• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
CNN IS FUKING HYPE!

4ae2a9f8_o.png

CNN doing the whole Drudge thing...

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
You guys are pretty eager to believe Fox News can spin this when they've never been able to successfully spin this Russian stuff before.

It's still around. People still care about it. It's still slowing down his presidency.

Me and my boss at one of my jobs I work at talked about this last week. I tend to stay away from politics since I know he is a Trump supporter. This was the day the US dropped out of Paris. One point I asked him if Trump somehow gets impeached or even caught up in this Russia thing would he believe it. He told me know and said the sources that say it are totally wrong. Trump supporters are a different bread they will believe in the news that favors their side.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Christopher Hayes‏Verified account @chrislhayes

While a case mounts that the President obstructed justice, Senate Republicans are going to quietly repeal Obamacare w no public scrutiny

I tried to mention this earlier. Look at the timing of all of this. It is clearly purposeful.

You guys are pretty eager to believe Fox News can spin this when they've never been able to successfully spin this Russian stuff before.

It's still around. People still care about it. It's still slowing down his presidency.

81% approval among R voters. 82% favorability rating. I think Fox News is having a better impact than you give them credit for having.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2462

Those numbers need to be in the toilet before this Congress will ever act.

Incidentally, Comey's favorables among Rs is 13%. The things he says that are bad for Trump will be ignored.

Vestal

Abby D. Phillip‏ @abbydphillip 3 minutes ago
The RNC just emailed parts of Comey's statement in Trump's defense. Will be hard for them to cast doubt on the rest of his testimony now.

--------------------------------

As stated, they have their talking points. This is all that the brain-dead Fox News viewer is going to hear about.

Hook, line and sinker!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
81% approval among R voters. 82% favorability rating. I think Fox News is having a better impact than you give them credit for having.

Incidentally, Comey's favorables among Rs is 13%. The things he says that are bad for Trump will be ignored.

Exactly. GOP only cares about their right-wing nut base. As long as Fox News, Limbaugh, et al., continue being successful, they will do nothing.

I tried to mention this earlier. Look at the timing of all of this. It is clearly purposeful.

I mean, so they pass it under this mess. Then 20 million people lose insurance in 2018. With the GOP in full power. I guess they're banking they can spin this as a fault of Democrats?

This bill isn't popular and Trump's numbers keep falling. Being sneaky and passing this bill isn't going to help them.

Edit: And 81% approval among Republicans is trash.

Blader

Comey sacrificed his job and implied the president was attempting to obstruct justice in an investigation into whether the president conspired with a foreign power as part of a year-long conspiracy to secretly take away healthcare from 23 million people without anyone noticing.

That evil genius son of a bitch

wutwutwut

Sure, his support among Rs is still high, but I didn't see a number anywhere about what % of people identify as R. Party ID isn't party registration etc. It's possible a lot of Rs that hate him identify themselves as I.

Fox News is losing viewers and Trump's base that won him the election is eroding.

Also an ~80 favoribility isn't really all that hot.

This stuff is working, and no spin from Fox News is going to help. In fact their stupid spin is probably what's costing them viewers.

Comey sacrificed his job and implied the president was attempting to obstruct justice in an investigation into whether the president conspired with a foreign power as part of a year-long conspiracy to secretly take away healthcare from 23 million people without anyone noticing.

Seriously, lol

The timing is entirely coincidental, and the repeal vote won't even happen for a few weeks, if it even does at all.

I haven't seen what McCabe has said, but when I read the Comey statement, my takeaway is what it was -- there's nothing in it that would sway someone on the right. I thought it actually helped Trump much more than it hurt, because the damaging stuff can be spun and we already knew it anyway, and the new bit is that Comey actually did tell Trump multiple times that he wasn't being investigated. Parse that, say it refers to something specific while still allowing for other things, I mean, that's fair and plausible, but that's not going to be the spin on the right.

And like it or not, the opinion of right wing voters matters a heck of a lot more than what Mueller ends up finding.

This is all political spin though. If Mueller brings a case forward, then we see if the base still doesn't care at all.

The fact that he wasn't under investigation will be used by the right to obfuscate the fact that Comey detailed out a long history of Trump trying to obstruct. They won't be able to obfuscate if Mueller brings something up.

Impeachment is a political process. Donald Trump is not being removed from office or led away in handcuffs without the right wing base coming on board. And, barring some about face from Fox News, that's not going to happen in this lifetime.

There's a reason Fox News is losing viewership.

That's actually pretty bad for Trump if only 81% of Republicans support him. Someone (I think it was Paul Begala) mentioned that if his support falls below 80%, it will send alarm bells ringing in the Congress to start distancing themselves from him during their midterm elections and thats a number we should keep an eye on.

Plinko

Comey requested this to be released. Maybe some 9D chess going on or some shit.

What? I'm not referring to Comey's statement at all.

The dates of the public testimony from the IC has been known for weeks now. Look what was said today, look who is testifying tomorrow. GOP is trying to ram through the healthcare bill stuff while that is going on and getting headlines.

But Nixon didn't have control of both chambers of Congress

I know, but the point I was making Nixon's support was still fairly high during the scandal. It also doesn't mean it wasn't bad. It'll remain so for Trump too. However, not much has happen to Trump and his people. Until you see people resigning or things of that nature his support will be still pretty high I think.

Blader

The public testimony from the IC has been known for weeks now. Look what was said today, look who is testifying tomorrow. GOP is trying to ram through the healthcare bill stuff while that is going on and getting headlines.

If you think Senate Republicans have purposely timed anything about this investigation and its various hearings as a way to help their legislative agenda, then I don't know what to tell you.

The dates of the public testimony from the IC has been known for weeks now. Look what was said today, look who is testifying tomorrow. GOP is trying to ram through the healthcare bill stuff while that is going on and getting headlines.

The healthcare bill is several weeks away, at minimum, from being voted on.

Right now Trumps political power is basically Fox New's ability to spin it in his favor.

Next steps will be people like Goldberg on Fox news saying "Sure he may have committed treason but at least he doesn't want unborn babies murdered"

Well then it's a damn good thing that Fox and Breitbart are falling in ratings then.

The far right is losing this PR battle.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Ahh sorry mis read it. Still can't believe that bill will be passed sucks that this for them is the perfect time to do so.

Plinko

If you think Senate Republicans have purposely timed anything about this investigation and its various hearings as a way to help their legislative agenda, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't think political parties do this on a regular basis, then I don't know what to tell you.

The healthcare bill is several weeks away, at minimum, from being voted on.

So? They're moving on it right now. If people get blindsided by the news because media is focusing on the testimonies, that's no time for constituents to call their Congressmen because they won't know it's happening.

So? They're moving on it right now. If people get blindsided by the news because media is focusing on the testimonies, that's no time for constituents to call their Congressmen because they won't know it's happening.

They don't need a testimony possibly showing the president of the united states participated in obstruction of justice to hide their healthcare stuff.

It's like covering up embezzlement with a bank robbery.

Healthcare stuff will heat up next week when Comey's stuff starts to wear off. Especially if they do that weird multiple steps of CBO reports they apparently want to do.

Blader

If you don't think political parties do this on a regular basis, then I don't know what to tell you.

Political parties regularly play up an investigation into possible obstruction of justice and treason carried out by their own president as means of helping their legislative agenda move along, yes, of course, happens all the time. In fact, I distinctly recall Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell announcing at the beginning of the year that one of the things they were most excited for was standing behind the most unpopular president in decades, under FBI investigation for colluding with Russia, because it was going to help provide a glide path for their healthcare and tax cut packages.

Kinda makes you wonder why Obama didn't just break a few laws to help congressional Dems get the ACA passed quicker in the first place, but that's Obama I guess, always taking the high road.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh my god the piss tape is real

I know people like joking about this, and that many even believe it's true, but hypothetically, even if such a tape exists, what do people expect to happen?

Trump will deny it, then admit it, then say he does it all the time, and then his idiot fanbase will defend him by arguing who among us HASN'T engaged in unine-based sexual activities at one point in our lives? Also, this proves that Trump is totally alpha.

How the hell has Breitbart lost 90% of its advertisers in the past 2 months?

Turns out most advertisers don't like being associated with white supremacists and antisemites.

The fact that it's not 100% after they STILL haven't taken down their "Bill Kristol: Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew" article (yes that is an actual headline for an article of theirs) is disgusting.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
WHO MURDERED SETH RICH?

I think people finally started looking at what they actually publish.

I think Trump sort of shook a lot of people and companies awake. Folks that were indifferent about supporting shit like Breitbart before now look at it as an albatross.

Sleeping Giants and similar groups have been pressuring advertisers to pull out for months.

Turns out most advertisers don't like being associated with white supremacists and antisemites.

The fact that it's not 100% after they STILL haven't taken down their "Bill Kristol: Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew" article (yes that is an actual headline for an article of theirs) is disgusting.

I mean, yeah, all this stuff is true. But I guess I'm just surprised why it's happening NOW. I mean, it's not like Breitjust just recently became a White power outlet. It's the same confusion I have for Bill O'Reilly finally getting boycotted after people have known for years that's he's been a sexual predator.

How the hell has Breitbart lost 90% of its advertisers in the past 2 months?

Almost all of their advertisers were from meta-sources like Google Ads so companies didn't even know they were paying Breitbart. Since the election a ton of them have had the site blacklisted to avoid controversy.

Loxley

Look, I'll be the first person in line to tell people not to get their hopes up regarding Mueller/the FBI's investigation into Trump and his ties to Russia, but my God people need to cool it with the "nothing will happen" bullshit. Like, how about we at least wait for Mueller and the FBI to complete their investigation and publicly release their findings before we act like complete defeatists, hmm?

Vimes

I know people like joking about this, and that many even believe it's true, but hypothetically, even if such a tape exists, what do people expect to happen?

Trump will deny it, then admit it, then say he does it all the time, and then his idiot fanbase will defend him by arguing who among us HASN'T engaged in unine-based sexual activities at one point in our lives? Also, this proves that Trump is totally alpha.

Evangelicals will continue to stand by him and erode their dumb agenda in the eyes of everyone with half a brain, so that's something.

I mean, yeah, all this stuff is true. But I guess I'm just surprised why it's happening NOW. I mean, it's not like Breitjust just recently became a White power outlet. It's the same confusion I have for Bill O'Reilly finally getting boycotted after people have known for years that's he's been a sexual predator.

Well like someone else said, Trump's election was the breaking point where the backlash was no longer distracted by all the antiHillary bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom