• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Oppo Droppo!

NYT and WaPo doing Clinton's work.
Just like last time
fiiATiV.jpg

Rumors of a meeting between GOP leadership and senators where they were shown what they believed to be "evidence" of what would happen to their party if they didn't pass healthcare legislation.

Most likely party propaganda to try and force them into a vote.

But unlike with the House, aren't they first waiting for the CBO score?

Wilsongt

Trump @realDonaldTrump

Great meeting with @HouseGOP and @SenateGOP leaders, including @SpeakerRyan, @SenateMajLdr, @GOPLeader, @JohnCornyn & @SteveScalise. #USA🇺🇸

#USAUSAUSA

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Murphy won the NJ primary which is very extremely shocking

Not really. His major challenger ran horrible ads, they featured more Bernie speaking than stuff from the actual candidate. I saw one last night and it felt like a Bernie for pres ad until the end of the ad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But unlike with the House, aren't they first waiting for the CBO score?

They are believed to be, yes. That meeting is just most likely where this new stuff about AHCA came from.

Not really. His major challenger ran horrible ads, they featured more Bernie speaking than stuff from the actual candidate. I saw one last night and it felt like a Bernie for pres ad until the end of the ad.
That was sarcasm. No one in this world could possibly be surprised Murphy won.

Trump @realDonaldTrump

Great meeting with @HouseGOP and @SenateGOP leaders, including @SpeakerRyan, @SenateMajLdr, @GOPLeader, @JohnCornyn & @SteveScalise. #USA🇺🇸

#USAUSAUSA

OK, Now I'm LESS worried about the GOP Senate passing the AHCA now that I know this meeting involved Trump.

royalan

Ossoff is certainly eloquent, but his responses don't hit nearly as hard as Handel's. She hits her attack points solidly, knocking Obamacare over and over again. She's going for blood. For some reason, Ossoff simply keeps alluding to AHCA (at least in the chunk of the debate I've seen. Maybe he went in for the kill earlier).

Maybe it's unreasonable, but this worries me. It speaks to the Democrats consistent problem of being unable to hang Republicans by their failures.

Teggy

Bill @alshabob2

Replying to @LouiseMensch
Louise how are we doing with the sealed indictments against Trump that you promised were issued its been weeks if not a month - just lies?

Louise Mensch @LouiseMensch

Doing brilliantly thanks. He's being impeached over them as we speak.

Guys, guys, don't worry. Impeachment is already going on. Or something. Cause that's how this works.

Ourobolus

Banned
The line that stood out to me the most was Handel saying "I do not support a livable wage."

I know there's that whole bootstrap line of thinking on the right, but I expect some nice attack ads in the future...

Yes. I don't know why anyone watches debates, they're just televised rallies for people to cheer for their team.

Because

(a) I want to see and hear what the people of GA-06 see and hear and predict how the debate might affect the race.

and

(b) I want to be under Jon Ossoff.

Or maybe just (b).

Say it with me:

Trump Has Dementia

I don't know how to do the clap hands thing

I don't usually like doing eyeball non medical diagnosis of people, but I would be very surprised if Trump didn't have Dementia.

That video of him in Europe where he just gets up and wanders around mid conversation was actually really scary to watch

Tarydax

Banned
Ossoff is certainly eloquent, but his responses don't hit nearly as hard as Handel's. She hits her attack points solidly, knocking Obamacare over and over again. She's going for blood. For some reason, Ossoff simply keeps alluding to AHCA (at least in the chunk of the debate I've seen. Maybe he went in for the kill earlier).

Maybe it's unreasonable, but this worries me. It speaks to the Democrats consistent problem of being unable to hang Republicans by their failures.

Agreed, especially with the bolded.

Maybe he talked about it earlier, but in the part about healthcare I saw, Ossoff didn't mention that one of the problems with Obamacare right now is that insurers are leaving because Trump is deliberately causing uncertainty in the market. It seemed like that would have been an easy point to score, but he didn't go for it in that particular segment of the debate. Like you said, Handel was going for blood. Her policy proposals were awful and that living wage comment was downright callous, but she was consistent with both her partisan and personal attacks. I honestly thought she won that debate, not on substance, but on pure viciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom