• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

OMG

But the thing he wants to show is on the opposite wall, above the fireplace, a new 60-plus-inch flat-screen television that he has cued up with clips from the day’s Senate hearing on Russia.
The President raises a remote and flicks on the screen, sorting through old recordings of cable news shows, until he comes to what he is after: a clip from the Senate hearing earlier in the day, as broadcast on Fox News. The first clip he shows is of South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham speaking to former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper. Graham asks if Clapper stands by his statement that he knows of no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Trump waits quietly, until Clapper admits that nothing has changed. Trump pantomimes a sort of victory.

“Yes. He was choking on that,” the President chortles. “Is there any record at all of collusion? He was the head of the whole thing. He said no. That’s a big statement.” Trump leaves unmentioned the fact that there is an ongoing FBI counter­intelligence investigation into possible collusion, which has not yet reached any conclusions. Nor does he note that Clapper, out of government for nearly four months, could not possibly know everything the FBI has learned, and likely would have not known all even when he was in office. Trump also leaves unmentioned that he had a meeting that day with his new Deputy Attorney General about firing Comey, the director of that investigation.
http://time.com/donald-trump-after-hours/

Guess I'm only one horrified that the Russians were allowed with their "photographic" equipment into the Oval Office.
If Hillary did it....
Intellectual Donald Trump invents economic terminology already invented.

He is like the human version of Apple.
Savage

gaugebozo

The Economist interview with Trump and Mnuchin: http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Donald Trump said:
I'm dealing with a man, I think I like him a lot. I think he likes me a lot. We were supposed to meet for ten minutes and they go to 40-person meetings, OK, in Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach. And the ten minutes turned out to be three hours, alone, the two of us.

This and the quote below have convinced me that Trump's foreign policy is essentially, "Do I like the leader of that country?"

Things will probably be pretty stable for the next few years.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just need the impeachments/resignations to happen so we can all get the president we need and deserve, JEB!

numble

How in the hell are they claiming they were tricked? Tricked then over who they actually were? Ridiculous.

They did not allow media to see the meeting except there was a Russian state media photographer that was inside. They are claiming they did not know it was Russian state media, I guess.

Grym

WH did not anticipate Trump/Lavrov/Kislyak photos would be posted by TASS, official said.

.....what did they think was going to happen to the photos? Put on a thumb drive and placed in a vault somewhere?

numble

.....what did they think was going to happen to the photos? Put on a thumb drive and placed in a vault somewhere?

There is an official White House photographer that is not affiliated with any media organization (CNN, Fox News, etc.).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Chances of Ossoff gliding to the state capitol next month now that Trump has gone even more psychopath?

It certainly doesn't hurt his chances. Every Trump fuckup inspires a little more dem voting and a little more repub apathy.

numble

Yeah. I've seen those sets of photos on occasion. So I assume they are released to media, no?

Well, there are some private photos that are just released many years later. I assume when it is with foreign officials both sides agree on the photos to use. But the issue here is there was not supposed to be any media and the photographer was actually a member of the media, so they could release them without telling the White House.

FyreWulff

Yeah. I've seen those sets of photos on occasion. So I assume they are released to media, no?

They (WH photog photos) officially are just released into the public in general, they're considered public domain since they're the work of a government employee working on behalf of the government.

Blader

That Nick Spencer blog post is incredible. I've always thought his comics were shit anyway. That there's a shit person behind them is at least consistent!

As far as Spicer being fired, I am really surprised he lasted this long. I expected him to blow out a long time ago.

He may be terrible at his job, but Trump prizes the ratings that Spicer gets, which is really the only reason he wasn't fired a long time ago.

Spicer is not good at his job, but I think doing the job any better is not really possible, either, given the Herculean effort required to make Trump's unhinged behavior look even a little like anything else.

Armaros

What the hell is the trick?

"Hello. I am the Russian ambassador."

"Oh no I have been tricked I guess."

'i want some of my fellow Russians to photograph the event' -Russians

'okay sure and we don't need any background checks for this -WH

*afterwards* 'WTF they were all Russian state people?!?!' -WH seeing the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom