• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never speak ill of McCain again if he kills this.
I'm 110% ready to eat crow.

What happens if he's a nay but Murkowski goes aye? Does he get credit despite not actually killing it? Remember, it's his MTP vote is the only reason why any of this happened in the first place. Dammit Murkowski, don't give into Trump's threats. It justifies how he does things.
McCain is about to be public enemy #1 for a lot of people no matter how this goes
Reminder: He could have stayed home and prevented all of this!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why do ya'll do this to yourselves. Why anybody has any faith in John McCain at this point is beyond me.

Faith is a strong word.

This is VERY abnormal though, it's more likely than not he will be voting no now.

After leaning on thinking this was going to pass 30 minutes ago.

This was not in the cards for Turtle.

It should not align with the rules to keep a vote open this long after 100 votes. So much scumminess happening in this room in the middle of the night.

I agree, but I think the reason is that there's no way to stop the Majority Leader from just restarting the vote. You could make him submit a new bill, but then he'll just change a few words every time.

Sciz

I look away for twenty minutes to put on some soothing music and this shit happens. Honestly shocked that mob mentality isn't enough to brute force this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom