• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says they are starting with the BCRA (plus $100B for Medicaid).

That's not what that quoted block says. It says they're putting up the BCRA with the Cruz amendment (the extra 100B), letting it fail, and then rebuilding the bill via amendments.

The BCRA with no addition Medicaid funding is DOA, they wouldn't start with that. Also the BCRA isn't a "skinny repeal"

They're crowdsourcing the bill via amendments. Probably McConnell's solution to all the bitter senators who were left out of the process.

Loxley

If the day ever comes that Paul Ryan is no longer in office, I swear I'm going throw a goddamn parade. The man is so spineless when it comes to Trump it's fucking ridiculous.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If the day ever comes that Paul Ryan is no longer in office, I swear I'm going throw a goddamn parade. The man is so spineless when it comes to Trump it's fucking ridiculous.

I personally expect Paul Ryan to be President by this time next year. I believe Congress can Impeach multiple people simultaneously, so they can out both Trump and Pence to make sure they install someone who actually toes the party lines.

Rand Paul is now saying on Twitter that he's voting for MTP and that they'll be voting on just repealing the ACA entirely, as the BHCA couldn't pass 60 votes.

Wilsongt

I personally expect Paul Ryan to be President by this time next year. I believe Congress can Impeach multiple people simultaneously, so they can out both Trump and Pence to make sure they install someone who actually toes the party lines.

Our national book will move away from being the Bible to Atlas Shrugged and will be required reading for all teenagers.

Where are the moderate darlings Heller and Murkowski? Heller thinks he can hide his head in the sand and everything will blow over.

Too many conflicting messages, I can't keep up with it. Time to have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over.
Hopefully

giphy.gif

DFlsTMQWAAEAYO3.jpg

There's your list. Rand Paul is now a definite yes for the MTP. Moran has stated he would vote yes as well. They can't lose two more of the people on this list or the MTP fails.

So let me get this straight

Rand Paul wants to repeal the ACA, but provide no actual funding to make sure 20% of our economy doesn't collapse overnight? And this is the ONLY bill he will vote on. The one that causes an economy crisis, along with a healthcare crisis, with nothing to actually make sure that doesn't happen, or at least lessens it.

Okay, that sounds reasonable

kirblar

Rand wants the bill to fail.

He also wants to have a sungular vote on record he can point to.

But he s playing w fire here.

Rand Paul wants to repeal the ACA, but provide no actual funding to make sure 20% of our economy doesn't collapse overnight? And this is the ONLY bill he will vote on. The one that causes an economy crisis, along with a healthcare crisis, with nothing to actually make sure that doesn't happen, or at least lessens it.

Don't worry he'll end up voting for something.

So basically they want to play hot potato with it and throw it back to the House.
Pretty much what I said last night, yeah. They want to go into a conference committee with the House and try to hammer out a plan. Nevermind that a bulk of the Senate has already said the House version of the bill was untenable which is why they "started from scratch" on it.

Don't worry he'll end up voting for something.

He'll vote yes on the 2015 repeal bill. Guaranteed. He just wants to be on record as having voted for a full repeal and replace so he can keep his conservative/libertarian bonafides on the campaign trail...

Nah. He doesn't really want to repeal the ACA. He just wants to appear conservative. He's actually been pretty clever IMO.

There's no way this "skinny repeal" flies under reconciliation. Have they even scored this option?

At this point they just want to pass something so they can say they passed something. Utterly foolish.

Ted Cruz is going to go on record voting to maintain funding for abortions

Okay

There's no way this "skinny repeal" flies under reconciliation. Have they even scored this option?

According to the article, they have some sort of estimate. 15 million off insurance in 10 years, and a very shaky future for the entire industry. Not known if it's deficit neutral.

His political philosophy is insane, but he sticks to it. If 20% of the economy needs the government to succeed then it should all fail and collapse.

I don't really even understand here

They're going to make it Paul Ryan's problem again

He's going to just make the AHCA 2.0, since that's the only thing that can pass the House

It comes back to the McConnell again, but the same problems are still around and Paul, Collins, etc are nos.

It stutters in the senate, again

And... we're right back to square one?

If they just want to delay this thing forever, and move on, just do it, don't play ping pong with millions of people's healthcare like this.

Nah. He doesn't really want to repeal the ACA. He just wants to appear conservative. He's actually been pretty clever IMO.
But voting for MTP is just as politically explosive as voting for repeal. How will that play out locally? "I voted to start conversation on straight repeal but that doesnt mean I was going to vote for the repeal!" Its not gonna fly.

Explaining how Scaramucci plans to stop the leaking: "I'm going to fire everybody".

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/889862183156424704

Two things I have seen bandied about on twitter about this.

1. This leak hunt is more of a Chief of Staff thing than a Comms Director thing.

2. If you are concerned with leaks, the last thing you want to do is fire a bunch of people who have 6 months worth of ammo and now harbor a grudge.

It feels really anticlimatic that the end of medicaid as we know it, 25 million off insurance in 5 years and six months of work would end up as just crossing out a paragraph in the ACA that most people hated anyway.

I'm not even really sure to laugh at how embarrassing it is that this is what they promised for 7 years, or be relieved that the stakes have deflated down so much. 15 million off insurance in 10 years is still serious... but it's not 18 million off insurance by the end of the year.

Like the senate just collectively made a cartoon fart noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom