• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

France % of GDP spending of Military was 2.1% in 2015. That puts them in the top of Military spending in Europe. So I totally get the argument of not wanting to put more money into it. Much like the United States (at 3.3%) redirecting funds to meet the changing world is a must regardless.

If the Russia stuff weren't going on I would agree, but the Russia stuff going on in combination with Trump's refusal to be truly pro-NATO be has kinda been the wake-up call for a lot of Europe that they can't be lax about their military spending.

That's why Macron and Merkel want to increase military spending. Because they know that they need to have more defenses that are ready for when Russia is at their doorstep.

No that's good. I was more just responding to Max's complaints about Macron being in favor of increased military spending.

kirblar

What's your view on it? I think it's more effective to tax capital gains and people.
Corporate taxes tends to create a race to the bottom, so why play the game?
Just go straight to the proverbial end, and tax situations where race to bottom does not apply as much. (it also encourages creating environments where people want to live).
Yup, I agree w/ it. Corporations are not people. They are shells used to organize people. Not their own individual entity. Going after their individuals is a good thing because at the end of the day, that's who's actually putting in work. Capital gains taxation needs massive reform, because the ability to make money off capital gains vs personal labor is so massively skewed in favor of the former.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If the Russia stuff weren't going on I would agree, but the Russia stuff going on in combination with Trump's refusal to be truly pro-NATO be has kinda been the wake-up call for a lot of Europe that they can't be lax about their military spending.

That's why Macron and Merkel want to increase military spending. Because they know that they need to have more defenses that are ready for when Russia is at their doorstep.

No that's good. I was more just responding to Max's complaints about Macron being in favor of increased military spending.

Yeah, I see your point. Putting that money into a "EU Defense Fund" is one method of dealing with it. I don't know enough to say if it's the best.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This guy isn't very bright, is he:

DCENsUzXUAAUzhg.jpg:large

Further he's giving them bad advice that only benefits his client. That's likely misconduct. If the individuals lawyer up it looks bad for trump.

That's all he cares about. Nobody should take advice from this guy because one, he's demonstrably stupid and two, he's incented to have you make counterintuitive decisions.

Wilsongt

Imagine if feinstein's investigation of Lynch ends up with the Clinton's in jail.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Comey sure does feel queasy a lot.

Also there're is a big difference between asking someone to soften language in a public setting (since they normally wouldn't even be discussed in that setting) and asking someone to outright stop an investigation

Further he's giving them bad advice that only benefits his client. That's likely misconduct. If the individuals lawyer up it looks bad for trump.

That's all he cares about. Nobody should take advice from this guy because one, he's demonstrably stupid and two, he's incented to have you make counterintuitive decisions.
Never take free advice from someone else's lawyer, especially if it's your employer's! Sheesh

Wilsongt

Comey sure does feel queasy a lot.

Also there're is a big difference between asking someone to soften language in a public setting (since they normally wouldn't even be discussed in that setting) and asking someone to outright stop an investigation

Never take free advice from someone else's lawyer, especially if it's your employer's! Sheesh

Feinstein felt queasy.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Comey sure does feel queasy a lot. Also there're is a big difference between asking someone to soften language in a public setting (since they normally wouldn't even be discussed in that setting) and asking someone to outright stop an investigation

Yeah, it's stupid to do and unethical, but probably not illegal.
I wonder if it's what caused Comey to have that speech about how careless Clinton was.
Honestly, it's probably a bigger deal than the email server, which was the biggest nothing I've ever seen get that much attention. On the other hand, this probably won't get that much attention for various reasons.

GrapeApes

Don't even know why dude would try to pull this shit. Everything that happens in the White House ends up in the papers. Imagine you one of the aides finding out through Twitter that Trump's lawyer is giving you shit advice.

Wilsongt

Yeah, it's stupid to do and unethical, but probably not illegal.
I wonder if it's what caused Comey to have that speech about how careless Clinton was.
Honestly, it's probably a bigger deal than the email server, which was the biggest nothing I've ever seen get that much attention. On the other hand, this probably won't get that much attention for various reasons.

Benghazi was the biggest nothing in history given the amount of embassy bombings that occured during Bush's era.

Something something low voter turnout something something is this really what they want as a county?

I mean, I think a lot of people there don't see any reason to vote as it's not going to change anything. Neither of our parties have shown much interest in making it a state if given the chance.

Suikoguy

I mean that link I quoted was about a Bernie person winning?

This race was apparently so inconsequential that Sanders did not even give an endorsement. Unless I just can't find it, and I did several types of searches.

Maybe Sanders just needs to keep his mouth shut? Endorsement being the kiss of death...

Sanders will of course try to take credit. Maybe i'll be surprised.

This race was apparently so inconsequential that Sanders did not even give an endorsement. Unless I just can't find it, and I did several types of searches.

Maybe Sanders just needs to keep his mouth shut? Endorsement being the kiss of death...

Sanders will of course try to take credit. Maybe i'll be surprised.
Courage is an Our Revolution endorsed candidate.

Suikoguy

Courage is an Our Revolution endorsed candidate.

OK?

Sanders still did not endorse the race, like he did with Quist where he went all in, and the canidate only advanced the same amount as expected with nationwide trends.
That fuck head Weaver did. Honestly, i'd be concerned by anything endorsed by Weaver.

Edit: This may sound like i'm trying to take away the win. That's not my primary intention. More that, why does this mater, when they have more losses than wins? Especially when this is being hailed as a example of why latching on to Bernie is a good idea. It's a CITY COUNCIL seat in a Dem wave.

DC needs a constitutional amendment :(

We should have cities in New York and California (that have a similar partisan lean to the rest of the state) secede and become their own states.

Wouldn't it be easy to just make everything surrounding DC be its own state, but that little block where all the government buildings be the actual capitol?

So District of Columbia would be the state, where all the people live, and just have the capital be called "The Capitol" or whatever and have literally just the white house and the capitol building there

The state of DC would literally be the bluest state in the entire country, probably in the entire history of our country. It's like 97% Democrat.

Also if NYC left NY, NYS would become a swing state. Rochester, Buffalo, Albany and Syracuse aren't really enough to keep it hard blue.

Wouldn't it be easy to just make everything surrounding DC be its own state, but that little block where all the government buildings be the actual capitol?

So District of Columbia would be the state, where all the people live, and just have the capital be called "The Capitol" or whatever and have literally just the white house and the capitol building there

The state of DC would literally be the bluest state in the entire country, probably in the entire history of our country. It's like 97% Democrat.

Also if NYC left NY, NYS would become a swing state. Rochester, Buffalo, Albany and Syracuse aren't really enough to keep it hard blue.
True, though it would have significantly less electoral votes.

Suikoguy

omg xbonx had a trump-at-rnc-like debut

Has it gotten to Four Hundred and Ninety Nine US Dollars yet?
Edit: You can tell i'm REALLY following E3 Closely this year.
Edit 2: Looks like it did. I'll have to go see the crow eating since everybody jumped down Patcher's throat.

True, though it would have significantly less electoral votes.

n1XYEEm.png

Literally just make the building and the Supreme Court the Capitol, and leave everything else (including the White House) as part of the state of DC. There's no requirement that the president has to live or operate in the capitol. I don't even think the SC needs to be. Just the building itself could be the capitol, and everything around it be the state.

Wilsongt

Louise Graham with that Trump support/shade.

The idea that President Donald Trump conspired with Russian interests to manipulate the 2016 election is ludicrous, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Sunday, simply because Trump has proven incapable of working smoothly even with his own team.

“He doesn’t believe he did anything wrong with the Russians and I tend to believe him,” Graham said on CBS’ Face the Nation. “He can’t collude with his own government. Why do you think he is colluding with the Russians?”

When you want to make sure people know you support a mornic despot, but you want to also point out he is incompetent.

I'm just not feeling the E3 hype this year. Whether it was a string of Trump oppo droppos, the Comeypalooza, or the fact there is nothing really in the lineup I'm going crazy about.

Suikoguy

Literally just make the building and the Supreme Court the Capitol, and leave everything else (including the White House) as part of the state of DC. There's no requirement that the president has to live or operate in the capitol. I don't even think the SC needs to be. Just the building itself could be the capitol, and everything around it be the state.

The other option is to basically take the green area and make it the capital. Although, Arlington should probably be included and that would complicate matters.

I'm just not feeling the E3 hype this year. Whether it was a string of Trump oppo droppos, the Comeypalooza, or the fact there is nothing really in the lineup I'm going crazy about.

Yeah, I said something similar a few pages ago. It just seems so small compared to the shit-storm going on.
Things are not business as usual (I think that's the best way I can put it).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Alt-Right Meme Lord gets strangled by real Nazis.

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/874019528925171712

I'm not really clear on why these idiots are fighting with each other.

I blame companies like EA and Microsoft having their conferences COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER compared to how it's usually done.

PKrockin

I'm not really clear on why these idiots are fighting with each other.

I blame companies like EA and Microsoft having their conferences COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER compared to how it's usually done.
???

Last year it was

EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Ubisoft
Sony
Nintendo

This year it's

EA
Microsoft
Bethesda
Devolver Digital
PC gaming show
Ubisoft
Sony
Nintendo

The order is almost the same.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
???

Last year it was

EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Ubisoft
Sony
Nintendo

This year it's

EA
Microsoft
Bethesda
Devolver Digital
PC gaming show
Ubisoft
Sony
Nintendo

The order is almost the same.

Dunno about EA, but MS had theirs on Monday, which has always been the case up until now.

Sianos

that one cyberpunk game with the pretty pixels is being made by a gamergater

sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom