• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wasn't Russian interference confirmed a while ago? Or did something stronger come out today?

It was, but it still didn't get anywhere near the attention it should.

Hindl

What happened? Actually asking, watching in the background and eyeing twitter.

This isn't going to end with Trump being led away in handcuffs. This is going to be a slow burn so not much will happen in the next few months regardless of what happens here. But Comey has straight up, no doubt called Trump a liar, confirmed the Steele Dossier is under active investigation, and confirmed that he believed Trump was coercing him into dropping the Flynn investigation. Now people may say "well we already knew all that". But this is sworn testimony under oath and is now a part of the public record. The former head of the FBI said he didn't feel safe being alone with the President and considered him a liar

Fuck. Comey just called the Clinton investigation criminal. The Berniecrats and right wing are going to latch onto that HARD.

At this point worrying about what the rightwing media are going to say is like worrying about whether or not the Republicans were going to use the nuclear option - they're going to be shit either way, there's no point in worrying about it.

Wilsongt

I'm at work so I haven't been able to follow, what's being said about Loretta Lunch that's so bad?

She asked Comey to call the investigation into the ILLEGAL EMAIL SERVER a "matter" instead of an investigation. Also, that her meeting will Bill on the tarmac is what lead Comey to make his statement back in October, I think.

I'm at work so I haven't been able to follow, what's being said about Loretta Lunch that's so bad?

She told Comey to refer to the e-mails investigation--which he stated was a criminal investigation--as a "matter", which to him sounded like Clinton campaign language.

I was being glib before but definitely a bad look for Lynch.

Ernest

Banned
I have a couple of questions...

First, when will (if ever), Republicans be as concerned about Russian interference in our election as they were about Hillary's emails?

Secondly, when they defend Trump, what exactly are they defending? Do they believe he is a good (or even a competent) president? Are they attempting to protect his vast [sarcasm] legislative agenda? How incompetent, even stupid, must this man be before Republicans cut their losses and consider Plan B (not covered under their insurance)?

Or are they just scared that if he resigns and/or is impeached, it would be their death knell as well?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mr. Cornyn: Wouldn't it have been good [for Republicans] if a second investigation were opened into Hillary's emails even though you had concluded there was no case?

First, when will (if ever), Republicans be as concerned about Russian interference in our election as they were about Hillary's emails?

Secondly, when they defend Trump, what exactly are they defending? Do they believe he is a good (or even a competent) president? Are they attempting to protect his vast [sarcasm] legislative agenda? How incompetent, even stupid, must this man be before Republicans cut their losses and consider Plan B (not covered under their insurance)?

Or are they just scared that if he resigns and/or is impeached, it would be their death knell as well?

You can bet your ass they would be concerned if even a single Democrat were the ones accused of collusion.

And they don't care if he's literally a pile of horse shit. He's a Republican pile of horse shit.

Why on earth would they be concerned? They're fascists. Democracy is an impediment to Republican goals, not a cherished institution.

I guess that they'd be concerned if it looked like Russia was interfering AGAINST them, but not before that.

Even though it's embarrassing we are talking about the email investigation here it's nice to confirm what I had suspected al along that Comey went public with it because he believed Lynch was compromised by the meeting with Bill. He may have not said anything in public had that not happened.

Thanks Bill. You fucking dumbass. That's two elections I count now his fuckery has cost us.

Even though it's embarrassing we are talking about the email investigation here it's nice to confirm what I had suspected al along that Comey went public with it because he believed Lynch was compromised by the meeting with Bill. He may have not said anything in public had that not happened.

Thanks Bill. You fucking dumbass. That's two elections I count now his fuckery has cost us.
That's the third reason Comey has given for that. I like the guy in his role as a club to smack Trump over the head with, but he fucked up the Hillary all by his lonesome.

I got sad watching the emails come up again. Hillary Clinton is one of the most religious people in politics in a good way and she'll probably have to worry about the sanctity of her grave site. These people will never stop harassing her.

But this hearing was great. The headlines are brutal and with all the discord among the right wing media institutions, the spin isn't coming through like they'd want.

Alot of these R's are complicit.

The tried and true R's that used to put country first are falling asleep (mccain).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom