• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the ads against Comey, at least to me, is trying to imply that Comey and in turn the FBI was negligent against Terrorism by not saying radical Islamic terrorism. I know this is just partisan bullshit but how does this narrative even stick? How does anyone believe that calling terrorism by something else will suddenly make a difference. It's always bothered me but this ad takes it to another level for me.
Racism. No serious security expert believes that calling it "radical Islamic terrorism" helps. In fact the consensus is that it probably hurts. The insistence on using the phrase from the right is down 100% to islamaphobia and wanting to paint the party that killed bin Laden as weak on terror.

Watching this is going to be frustrating because the GOP senators will keep trying to slip up Comey, and will probably bring up her emails a few times for no reason at all.

Ernest

Banned
To the surprise of no one (who's been paying attention), Trump doesn't have have an actual plan for a goddamn thing.

...this administration’s approach to public policy. A high-profile announcement, coupled with an ambitious promise, subsumed by an unrelated, self-inflicted public-relations crisis, followed by … nothing.

The secret of the Trump infrastructure plan is: There is no infrastructure plan. Just like there is no White House tax plan. Just like there was no White House health care plan. More than 120 days into Trump’s term in a unified Republican government, Trump’s policy accomplishments have been more in the subtraction category (e.g., stripping away environmental regulations) than addition. The president has signed no major legislation and left significant portions of federal agencies unstaffed, as U.S. courts have blocked what would be his most significant policy achievement, the legally dubious immigration ban.

The simplest summary of White House economic policy to date is four words long: There is no policy.

Way to go Trump supporters, you've been swindled by the laziest fat fuck there is.

To the surprise of no one (who's been paying attention), Trump doesn't have have an actual plan for a goddamn thing.

Way to go Trump supporters, you've been swindled by the laziest fat fuck there is.

1) Nobody who would be an architech of these types plans wants to work with this admin

2) Those that are capable and already there probably don't want to be associated with this admin

3) Man Baby at the helm doesn't give a shit about details

4)sigh

Sianos

One of the ads against Comey, at least to me, is trying to imply that Comey and in turn the FBI was negligent against Terrorism by not saying radical Islamic terrorism. I know this is just partisan bullshit but how does this narrative even stick? How does anyone believe that calling terrorism by something else will suddenly make a difference. It's always bothered me but this ad takes it to another level for me.
Do note that they get VERY upset when you dare to invoke the phrase "white "nationalist terrorists", "white supremacist terrorists", or even "Nazis". The right wing knows about the effects of connotative associations, but chooses very selectively when to acknowledge it.

It's a bit frustrating seeing people assume today that unless Trump is impeached it's a huge disappointment and a big nothingburger.

Like this is a big picture thing - Yates testimony didn't sink Trump, but it helped move us towards getting a special investigator. Comey's testimony isn't going to sink Trump, and it's almost certainly going to be vague on details that he's probably talked to Mueller about, but everything is slowly and steadily moving along.

It's a bit frustrating seeing people assume today Trump will either be impeached unless it's a huge disappointment and a big nothingburger.

Like this is a big picture thing - Yates testimony didn't sink Trump, but it helped move us towards getting a special investigator. Comey's testimony isn't going to sink Trump, and it's almost certainly going to be vague on details that he's probably talked to Mueller about, but everything is slowly and steadily moving along.

You see it with the recent special elections as well. There's no nuance. Either it's a big win, or a crushing loss, there's no middle ground and no room for different interpretations of the same event.

It's a bit frustrating seeing people assume today that unless Trump is impeached it's a huge disappointment and a big nothingburger.

I think this is because people have become emotionally invested in this. They want to see immediate results. I'd like to think that once they are able to step back they can see things moving. It might not be what they want to see, but things are happening. After all Rome wasn't build in a day, nor did it take a day for it to fall.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Right. As historians keep saying: Look at the timeline of Watergate. We're not even close at this point.

Gruco

Banned
Watch Comey justify his decision without once referencing the DOJ chain of command or Sally Yates.

Comey calls Trump a liar count: 2

Vimes

I had measured expectations after the Yates/Clapper hearing, as important as that was. This has way more sparks already.

Teggy

"Sources" are saying Trump didn't ask for loyalty. Based on Comey's answers around whether he was asked to stop the investigation, I can already see the spin coming out of this is going to be dizzying.

Vimes

GOP hacks trying to throw up a smoke screen coming off as manic and jittery, and Comey is just handling them like an ace.

If I could take classes to be half as smooth as him, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Posted this in the OT thread, but I am just stunned that the least focused on thing here is that the IC confirms Russia blatantly interfered in the election.

That's an act of war.

Wilsongt

The Fox spin today will focus on Comey stating Trump wasn't under investigation, Comey calling himself a coward, and them talking about why he continued to have contact with Trump after he said he didn't want to ve along with him.

wutwutwut

Posted this in the OT thread, but I am just stunned that the least focused on thing here is that the IC confirms Russia blatantly interfered in the election.

That's an act of war.
Wasn't Russian interference confirmed a while ago? Or did something stronger come out today?

The Fox spin today will focus on Comey stating Trump wasn't under investigation, Comey calling himself a coward, and them talking about why he continued to have contact with Trump after he said he didn't want to ve along with him.

Fox can spin all the want, this thing is huge and will continue to choke out Trump's presidency, his poll numbers and policy proposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom