• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they've really included language to persuade the Freedom Caucus, I guess we'll have to place our faith in the House's Moderate Darlings.

:(

Zyae

You cope with what life deals you. Moping around feeling sorry for yourself doesn't accomplish anything.

What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with moping. You are staring down reality in the face and acting like good feelings will do anything right at this instant. It doesnt matter if you feel good about this if it goes through.

We just got word at work our premiums were increasing by 11%, so next year it'd be 31%?

My company can't afford that. No company can afford that.

If it's compared to the ACA then I don't think that's what it means although the phrasing is deeply confusing. It might mean if your premiums were originally going up 11% under ACA then they'd go up about 13% under this.

I am 100% confident that Trump has no fucking idea what's in this bill, or any bill this week. Or the earlier GOP bills. Or the ACA. This'll just be a nebulous "win" with no specific thing to point to as objectively "good." Someone just told him "it's the repeal bill" and it's all he needed to hear.

Zolo

I am 100% confident that Trump has no fucking idea what's in this bill, or any bill this week. Or the earlier GOP bills. Or the ACA. This'll just be a nebulous "win" with no specific thing to point to as objectively "good." Someone just told him "it's the repeal bill" and it's all he needed to hear.

Hope he enjoys his already low popularity going down more.

Vixdean

Well, at least people on Medicaid and those receiving subsidies are safe for now. It's kinda ironic that the people getting screwed the most are those who whined for years about "others" getting benefits that they weren't because they made too much money. Enjoy your higher premiums!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Have people come up with any examples of a pre-Obama congress passing bills they secretly don't want to pass, on hopes that it'll be stopped somewhere down the line?

Republicans certainly have a lot of experience with this concept in the Obama era, and are apparently continuing this practice into the Trump era despite the very real fear of it somehow turning into law, but I don't remember this being a thing before Obama.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Watch him throw another Rose Garden party

I hope this radicalizes people farther to the left. I guess that's the only thing I can really take out of this mess. I don't want to go anywhere near the center, but I also live in a social media bubble of upset people who also hope more people get pushed to the left.

If the right is gonna play as far to the right as they can, then I want the left to go even farther, and the people in the middle to hate every moment of it.

Maengun1

I have that sickening, roiling, punched-in-the-gut feeling that I had at midnight on November 9th and on January 20th. Fuck this shit. I can't get sick if this passes.

Tubie

Can you even imagine him trying to read and understand any of it lol.

Blader

He doesn't even know how health insurance works. He thinks it's like a pension, where you start putting money into a fund when you're 20 and then live off it when you're 70.

Christopher Hayes @chrislhayes
The senator speaking right now represents 585,000 people. There are almost 1.5 million people in the Bronx.
10:41 PM · Jul 27, 2017

Its passing...

just let go

Honestly, the smug, self-gratifying satisfaction I'm sure some posters here who have constantly said this throughout these last few months is gonna be the second worst thing about this. You know, right next to the millions of people losing their health care.

The last thing people need right now is a bunch of smug elitists swarming the forums with posts like: "See?!? I told you! I told you!"

Tubie

Well, at least people on Medicaid and those receiving subsidies are safe for now. It's kinda ironic that the people getting screwed the most are those who whined for years about "others" getting benefits that they weren't because they made too much money. Enjoy your higher premiums!

Yep, it's kind of ironic.

The people that make too much for medicaid, but don't make enough to afford good insurance (or their work doesn't provide good alternatives), are the ones royally screwed here.

I wonder what the Trump voters in that category think about him after this.

Honestly, the smug, self-gratifying satisfaction I'm sure some posters here who have constantly said this throughout these last few months is gonna be the second worst thing about this. You know, right next to the millions of people losing their health care.

The last thing people need right now is a bunch of smug elitists swarming the forums with posts lile: "See?!? I told you! I told you!"

No, this happened because we focused too heavily on Russia.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We just got word at work our premiums were increasing by 11%, so next year it'd be 31%?

My company can't afford that. No company can afford that.

No--20% of that 11% would be additional, so the increase would be 13-14%.

The last thing people need right now is a bunch of smug elitists swarming the forums with posts lile: "See?!? I told you! I told you!"
Call them out and shame them for putting their "I told you so" before the lives of thousands

I know I plan on it
No--20% of that 11% would be additional, so the increase would be 13-14%.
Oh, that's what our increase was a few years ago. Last year it was 19% for whatever reason. It's still terrible, but it's not going to bankrupt my company

Speaking of Moderate Darlings, I wonder if passage of this bill would thwart Collins's rumored gubernatorial run. Her enlightened bipartisan shtick might not be sufficient to overcome the fallout from this bill.

I've known about Wyoming being a shithole since at least Matthew Shepard.

Nope, this happened because the GOP have the numbers, plain and simple. Every town hall was packed, and phones were dialed. Not much else the dems could do.

I agree. I was just trying to get PBY to like me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
$235 million less for Medicaid.

UberTag

They arent controlling me, face reality. This is most likely passing tonight, who knows what the house does.
I think we know EXACTLY what the House is going to do.

Paul-Ryan-Smirk-Cliff-Owen-AP-640x480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom