• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Senate will absolutely replace this with something much more moderate, even moreso than the original AHCA.

The FC in the House will then have to make the decision whether they prefer any repeal of Obamacare at all or nothing at all. That is what it's going to come down to.

Where did I say we can't try?

Just hate the attitude that somehow the Senate will save us.

I hate the attitude that this somehow will be easy walk in the Senate! How about instead of saying "bang!", we actually try to make it hard for them and try to make the bill as least-damaging as possible?

Fun fact, Republicans actually have a smaller margin in the Senate than in the House!

Wilsongt

The president will make remarks at 3:30 in the Rose Garden, per the White House

"Job killing Obamacare is dead! Health insurance will now be more affordable. Our bill will help people bigly. It's the best healthcare bill passed ever."

There. Saved you a few seconds.

C_ANI-0XkAAUdIF.jpg

Media is worse now than it was on 2009. This isn't going to have the kind of political fallout people think it will.

pigeon

Banned
Where did I say we can't try?

Just hate the attitude that somehow the Senate will save us.

It shouldn't be taken as a given by any means, but the fact that Lamar Alexander has already come out and said the Senate will write their own bill over several weeks seems pretty relevant since he chairs the relevant committee.

PBY

Banned
It shouldn't be taken as a given by any means, but the fact that Lamar Alexander has already come out and said the Senate will write their own bill over several weeks seems pretty relevant since he chairs the relevant committee.
Good. And they're waiting for the CBO.

Jennifer Rubin‏Verified account @JRubinBlogger 4m4 minutes ago
More
Portman already dumping on House bill -- really kills the House Ohio reps who voted for something GOP senator and governor cannot support

An ACA repeal may happen but its not going to be the AHCA with a few minor mods.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
OK. No one will report on the CBO score for this. Americans will lose their Healthcare and no one will care. Hurray!

Yeah because they didn't put it all over the headlines with the last score?

Of course they will. It's a garbage presentation of what happened today but they'll happily get back to slamming the GOP tomorrow.

Slizeezyc

OK. No one will report on the CBO score for this. Americans will lose their Healthcare and no one will care. Hurray!

I don't mind a little of that word that starts with D and ends with S in my PoliGAF. Can't blame them for being there etc. anyway.

(Also I know you were being sarcastic)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Any source on them removing the congress exclusion from the bill?

Vixdean

Everyone needs to put the freak out on hold and remember that before it failed the first time around, conventional wisdom was that House Republicans would send some piece of garbage to die in the Senate. So far, that's all that has happened. There's a long way to go before anything reaches Trump's desk.

Senate will absolutely replace this with something much more moderate, even moreso than the original AHCA.

The FC in the House will then have to make the decision whether they prefer any repeal of Obamacare at all or nothing at all. That is what it's going to come down to.

I bet they'll find winning is more fun and more popular with their voters than losing. So I have little hope they'll be scared by going too moderate for their district. Our only hope lies in making voters in purple states and GOP districts hate the bill not because it's too moderate, but because they are aware exactly how badly it fucks them over.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thanks Roland_Gunner, I like to source stuff I post on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom