• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the real fight begins. I expect everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off here better be b9mbing their senators offices with phone calls

broz0rs

Lmao Darryl Fucking Issa's vote won it.

Edit:
They're seriously singing Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye.

These evil fucks must really think they're wrestling heels or comic villains.

I read Dems were singing this towards Republicans implying their election losses in the future.

Surprised and impressed. Especially with there being almost no room for error (217 apparently). Now we watch senate republicans polish this, send it back and enrage the HFC.

If you're a moderate republican you basically lost your seat for nothing today.

Not sure what changes, wow it passed the House (BARELY) and how is it going to pass the Senate, plus the backlash it's going to get.

They're still have no idea what to do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lmao Darryl Fucking Issa's vote won it.

No it didn't.

Plinko said:
I'm wondering if this is more of a "We know we have the votes and know constituents will hate it, so we'll allow a few GOP Reps in iffy districts to vote no."

This is what happened. They had more.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

If victorious, Republicans will be having a big press conference at the beautiful Rose Garden of the White House immediately after vote!
2:07 PM · May 4, 2017
1,934 RETWEETS
8,001 LIKES

Partay in the Rose Garden, bitches~!

Dierce

I really want to see all republican politicians in prison. I don't fucking care what charges are brought against them. Those shits deserve to be locked away from society.

Pixieking

Banned
On the assumption this doesn't actually pass the House second time, this great news, yeah? Riles up the Dem base, and now all the media is going to be awash in how it hurts the poor.

It's the Democrats singing because the Republicans just put their majority in jeopardy.

C'mon guys.

No, but that doesn't make it true.

It also doesn't matter and you'd be foolish to think that will stop anyone from running an ad calling them the deciding vote.

Fuchsdh

Gotta say, that feels right if it were true (it's not). Like, movie-wise, that's a pretty good ending for the evil triumphs version.

To be fair, this isn't a new thing to the House. Lots of embarrassing shit has happened there in terms of being tone deaf.

Yep. I remember being a naive kid and thinking it was bullshit that reps got switched out so often and that was a terrible system the Founders should never have instituted. And then I realized what loons get elected to the House, let alone their conduct there, and I realized they were smarter than I realized.

Wilsongt

Literally Republicans did the exact same thing with Rep. Marjorie Margolies in 1994.

Yeah, but don't forget that Democrats are held to a different standard than the GOP.

The GOP can do it and get away with it. The attack ads and spin are going to be brutal against Dems.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well, hopefully the courts are already warmed up to slap down the religious EO Trump signed today.

There's not all that much in it warranting a quick smack down. Maybe it gets defeated after a lengthy battle, but ain't shit happening anytime soon. There's nothing all that offensive about it (relatively speaking to Trump's baseline offensiveness).

Teggy

Celebrating a "win" before it passes the senate seems pretty desperate. And pretty much exactly what trump would do.

Celebrating a "win" before it passes the senate seems pretty desperate. And pretty much exactly what trump would do.

That's because this entire thing was orchestrated for Trump. Literally that's it. The next few weeks aren't going to suddenly be easy as pie because they passed the lowest possible hurdle.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm not cutting the ads against Republicans so you should maybe take it up with someone who is.

Get the fuck out of here with that. Seriously. If Dems get hung up on technically true shit they'll lose everything yet again. They have to play dirty.

Where the fuck did I say they shouldn't run the ads? Nowhere. Run as violent and hateful ads as you need to in order to get these monsters out of office.

In my personal conversation, I'm still going to value actual truth.

Wilsongt

It looks like the Congressional exemption from Trumpcare's bullshit was axed. Bitches got caught and voted unanomously to remove the provision.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It looks like the Congressional exemption from Trumpcare's bullshit was axed. Bitches got caught and voted unanomously to remove the provision.

Wow, this thing really was rushed if they fucked that up.

Where the fuck did I say they shouldn't run the ads? Nowhere. Run as violent and hateful ads as you need to in order to get these monsters out of office.

In my personal conversation, I'm still going to value actual truth.

I'm literally telling you to expect ads about the deciding vote. I am not advocating for said position. I'm agnostic on it. I am telling you to expect it. You then came for me saying "truth doesn't matter to you?" to which I replied.

Breathe.

Congress should be required to sign any provisions upon proposal. I don't care that it didn't make it in the end, only who thought of it in the first place.

Every vote is a deciding vote no matter what the count, don't be fucking dumb

I mean, technically there's a deciding vote but we don't timestamp votes.

Run national ads in every district over this shit.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So is it wrong I'm already imagining how cruel attack ads should be?. As in I kinda hope there's an ad saying "By the time you see this ad I will be dead thanks to *insert Republican* voting to take away my healthcare.".

So is it wrong I'm already imagining how cruel attack ads should be?. As in I kinda hope there's an ad saying "By the time you see this ad I will be dead thanks to *insert Republican* voting to take away my healthcare.".

We should absolutely run this ad. It's really not going to be difficult to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom