• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get so comfortable with the "this won't pass the Senate" rhetoric. To me, this is like saying don't worry about Trump winning the GOP nod, he'll never beat Clinton.

I'm still just mindfucked how moderate GOP can fall in line with a bill that is probably worse than the previous one considering it's taking away essential health benefits, and adding a pittance amount ($8 billion over 5 years) towards pre-existing conditions can sway so many of them.

Boom!! This exactly!!

I'm still befuddled on how many posting in here still having faith that somebody will come to their senses and vote no in the Senate, or that we'll win big in 2018. NO! WE WON'T.

WE'RE FUCKED because the ones that vote are gerrymandered and protected by brainless fucking goddamn idiots who would vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name, even when it's proven their bankruptcy came from Republicans only.

There will be backlash, but enough window-lickers will show up in 2018 to keep the House and Senate Republican, ensuring 2 more years of fuckery. I almost hope for a fucking war for a good cleansing, as there is little hope for humans, when a small minority can have this much power over a "rational" majority. Fuck me!!!

Wake the fuck up and know that until we fix gerrymandering (yeah right!) and voting rights (yeah right!) and other things, we're fucked. Get used to losing to lies, fear and pretty much everything opposite of what we've all been raised and know as good and true and representing justice.

I'm glad I don't own a gun because this is me right now:

YOSPOS-puts-gun-to-head-guy-dancing-head-bopping-1411903135g.gif

daedalius

Basically, even if this dies in the Senate. Many Americans will now think their Obamacare is Trumpcare and like it more than they do today while thinking the benefits they are getting is due to Trump.

Many Americans? I guess you mean "bumblefuck Trump voters"

I don't think that will save the republican majority

tbm24

Basically, even if this dies in the Senate. Many Americans will now think their Obamacare is Trumpcare and like it more than they do today while thinking the benefits they are getting is due to Trump.
That's a better alternative than brute forcing this shit bill and killing Americans by denying them health care.

Wilsongt

Oh hey. Half of 1/3 of the government is actually going to do part of their job for once.

How long until Trump attacks the Senate?

Ok some of you guys need to take a deep breath.

I have a pre-existing condition that got me rejected from insurance before the ACA and even I'm not in full blown panic mode.

Boom!! This exactly!!

I'm still befuddled on how many posting in here still having faith that somebody will come to their senses and vote no in the Senate, or that we'll win big in 2018. NO! WE WON'T.

WE'RE FUCKED because the ones that vote are gerrymandered and protected by brainless fucking goddamn idiots who would vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name, even when it's proven their bankruptcy came from Republicans only.

There will be backlash, but enough window-lickers will show up in 2018 to keep the House and Senate Republican, ensuring 2 more years of fuckery. I almost hope for a fucking war for a good cleansing, as there is little hope for humans, when a small minority can have this much power over a "rational" majority. Fuck me!!!

Wake the fuck up and know that until we fix gerrymandering (yeah right!) and voting rights (yeah right!) and other things, we're fucked. Get used to losing to lies, fear and pretty much everything opposite of what we've all been raised and know as good and true and representing justice.

Obama won twice. It can happen again

NeoXChaos

Boom!! This exactly!!

even if we A. fixed gerrymanderying and B. voting rights you will always have safe R and D seats. Fixing these 2 won't fix polarization.

Slizeezyc

Boom!! This exactly!!

Hi, hope you enjoy your stay. Can I show you to your room?

Boom!! This exactly!!

Gerrymandering actually is a benefit for the Dems if there is a wave in 2018. Puts more seats at risk than otherwise.

Gerrymandering doesn't invent hard R votes out of nothing. It spreads them around to make competitive districts less competitive.

Hot take:

Since the Senate is going to wait for the CBO to release. I would guess it would look so much worse than last one. This would give the Senate the excuse to not vote on it and afterwords the Senate would do their own bill and push that towards the House. It depends on what is in the Senate bill for the House to consider it. The FC may or may not like it.

Glenn Thrush‏Verified account
@GlennThrush

Like watching a Super Bowl celebration after winning the second exhibition season game. Amazing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hot take:

Since the Senate is going to wait for the CBO to release. I would guess it would look so much worse than last one. This would give the Senate the excuse to not vote on it and afterwords the Senate would do their own bill and push that towards the House. It depends on what is in the Senate bill for the House to consider it. The FC may or may not like it.

Actually, the Senate has apparently already said they are making their own bill.
I don't see them reconciling it with the HFC.

It's sure what all this looks like. He's throwing a Rose Garden celebration of getting a bill past the House, which the GOP has a rather large majority in.

This lasts until the Senate takes it up. So, the weekend.

If no bill ever comes out of the Senate or the House never passes the Senate bill (though I'm not making any predictions in that regard), no one can pretend Obamacare is gone. I mean, c'mon.

This is something you'd say if the only elections you're aware of are the last handful, in which a Democrat was president.

If you look at the larger context of history you will understand it is the case in the vast majority of instances that midterms swing against the sitting president to some extent, contingent on how popular/unpopular he was.

That's all well and good, but we're in a new era now where those trends don't apply anymore. We're fucked! I'll keep fighting and supporting everyone who resists this bullshit, but I won't hold false hopes again after our flogging last November.

History also showed us how just one quote could sink your candidacy. Remember binders full of women, and the 47% gaffe? Sunk!

Now compare that to Trump....

#neweraofderp

JP_

Banned
I wish the media wouldn't call this an "obamacare replacement" -- it's just a few small edits, really. They didn't "replace" it with some new system. The core legislation is still there, just more broken now.

Kusagari

Republicans just letting this die In the Senate and then letting Obamacare exist while claiming that it's the "passed" TrumpCare would actually be a hilarious strategy.

Most of America would probably fall for it.

Of the ones that aren't that, Colorado's is definitely the worst. Looks like a sports team logo.
What makes you say that? It's one of like 5 states that have flags that wouldn't stand out to me as anything weird alongside the flags of most other major countries. I guess single letters are more common to sports, but a c is a lot more low key than most letters.

Worst has to be Maryland. Just a chaotic mass of random shapes and colors as if the design was purposefully trying to make you go crazy by looking at it.

nunst032.gif
I know this is well after the fact, but this thread moved very fast today. This is the logo of the old Colorado Rockies NHL team back in 1977:

ie - It WAS a sports logo!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, the Senate has apparently already said they are making their own bill.
I don't see them reconciling it with the HFC.

This is the exact same thing they did for their trial run to make Obama veto it.

I would definitely not rely on the HFC to sabotage the Senate bill. The dynamics at play will be extremely different next time the house votes on it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This is the exact same thing they did for their trial run to make Obama veto it.

I would definitely not rely on the HFC to sabotage the Senate bill. The dynamics at play will be extremely different next time the house votes on it.

There is still reconcilation and rule changes to consider too.

That post celebration speech was fucking surreal. Two members using cry me a river anecdotes about their constituents or their fucking dad as if their stories should offset the people whose lives have improved under O'Care.

Give people , doctors , hospitals and states the choice is so fucking when doctors, hospitals use my health hostage to pay for their unaffordable prices.

So the democrats and all the special interests groups will runs ads against this constantly, god forbid it passes the Senate and people begin to lose their health insurance, and people are going to say, "Wow I really like Trumpcare".

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There is still reconcilation and rule changes to consider too.

Which is the entire reason they're starting from scratch, and was the reason they ditched the bill and started from scratch last time.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
In other news.

C_AgludXYAIMWHH.jpg

@RepAdamSchiff

Just finished closed hearing with FBI Director Comey and NSA Director Rogers. Good opportunity for our follow up. Here are next steps:

Of course they would.

yea. some of you guys underestimate the stupidity of the american voter.
its pretty much already been happening with Republicans having higher opinions of the Affordable Care Act over Obamacare. That amount of ignorance runs deep.

Its been 7 f-ing years and people still don't they are the same.

He's saying most Trump voters were and are too stupid to understand what they have and why it benefits them. I agree, if we keep Obama Care, many people will think it's now different and Trump created it.

Pulling back politically, wouldn't it be a good thing if people were happy?

Regardless it's hard to see how that happens if the bill fails in the Senate. It's not like Trump is going to get on stage and say he reformed the healthcare system. He is a petty man and will probably still be railing on dems and republicans for blocking it

Boom!! This exactly!!

This entire post is just you begging others to be in a state of hysterical panicking and not listening to any facts and are just assuming that bad things will always happen because of reasons and you somehow know literally everything that's about to happen in the future.

In other words, it's everything wrong with GAF OT in one post.

That's all well and good, but we're in a new era now where those trends don't apply anymore. We're fucked! I'll keep fighting and supporting everyone who resists this bullshit, but I won't hold false hopes again after our flogging last November.

History also showed us how just one quote could sink your candidacy. Remember binders full of women, and the 47% gaffe? Sunk!

Now compare that to Trump....

#neweraofderp

What do you mean those trends don't apply anymore? On what evidence?

The fact that Trump's campaign didn't sink because of one bad quote? Come on now.

"I'll keep fighting, but we're guaranteed to lose" is a really pathetic attitude to take. You can't just make assumptions how all trends from the past are now suddenly invalid because of reasons when you can look to something like the last too special elections being super close for Dems in red states.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Pulling back politically, wouldn't it be a good thing if people were happy?

Regardless it's hard to see how that happens if the bill fails in the Senate. It's not like Trump is going to get on stage and say he reformed the healthcare system. He is a petty man and will probably still be railing on dems and republicans for blocking it

Yep. Voters are dumb and some might believe that. You could even conceive of a strategy where this bill fails and the GOP just lies and pretends they fixed everything. And it might work alright.

Problem is, Trump is a fucking moron child and he will continue raging about how the Dems and certain Republicans ruined his great plan.

He's saying most Trump voters were and are too stupid to understand what they have and why it benefits them. I agree, if we keep Obama Care, many people will think it's now different and Trump created it.
The Affordable Care Act is still suffering from a ton of issues and it will continue to so long as Republican's refuse to address them. If Trump wants to pretend it is fixed and everything is fine that is one thing, but nobody in the Senate is going to sit around pretending everything is fine. Once people continue to face the same issues they faced with the ACA they will be hounding their Representative/Senator as to why Trump Care didn't fix anything and why things are not better. The whole message that Trump and the Republican's ran on was that Obamacare was a disaster and they'd create a much better healthcare plan, nobody's going to be satisfied if you switch the names around and leave the issues in place.

I agree. Almost 1 in 10 Americans could lose coverage over this. The odds that a voter will be or knows someone who will be affected is insanely high.

The number of Americans that could see their premiums increase is much, much larger! If this bill became law it would affect the majority of families.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why democrats haven't crafted a universal Medicare bill yet is beyond me.

Why democrats haven't crafted a universal Medicare bill yet is beyond me.

There is one in the House, I think? Same Rep has made it for years. And Bernie was working on one.

It's not a "Democratic bill," though, because the Democratic Party likely doesn't support that at this time. (key words being "at this time")

The Conyers' Medicare For All bill now has like, 110 cosponsors in the House I think? Definitely more House Democrats support it than not.

Pelosi and Schumer both said "no opinion" but Pelosi also said "I've supported single payer since before you were born" to Jeff Stein when he asked. It's sort of a mystery who in the Senate other than Sanders and maybe Warren support it. I imagine Murphy, Brown, Baldwin, etc support it but I don't know how, idk, Shaheen or Menendez feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom