• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually like doing eyeball non medical diagnosis of people, but I would be very surprised if Trump didn't have Dementia.

That video of him in Europe where he just gets up and wanders around mid conversation was actually really scary to watch

Let me put it this way:

Remember this Story where Trump asked Merkel the same fucking question ELEVEN TIMES?
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4

That is a classic case for an early sign of dementia.

Other signs of different stages of dementia include:

- Severe lack of attention span (not in an ADHD sort of way but in a physically incapable of keeping on topic sort of way) (we have seen this shit no only in reports on Trump's meetings but even at his rallies where he can't stay on topic)
- Emotions get more extreme (because the part of the brain that controls emotions also deteriorates like the rest of the brain and thus emotions are less controlled) (that's what we are seeing more and more of lately)
- Reliving one's most intense memories (we haven't seen this yet, but I think with how much being president ages people, we WILL see this)
- Loss of Vocabulary (because the brain literally no longer has it stored what the word is they are supposed to be referring to)

johnsmith

remember me
Let me put it this way:

Remember this Story where Trump asked Merkel the same fucking question ELEVEN TIMES?
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4

That is a classic case for an early sign of dementia.

Other signs of different stages of dementia include:

- Severe lack of attention span (not in an ADHD sort of way but in a physically incapable of keeping on topic sort of way) (we have seen this shit no only in reports on Trump's meetings but even at his rallies where he can't stay on topic)
- Emotions get more extreme (because the part of the brain that controls emotions also deteriorates like the rest of the brain and thus emotions are less controlled) (that's what we are seeing more and more of lately)
- Reliving one's most intense memories (we haven't seen this yet, but I think with how much being president ages people, we WILL see this)
- Loss of Vocabulary (because the brain literally no longer has it stored what the word is they are supposed to be referring to)

He's definitely doing that

LNChBzs.png

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/politics/trump-brought-printed-map-handouts-cnntv/index.html
President Donald Trump had a special handout for three Reuters journalists who conducted a wide-ranging interview with him on Thursday connected to his first 100 days in office.

While discussing a topic regarding Chinese President Xi Jinping, Trump produced three maps illustrating the latest data from his electoral college wins in the 2016 election, according to Jeff Mason, the White House correspondent for Reuters and president of the White House Correspondents' Association.

I'm not sure that would be conclusive proof of what I am talking about.

Like I'm not talking about him simply being obsessed with the fact that he won. I'm talking like he'll be doing an interview with CBS, and like a snap of the fingers, he all of a sudden will LITERALLY think that it's 11:00 PM on November 8th 2016.

Or to give another example, he'll be doing another one of his rallies, and all of a sudden he'll be silent because he think's it's April 2011 and that he just got humiliated by President Obama at the WHCD.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll ask here, too.

Regarding the California/China agreement: So I'm happy about this, but I see a lot of people talking about the whole treaty clause of the Constitution and how states can't enter into these sorts of agreements. Any validity to that? Serious question.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'll ask here, too.

Regarding the California/China agreement: So I'm happy about this, but I see a lot of people talking about the whole treaty clause of the Constitution and how states can't enter into these sorts of agreements. Any validity to that? Serious question.
Simple. It's not a treaty. (Yes it's true states cannot individually be party to a treaty)

Ogodei

I'll ask here, too.

Presumably that only applies to a binding agreement. States can make all the informal agreements they want.

I'll ask here, too.

Not sure but wouldn't getting around that easily include informally following whatever provisions are there? I'd think as long as a state does not formally enter into a treaty, a violation could not occur.

But then again, I'm not a constitutional lawyer. I'm not a lawyer of anykind.

I'll ask here, too.

It's more like a climate gentlemans agreement

He's basically saying he'll keep to the standards they would have been doing had we not chose to opt out of the climate deal. The terms were all negotiated so Brown knows what they are. He can just follow them and tell China he's doing it .

Is it terrible that I kind of want SA to fuck up and hit one of our bases?

Just throw that right in Trump's lap.

Edit: I don't mean destroying the base just having an off-course missile hit the infrastructure with no casualties or something. Mobile makes me a lazy typist.

Rumors of a meeting between GOP leadership and senators where they were shown what they believed to be "evidence" of what would happen to their party if they didn't pass healthcare legislation.

Most likely party propaganda to try and force them into a vote.

Did they manage to stop off the video before it got to the "and here's how fucked you'll be if you do!" part?

Why the fuck does anyone talk to Newt anymore?

I think he gets paid by the horseshit sentence. Yet another whipping the party over the line with delusional far-right rhetoric when it comes down to it.

Saudi Arabia gives Qatar 24 hours to meet these 10 demands, which include shutting down Al Jazeera

https://twitter.com/faisaledroos/status/872251817110806528

("Or else" not exactly clear)

The CNN report about this being a Russian planted fake news makes me worry, not that SA and gang may have been duped but that they may not have been.

The very last thing we need right now is an international incident that could somehow give Trump's administration some credence like 9/11 did for Bush.

Uh.

Yeah?

Like really terrible. Even worse than terrible ? Come the fuck on man.

Eh I don't really see it playing out like 9/11 or 2003. Trump's base isn't Bush's and if anything they'd be super against international conflict. But I just mean in terms of him having to deal with it in the face of his full embrace of SA over the last month.

Also I should've been more specific but I didn't mean like SA run full bore over the base just like have a missile hit it without casualties or something.

Also admittedly I thought the base was smaller before I just googled it.

Ogodei

An ally accidentally killing American troops while trying to hit another ally would be terrible, but also wouldn't be a political points-winner for basically anybody involved.

The Saudis will never admit to being duped, so they're in "go big or go home" mode now. CNN actually got a hell of a scoop, since depending on where this goes it changes the whole backdrop of an international conflict. The Saudis are now the baddies? Wasn't anticipating that twist (to be out in the open so clearly despite the fact that political junkies have known this ever since 9/11).

Eh I don't really see it playing out like 9/11 or 2003. Trump's base isn't Bush's and if anything they'd be super against international conflict. But I just mean in terms of him having to deal with it in the face of his full embrace of SA over the last month.

Also I should've been more specific but I didn't mean like SA run full bore over the base just like have a missile hit it without casualties or something.

Rooting for an attack on one of our bases regardless if anyone is killed is literally the worst thing anyone can root for and regardless of intent you should be ashamed of yourself.

Root for a Piss tape to drop or some shit if you want Trump to have a bad day. Christ.

Man, Jason Kander is so well spoken and articulate. Is there hope for him again in politics after his CNN contribution gig? What a waste.

Rooting for an attack on one of our bases regardless if anyone is killed is literally the worst thing anyone can root for and regardless of intent you should be ashamed of yourself.

Root for a Piss tape to drop or some shit if you want Trump to have a bad day. Christ.

Alright it was a shitty post that I didn't really think about before I made, I'll admit that.

But tbf rooting for the piss tape is also rooting for some underage girl to have had to endure Trump pissing on her face against her will. Also has deeper implications worth considering.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Alright it was a shitty post that I didn't really think about before I made, I'll admit that.

But tbf rooting for the piss tape is also rooting for some underage girl to have had to endure Trump pissing on her face against her will. Also has deeper implications worth considering.

I never heard anyone imply it was an underage girl.

Extremely shameful and petty. It really doesn't if no one is killed. Wishing for our people to be in harms way so it could hurt Trump or anything else is terrible.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Saudi Arabia gives Qatar 24 hours to meet these 10 demands, which include shutting down Al Jazeera

https://twitter.com/faisaledroos/status/872251817110806528

("Or else" not exactly clear)

24 hours is conveniently less than 12 hours before the Comey hearings.

https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status/872279326112272386

.@ossoff throws @karenhandel's residency attack back at her with mustard on it #GA06

video at link

rekt

It was a solid, fact-filled comeback. My problem is that I want some democrats with some fire. He is so calm and collected it makes him seem like he has zero energy and doesn't even care. Throw some snark back. Raise your voice a little. Remember Biden destroying Paul Ryan in that debate? That's what I want to see more of.

Finally a deep-red state sees some sense. Whether they elect a Democrat or more moderate Republican next year, they'll be in far better shape.

I hope Oklahoma one day has a similar moment of clarity.

Kansas is more Nebraska-like than Oklahoma-like though.

Expecting Oklahoma to ever regret going hard right is just not happening for at least another 100 years.

24 hours is conveniently less than 12 hours before the Comey hearings.

I don't see any* of the major networks covering a middle eastern conflict over the Comey hearings.

*except Fox of course

Plus if SA invades Qatar it would probably be over within 12 hours unless we helped Qatar.

Which with Trump in charge we won't.

I usually just shitpost sarcastically in here but it it astounds me that conservatives aren't for singlepayer healthcare (or allpayer healthcare, or any kind of real healthcare plan). There is no such thing as innovation in the insurance market. In medicine, sure; in moving money around and asking your actuarians how likely it is an elderly hispanic woman with diabetes will have health complications next year, no.

Healthcare is a $3 trillion market in the United States and comprises something like 17% of our GDP. The UK spends half as much as us on healthcare. At this point some cockhead says "we're not the UK". No shit, asshole, the numbers say plainly as much, but why can't we be? Best healthcare in the world at half the price, I'd buy that for a dollar. Same thing with drug prices: our pharmaceutical patent system is obviously a government sanctioned monopoly machine but god forbid we put a dent in bank account of the Duke of Pfizer. All this money is churning uselessly like pennies in the drain.

I'm a capitalist. I want everyone to save money on healthcare - everyone. The doctors, the patients, and whoever's footing the bill. And then I want everyone to take that money they saved and spend it on everything else in the world. Fast cars, big guns, or queso dribbling down your chin. Spend it. This is America. Greed is the creed. Yeah, I'm a greedy capitalist, and if you are, too, you should want singlepayer healthcare. The economy grows. People have more money to spend. We all get more shitty stuff, like Apple Watches and man-rompers.

And conservatives get to bring stuff home to their constituents: rednecks and people over 50. Medical bills go down. Fat diabetics in Missouri don't go bankrupt. It's all great. That's what politics is about, isn't it? Finding the smallest viable coalition of people to be indebted to and then giving them goodies. You can give voters cheap insulin and they don't have to vote for their guns or bibles to be taken away. "Yay, glad I voted Republican," they can say.

But no, Paul Ryan is dragging these idiots down a corporatist cuckfest. It's stupid. Everything is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom