• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just not feeling the E3 hype this year. Whether it was a string of Trump oppo droppos, the Comeypalooza, or the fact there is nothing really in the lineup I'm going crazy about.

If only I still had the tiniest spark of hope of any of a new valve game with a number 3 on the end of it. Or even anything new from valve that isn't new items for their current games.

Makai

I have faith that Sony will appease me tomorrow.

Then Nintendo will ruin it by closing e3 with Wii U ports and some more footage of New Donk

Sianos

DCFGwK9UIAES2nr.jpg

DCFH_VmVYAANdlN.jpg

DCFH_VQU0AA3vPL.jpg

DCFMMkmUwAAFhrC.jpg

Kind of casts his posturing from the Idlethumbs thread that "the last night stars a bisexual protagonist" in a new light, huh.

Ogodei

Didn't get deep into PoliGAF until late last year, so it's amusing to be reminded that we're still gamers here.

Trouble is Microsoft didn't make Xbox One X look particularly more compelling than PS4 Pro. They needed a ground-up experience optimized for X1X front and center.

Didn't stop Anthem from looking cool.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Interesting article on the make up of Macron's "En Marche" Party

Lots of neophytes but also lots of women, young people and minorities. I'm interested in seeing how things work out - big change is coming to France and I hope it all goes well :)

Yeah, I hope things go well for France. Going to be interesting to see what Macron prioritizes first, and what level of finesse he will have to pull off his agenda.

If only I still had the tiniest spark of hope of any of a new valve game with a number 3 on the end of it. Or even anything new from valve that isn't new items for their current games.

I forgot Valve was still privately owned, no other way for them to have years of employees working on games that never get released.

Kind of casts his posturing from the Idlethumbs thread that "the last night stars a bisexual protagonist" in a new light, huh.

I wonder if Microsoft has any idea what they are getting into...

Makai

You're going to get the new Retro IP and you're going to like it.
They're going to announce that Retro Studios is now defunct, but because Nintendo loves its fans, here's some footage of the open-world Metroid game w/ Metroidvania elements intact that they were working on!

Diablos

Didn't get deep into PoliGAF until late last year, so it's amusing to be reminded that we're still gamers here.

Trouble is Microsoft didn't make Xbox One X look particularly more compelling than PS4 Pro. They needed a ground-up experience optimized for X1X front and center.

Didn't stop Anthem from looking cool.
I'm a Sony fanboy but the X1X is really impressive tech even when compared to PS4 Pro.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My take on the Microsoft conference is that if I already owned an Xbox One I'd be happy with the support its receiving, but there was barely anything in there to convince me to jump into the ecosystem if I wasn't already

Also the car on stage was awesomely dumb

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Since I didn't buy a Wii U I would be pretty happy with Smash 4 Deluxe and some other Wii U ports, haha.

As a Wii U owner, I could go for a Mario Maker port if only for the new wave of people getting into it. I could also use an excuse to play Bayonetta 2 again, that game was increadible.

Ogodei

I'm a Sony fanboy but the X1X is really impressive tech even when compared to PS4 Pro.

Right, but did they really sell the value proposition?

I would find PS4 Pro iffy too, but i get the appeal, but Scorpio takes it so much further but, because of the higher price point, needs to sell it all the harder too.

TLDR: i'd like to see exclusive content.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, just reliagating the primary again and holding up the white working class as the only ones that matter
That was my take away from the election. That < 40,000 wwc voters in 3 states mattered more than everyone else. :/&#9785;&#65039;

Guys, you're forgetting the biggest bombshell of E3.

I heard an inside tip that Mario and the Minions Rabbids are teaming up in a new game! You heard it here first.

Diablos

Right, but did they really sell the value proposition?

I would find PS4 Pro iffy too, but i get the appeal, but Scorpio takes it so much further but, because of the higher price point, needs to sell it all the harder too.

TLDR: i'd like to see exclusive content.
No not really. They need more games to justify the price. But I think once you see 4K 60fps multiplat games running at the highest detail settings and maybe even further optimized for X1X people may start to see the value. Still a tough sell.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
No not really. They need more games to justify the price. But I think once you see 4K 60fps multiplat games running at the highest detail settings and maybe even further optimized for X1X people may start to see the value. Still a tough sell.

Stop with this both sides bullshit!

;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I actually think Puerto Rico will be admitted into the Union, so Trump can claim responsibility. They can play it up in the media super well. "Look how great I am doing, 97% of voters wanted to join!"

Makai

I still remember Reggie, "oh, and one more thing."

oh shit they saved the megaton for last

Code:
   *         '       *       .  *   '     .           * *
                                                               '
       *                *'          *          *        '
   .           *               |               /
               '.         |    |      '       |   '     *
                 \*        \   \             /
       '          \     '* |    |  *        |*                *  *
            *      `.       \   |     *     /    *      '
  .                  \      |   \          /               *
     *'  *     '      \      \   '.       |
        -._            `                  /         *
  ' '      ``._   *                           '          .      '
   *           *\*          * .   .      *
*  '        *    `-._                       .         _..:='        *
             .  '      *       *    *   .       _.:--'
          *           .     .     *         .-'         *
   .               '             . '   *           *         .
  *       ___.-=--..-._     *                '               '
                *        _.'  .'       `.        '  *             *
     *              *_.-'   .'            `.               *
                   .'                       `._             *  '
   '       '                        .       .  `.     .
       .                      *                  `
               *        '             '                          .
     .                          *        .           *  *
             *        .                                    '

The GOP admitting PR as a state would actually likely be a good political move for them in the short term, because the rush of goodwill from the GOP towards the new state would likely lead to at least a few terms of GOP senators and congressmen.

I actually think Puerto Rico will be admitted into the Union, so Trump can claim responsibility. They can play it up in the media super well. "Look how great I am doing, 97% of voters wanted to join!"

The idea that the current GOP would ever consider doing this is farcical tbh. They are all in on their own perceived brand of realpolitik and would not consider adding a state that could cost them the Senate.

Maybe in an alternate reality where Jeb Bush was President...

Zolo

I don't know about Congress, but Trump would likely do it because it'd actually be something as a legacy for his presidency.

Edit: Actually, that could be interesting. Reporters should ask him if he'd want Puerto Rico as a state, and if he says yes, see what Congress does.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Trump would just say "Right now, no, I don't think it's the right time, we have a lot of things to do to fix this country, so we have to sort things out before we considering adding any state, whether it's Puerto Rico or another."

Wilsongt

I don't know about Congress, but Trump would likely do it because it'd actually be something as a legacy for his presidency.

Edit: Actually, that could be interesting. Reporters should ask him if he'd want Puerto Rico as a state, and if he says yes, see what Congress does.

Just say "Obama didn't add PR as a state"

Makai

What does that society even look like...if it's just 1984 or Brave New World, then whatever I guess. Or is he going to run into a series of characters that each represent a different moral decay...sounds like Vivian James is going to be a love interest.

Also, I can't believe how good that game looks despite mixing gritty Unreal Engine 3D and blocky sprites.

Hey at least cars still exist in that game, God forbid such a terrible timeline comes to pass.

I do think banning cars is probably a smart move in the medium term but smart moves + culturally sensitive things like cars is a recipe for disaster

Suikoguy

And the other 92 federal prosecutors as well...on a Friday Afternoon...with no warning...and they weren't allowed to finish up their cases unlike the Reagan and Clinton examples...

That's something I was not aware of, fuck that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom