• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headline Tomorrow: 43 million uninsured.

This is the dumbest way to get to a "conference"....and if they passed it in the House, God help people without high paying jobs with benefits.

Biggest loser under "skinny" repeal: middle class people who buy their own insurance without subsidies and would see big premium hikes.
So this punishes the exact demographic that they said were hurt by the ACA. Brilliant.

Doug Ducey‏Verified account
@dougducey

However, I agree with @SenJohnMcCain that the bill on the table clearly isn’t the right approach for Arizona. 2/4

Surprise me, McCain. I dare you.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
That tweet isn't what the CBO report means, though. They mean 20% higher than what ACA would have been.
Yes 20% *on top* of estimated ACA increases.
Edit: a bunch of insurers have been issuing two sets of premiums for next year, one status quo and one for projected repeal. They are almost all universally 15-25% higher.

Zyae

How about we don't let it go and we keep fighting and keep hoping until the ink dries on trump's desk

How about we do that instead.

When you give up, when you lose hope, you're admitting the GOP won control over you. Never let them do that.

dude theres nothing that we can do posting on a forum right this second. This is going to pass and we are fucked until hopefully 2020. And hopefully this leads to a disaster for the GOP next year.

Yes 20% *on top* of estimated ACA increases.
We just got word at work our premiums were increasing by 11%, so next year it'd be 31%?

My company can't afford that. No company can afford that.
dude theres nothing that we can do posting on a forum right this second. This is going to pass and we are fucked until hopefully 2020
You're letting the GOP win you over. They want you to feel hopeless. Don't let them win control over you and your emotions.

dude theres nothing that we can do posting on a forum right this second. This is going to pass and we are fucked until hopefully 2020

Disagree. This forum is what re-introduced me to active politics. I wouldn't be calling and writing to my congressmen locally or otherwise if it weren't for the encouragement here.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Me after catching up to this week in political news.

Tell me about it. I don't even really know what the deal is with this scaramucci guy is other than Spicer resigning over him and he apparently never stops doing bad things given the frequency of seeing his name.

There's so much to keep up on for healthcare alone to keep up on the fire at the whitehouse.

Zyae

We just got word at work our premiums were increasing by 11%, so next year it'd be 31%?

My company can't afford that. No company can afford that.

You're letting the GOP win you over. They want you to feel hopeless. Don't let them win control over you and your emotions.

They arent controlling me, face reality. This is most likely passing tonight, who knows what the house does. Reality is nothing will get better until 2018 at minimum.

Disagree. This forum is what re-introduced me to active politics. I wouldn't be calling and writing to my congressmen locally or otherwise if it weren't for the encouragement here.

sure but nothing you can do right now will matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom