• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
It "was true" that the FBI "did not" have an "open counter-intelligence case"

INTERESTING VERB CHOICE, MR. JIM

I was parsing this statement today and I think that on March 30 it's still true, per Comey, that Trump is not himself under investigation. But Comey never says that that remained true until Comey left the Bureau.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That statement kind of does confirm that Comey told trump he wasn't under investigation 3 times.

That was my takeaway as well. Also, very clearly looks like Trump was attempting obstruction of justice. If Comey can be corroborated, there is a solid case for impeachment.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That was my takeaway as well. Also, very clearly looks like Trump was attempting obstruction of justice. If Comey can be corroborated, there is a solid case for impeachment.

There are many solid cases for impeachment of Trump.

It's not a question of making a solid case it's a question of making a case so damning and undeniable that even the Republicans would go along with it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was parsing this statement today and I think that on March 30 it's still true, per Comey, that Trump is not himself under investigation. But Comey never says that that remained true until Comey left the Bureau.

This is how I read it. He was very careful with the word choices there.

AndyD

aka andydumi
During tomorrow's hearing:

- He mentioned hokers?
- Yes.
- Do you know what he is referring to?
- No comment.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This part is noteworthy.

(I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department
of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an
open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because
it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

The FBI and DOJ were reluctant to say Trump was not personally under investigation because they believed it to be possible that he would be later.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Not with this Congress.

Edit: Beaten

Teggy

If there was a pee tape why would trump want Comey to go looking for it? What if he found it? This is the one thing that while would be amazing, just isn't adding up for me.

The thing is that they don't need to do underhanded things. Just play politics. Sling some mud. Get nasty, but with the truth. Republicans have been nothing but pure evil over these past few years. Use that against them. Be real. Stop acting like you are "above it all." The "we go high" mantra? Enough. All it does is make you appear like you are disconnected.

Watching Ossoff last night was frustrating. He was so calm and collected he was the exact caricature of the "academic elite" that republicans are always slamming. It's frustrating. We need more Bidens and Kanders--people who are real, aren't afraid to talk back, yell, get angry.

I get why you are nervous about Ossof's performance, but honestly I think calm and collected is going to play very well to suburban voters.

Ana Navarro @ananavarro
·
21m

In new poll, 34% of Americans approve of Donald Trump. For comparisons sake, 51% of American like brussel sprouts.

If we have to have Republicans, can we have more like Ana?

For reference, Ana was Jeb Bush's campaign manager. Like if there was anyone in the Republican Party that was actually pushing to moderate the party it was her.

Blader

Don't expect people like this to flip until the reality of them having no healthcare is impossible for them to ignore. Right now it is all still just a possibility in their minds. But in 2018 when their premium explode or get a letter in the mail saying their coverage is gone, that is went you will see a shift.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about our 2018 prospects in general, but I just don't see any meaningful change ever coming from Republican voters in deep-red districts/states, even if their lives are falling apart because their healthcare has been completely destroyed. Party identity is just too fucking powerful on the right.

Our previous assumption that the ACHA was dead were based on McConnell being a reasonable human being and not knowingly tanking the GOP's future. He's clearly stopped giving a fuck, so all bets are off.
"I'll show you trickle-down economics!"
You need to trademark this for the inevitable Brazzers parody of the tape.
If public opinion is swayed, the members of Congress will change their tune. This being blasted on major networks may be the tipping point.
That's never once swayed the GOP before, and it won't magically start now.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There are many solid cases for impeachment of Trump.

It's not a question of making a solid case it's a question of making a case so damning and undeniable that even the Republicans would go along with it.

Not with a Republican Congress, it isn't.

He would have to dig up and then pee upon the corpse of Ronald Reagan.

Not with this Congress.

Edit: Beaten

If public opinion is swayed, the members of Congress will change their tune. This being blasted on major networks may be the tipping point.

I get why you are nervous about Ossof's performance, but honestly I think calm and collected is going to play very well to suburban voters.

Most of the attacks have been he is crazy liberal like Pelosi and just a kid. His demeanor played against that, looking calm and mature compared to Handel.

Kansas’ collapsed tax-cut plan will provide political fodder for Democrats for decades

From the moment he said it, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback (R) took heat for calling his push to drastically cut taxes in his state a “real live experiment.” As a general rule, people like to have their experiments conducted in laboratories with safe controls, not on state finances that affect health care and education.

But Brownback was right. It was an experiment. And on Tuesday night, the Republican legislature in the state deemed it a failure, voting to override Brownback’s veto and increase income taxes cut under the 2012 bill.

I mean, Democrats have by and large been saying this for decades. But now we have an actual test tube example of it absolutely being a horrific failure.

I feel like nothing will come out of this Comey thing. Smoke and mirrors and the narrative that will come out will be that Trump is not an experienced politician, mistakes were made but nothing was malicious or viewed as treason. same as Hillary.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

Comey Statement said:
March 30 Phone Call
On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He
described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act
on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been
involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded
when in Russia.
He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that
we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be
great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He
agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him.

There is totally a piss tape isn't there? lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom