• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call them out and shame them for putting their "I told you so" before the lives of thousands

I know I plan on it

Oh, that's what our increase was a few years ago. Last year it was 19% for whatever reason.

It's like going to war and constantly telling your fellow soldiers that they're all gonna die.

Granted that's a very real and likely possibility when going to war, but if you want to increase your chances of survival, you don't have it on your mind 24/7.

No, this happened because we focused too heavily on Russia.
It's not this. The media has had no fucking idea what to run with this past week with a Futurama-spec LeeRoy Jenkins added to the WH staff. There's way, way too much going on at once for any of it to get the actual coverage it deserves. How would the media even counter this health care vote? The bill's actual text came out at like 8pm today and is being voted on overnight, and this is after repeated votes failed in the past days. Freaking no one knows this is even happening. People wanted oppo today, but that would have been completely wasted effort, because, again, there's already way too much going on. It's all 100% negative to Trump, too, so it's not like oppo would change the tone against him, either.

It's horrifying to say that hope rests on Paul Ryan for the first time in his life actually keeping a promise. No reason he should feel obligated too, mind you. There are no consequences for him if he lied to the Senate. His caucus would gladly cheer him for it. What, is our Southern Belle senator going to find the situation "extremely troublesome"? Oh noes! And he'll rubber stamp every other Trump bill regardless, so why should Ryan give a shit? He won't.

It's not this. The media has had no fucking idea what to run with this past week with a Futurama-spec LeeRoy Jenkins added to the WH staff. There's way, way too much going on at once for any of it to get the actual coverage it deserves. How would the media even counter this health care vote? The bill's actual text came out at like 8pm today and is being voted on overnight, and this is after repeated votes failed in the past days. Freaking no one knows this is even happening. People wanted oppo today, but that would have been completely wasted effort, because, again, there's already way too much going on. It's all 100% negative to Trump, too, so it's not like oppo would change the tone against him, either.

It's horrifying to say that hope rests on Paul Ryan for the first time in his life actually keeping a promise. No reason he should feel obligated too, mind you. There are no consequences for him if he lied to the Senate. His caucus would gladly cheer him for it. What, is our Southern Belle senator going to find the situation "extremely troublesome"? Oh noes! And he'll rubber stamp every other Trump bill regardless, so why should Ryan give a shit? He won't.

I was mocking PBY. I agree with you completely. I should have added a /s to the post.

So while blue states pass laws limiting cost increases, mandating insurance, and ensuring a standard of quality, red states are going to sink into a bottomless pit of hopelessness, poverty and unhealthiness as their rural hospitals close and they are unable to afford insurance

This will likely continue to further the partisan divides between the states

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Duckworth proposing repealing the mandate and replacing with new minimum to sign up for a year.

It's crazy that Republicans can't try to do something with 60 votes. I am positive they could find something productive that they can own toward fixing obamacare that doesn't really increase the role of government and 8 democrats will go along with. It would probably be pretty insignificant overall, but would at least get them out of their current predicament to do something after all their promises without destroying the entire market in the process. They don't seem to want to even try that and I don't understand it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Vote in the midterms and give Democrats majorities in Congress.

Get your friends and family registered to vote, and registered to vote absentee.

FzIsnbl.png

If you live in a green or orange state, anyone can vote by mail just by filling out the proper form, most of the time online.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
MSNBC isnt even covering this.

One of the reasons Fox News is typically the leader in cable news. Yes, they're basically propaganda, but at least they act like real news by covering important issues like this, though with a bias.

MSNBC and CNN acts like a reality TV network at times thinking their audience too dumb to care about real issues, and Fox News never really does. Fox News can ignore a story that goes against their propaganda, but that's very distinct from ignoring a story because they think their audience is too stupid or uncaring.

MSNBC doesn't have the budget to pay even one staffer to stay up and cover stuff after TV coverage is over, apparently. America's new #1 news network, everyone! By reputation, not action, clearly. Even CNN figured this shit out a few hours ago and they're usually the slowest to react to anything.

Dierce

As awful as all this is, this is still a skinny bill

Yep, it's still 8 pages long. Hard to believe this is happening. Hard to understand what goes through someone's head when they celebrate millions of people losing access to healthcare. Is that person even a human being at that point?

Vixdean

Why is Schumer buying into their shit rhetoric that Obamacare wasn't a bipartisan proposal? Everything wrong with Obamacare is because it was a bipartisan proposal.

broz0rs

As awful as all this is, this is still a skinny bill

I think you may be right, it doesn't touch Medicaid and it doesn't eliminate pre-existing conditions but allows insurers to charge more. Still an awful bill to ram down the Senate in a few hours at this time of night.

I think you may be right, it doesn't touch Medicaid and it doesn't eliminate pre-existing conditions but allows insurers to charge more. Still an awful bill to ram down the Senate in a few hours at this time of night.

This is still shooting someone in the head, just not fucking the dead corpse after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom