel about it. In general I think it's safer to be on the side of "freedom of speech". No matter how much made up shit pisses me off I'd rather have free press...

You don't outright have to ban anything. You can regulate speech without infringing on the right for something to be said. "Freedom of speech" also does not mean freedom to say anything without consequence, see "yelling fire in a crowded theater".

Without meaningful regulation, you end up with the situation you have right now in the US where a large chunk of the population is some combination of misinformed and ignorant and a President who happily abuses the truth on an ongoing basis.

I think most of CNN's journos are very good. But, like FOX, their opinion people have a clear bias. Right in FOX's case, Left in CNN's as I see it.
Bias is in the eye of the beholder - which is one of the reasons I feel unfettered free speach is so important - Vastly more important that this Russia story for sure.

This is disingenuous. CNN, MSNBC exist to report news as it happens with facts. Fox does not do this. They do not report news if it does not fit the worldview they are pushing, when they do decide to run news it is packaged to support and push a specific worldview. Fox is propaganda that does not have good journalistic intentions of reporting. Let's stop trying with both sides bs here.

Teggy

@realDonaldTrump

I suggest that we add more dollars to Healthcare and make it the best anywhere. ObamaCare is dead - the Republicans will do much better!
7:57 PM · May 28, 2017

I think a child wrote this. Yes, let's add infinite dollars and give everyone free healthcare.

And perhaps start by paying the Obamacare subsidies?

CNN's biggest issue is their panels of opposing views.

They fill their primetime panels with people from two sides who are not experts on anything that is happening and basically spew their talking points. The GOP/Trump people are the worst here because they will defend anything (good for Trump though). Their Dem panelists are more ready to admit flaws (bad for Hillary it was though).

Their panels are basically crossfire with 6 people instead of two.

I think a child wrote this. Yes, let's add infinite dollars and give everyone free healthcare.
No wonder why this guy went bankrupt so many times. Also he has always seemed to promise impossible things and demonstrating even more naivety than Sanders. On the campaign trail, I feel the best way to debate Trump is to troll heavy when he starts spewing his BS. When called out on not taking the debate seriously point out Trump's behavior and the moderator not intervening.

Pixieking

Banned
No wonder why this guy went bankrupt so many times. Also he has always seemed to promise impossible things and demonstrating even more naivety than Sanders. On the campaign trail, I feel the best way to debate Trump is to troll heavy when he starts spewing his BS. When called out on not taking the debate seriously point out Trump's behavior and the moderator not intervening.

This depends upon the gender of the people involved. I seem to remember something about how, if Hillary or Carly Fiorina had pointed-out Trump's behaviour more explicitly, it would be interpreted as either a) weak women unable to handle political life, or b) women nagging about their treatment. Implicit/systemic sexism is, if you'll pardon the phrase, a bitch.

And perhaps start by paying the Obamacare subsidies?

That was actually on the right track. The GOP has to be willing to invest more money the right way to make US health care dramatically more efficient and fix the disaster that we currently have so we can be more competitive with the rest of the world. Health care is killing business and ruining lives through hardship.

Get rid of the subsidies and stop relying so heavily on private insurers. They suck.

I hate to sound snarky, but reading the OT sometimes reminds me how little people know about our government and international relations. Trump's every move (or Tweet) seems to elicit cries of existential despair. "He's destroying our country!" they wail... despite the fact that he and his Congress have passed no meaningful legislation and made no irreversible changes. If Ossoff wins next month, the Republicans will be too scared to try anything too extreme, effectively paralyzing legislation. Barring another justice's death, we have the same Supreme Court as before Scalia's death. And then we have the Russia investigation that looks set to generate at least one headline a day for the foreseeable future.

The Merkel thread has people predicting the EU will leave us and defect to China when we still have the largest economy and military in the world. The latter seems unlikely to change under any president, and the former won't change unless we have another crisis - in which case the rest of the world will suffer, too. Yes, the other countries perceive us as stupid, and rightfully so, but they won't abandon us en masse. Yes, Trump has certainly eroded our soft power and perhaps accelerated the loss of superpower status, but I think our hegemony will outlast his presidency.

I mean, I acknowledge the damage he's inflicted to our reputation, and I fear the damage he COULD wreak if he gets his budget or policies passed. But now, I just can't bring myself to wallow in angst about a dimestore Berlusconi (the most apt comparison, I think) with abysmal approval ratings and a penchant for creating his own problems. Some sane voice in OT mentioned, and I agree, that he WANTS us to see him as a powerful, unstoppable strongman. Let's not give him the satisfaction.

Tell me you have full confidence in me if you disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom