• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Hannity's writers putting in that work with the spin.

Comey could have committed a felony by not telling anyone about obstruction of justice.

Trump 100% totally shut the entire investigation down vindicated.

Etc etc etc

Sobriquet

RNC emailing out talking points:

DBxAA_gXUAAebdW.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/872642818589822981

and some suggested tweets:

https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/872642776441245699

Holmes

Sounds like those are just talking points for soft Republican supporters who might see or hear them and think it's ok to support Trump again. Seems like the GOP is planning on sweeping this under the rug and moving on.

Sobriquet

Sounds like those are just talking points for soft Republican supporters who might see or hear them and think it's ok to support Trump again. Seems like the GOP is planning on sweeping this under the rug and moving on.

They're intended for supporters to use on social media. Videos and Jifs are included.

Slacker

Saw this exchange and I swear I thought to myself, "Man, this Nomki person is disconnected from reality enough to be on The Young Turks," then I checked her bio. Well played, me.

YKjJNl5.jpg

Stolen from OT:

One of Farage's toadies arrested on money laundering charges after attending last year's RNC...

Has worked with federal authorities...

The Comey business will provide the bread and circuses, but other parts of this investigation continue to move quietly. This arrest might be related to (1) the raid on that Annapolis political strategist last month and (2) the suspected RICO case against Trump and co./GOP leadership.

Uhhh this seems potentially huge. What info is worth a 96% reduction from a 20 year max

Isn't Corbyn anti-NATO and a boon for Russia like Trump but from the left?

Kinda sorta not really.

If you believe that portentous Russian geo-strategy book, Russia wants to separate the UK from Europe and thereby weaken both parties. Corbyn, though supportive of Brexit, has expressed willingness to negotiate with the EU and maintain favorable relations.

kirblar

After the referendum and this election, I can't blame anyone who gets the f out of there.

The damage is already done w/ Brexit - no one has the spine to stop it and this is what two "bad" options look like.

(to make an analogy - I would treat it like a red state)

he's definitely not very pro-NATO but luckily he comes with the benefit of not having a massive hard on for bombing brown people like all of our politicians not named Chris Murphy. I think the official Labour stance is still pro-NATO so I wouldn't worry about it anyways.

Neither of you going for the Russian angle?
you just beat me to the easy rebuttal!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
After the referendum and this election, I can't blame anyone who gets the f out of there.

The damage is already done w/ Brexit - no one has the spine to stop it and this is what two "bad" options look like.

(to make an analogy - I would treat it like a red state)

I'm still amazed by that. It was a non-binding referendum, that was pretty close in votes.
Plus it was based on things were not true.

broz0rs

Gianforte wrote a solid letter of apology. He made no excuse whatsoever and placed all responsibility on himself, quite rare for a politician in this day and age.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gianforte wrote a solid letter of apology. He made no excuse whatsoever and placed all responsibility on himself, quite rare for a politician in this day and age.

Yea, after he won the election and his people attacked the reporter and fundraised off the indecent. Had he called a press conference and read that letter aloud the day after I'd have been impressed. He apologized as soon as it was politically advantageous to.

Did anyone bring up that Trump hit 34% approval? Another new low.

http://time.com/4809479/donald-trump-approval-ratings-low-quinnipiac-poll/
The poll found that 31% of voters think Trump did something illegal in his relationship with Russia, while 29% say that the president did something unethical, not illegal. About 32% of voters think Trump did nothing wrong. A majority of voters see Trump's general relationship with Russia as concerning — 68% said they are "very concerned" or "somewhat concerned," while 54% said he is too friendly with the country.

68% of voters being concerned about Trump's relationship is good. Would've expected more people to expect illegal activity at this point.

aTTckr

The one thing I always wondered would anyone here have voted for Gianforte, if it was Quist who had body-slammed a Breitbart reporter one day before the election, fully knowing that a vote for Gianforte is a vote for millions of people losing their health insurance? I think that is pretty hard choice, if you truly believe that Republican policies end up helping more people than Democrats'. So I never really understood completely condemning Republican voters who still voted for Gianforte despite the incident.

KingK

68% of voters being concerned about Trump's relationship is good. Would've expected more people to expect illegal activity at this point.
Those are some pretty encouraging numbers actually. Much better than I expected. His approval among Republicans is still way, way too high to get my hopes up though. I'd also like to see how many of those "concerned" would still vote Trump/ republican anyway, because reasons and "democrats are still worse."

tbm24

One of the ads against Comey, at least to me, is trying to imply that Comey and in turn the FBI was negligent against Terrorism by not saying radical Islamic terrorism. I know this is just partisan bullshit but how does this narrative even stick? How does anyone believe that calling terrorism by something else will suddenly make a difference. It's always bothered me but this ad takes it to another level for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom