• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

It's gonna be fun when he's begging for Republican Senators' help just after firing one of their own that they went to bat for him on in order to get him into the administration. Good job buddy.

Effect

Nothing like firing a guy who, by all accounts, has done his job exactly as the Republican Party would have wanted him to. This isn't a James Comey thing, Republicans LIKE Sessions and think he's doing a good job.

That's why he wants him to quit. He knows firing Sessions is a negative and he doesn't want his hands dirty on that act. That's why he's bulling trying to get him to leave himself. If I were Sessions I would stay just to spite Trump. Make him dirty his hands with a firing and suffer the backlash.

JettDash

How do these people not know that if they pass a bill, Trump is going to throw them under the bus when it goes to shit?

That's why he wants him to quit. He knows firing Sessions is a negative and he doesn't want his hands dirt on that act. That's why he's bulling trying to get him to leave himself. If I were Sessions I would stay just to spite Trump. Make him dirt his hands with a firing and suffer the backlash.

Yeah I think that's why he's holding out. However, the comments today make it clear that Sessions "resigning" is just a soft-firing by the Potus

Pyrokai

So even if Sessions is fired, are all in agreement that Mueller can still somehow continue his investigation even if he's fired by being hired by the whatever-it-was-thing someone posted on the last page?

JettDash

So even if Sessions is fired, are all in agreement that Mueller can still somehow continue his investigation even if he's fired by being hired by the whatever-it-was-thing someone posted on the last page?

The New York Attorney General? Sure Mueller could investigate Trump for them. But not for federal crimes like he is now, only state crimes.

Blader

Dean Heller is truly stupid if he thinks he can get away with voting yes on MTP but no on any actual bill and still not have it bite him in the ass next year.

JettDash

So the plan is skinny repeal. Then work with House Republicans to "fix" in conference. Then hope that bill passes both chambers.

Graham can say whatever he wants, but he will vote for whatever bill there is at the end of the day

He is in a massive position of leverage. You think he's going to give that up? I'm not counting on Graham or any GOP senator standing up and doing the right thing, but I will guess that they will all defend their self interests and fight to accumulate power.

People say the same shit about McCain and Graham all the time, then they always fall in line

They say that shit about shit Trump says. We don't get Graham shitting on actual pieces of legislation full on, right before a major vote. There's a clear difference here. If Graham feels comfortable saying more than just "I find this bill troubling", that means the party line's changing and he's safe to shit on the bill.

I'm not linking to Breitbart but they put Trump on blast for his attacks on Sessions. And call him out for hypocrisy and flip-flopping on his calls to prosecute Clinton.

Seems like he's going to lose literally everyone if he cans Sessions.

I'm not linking to Breitbart but they put Trump on blast for his attacks on Sessions. And call him out for hypocrisy and flip-flopping on his calls to prosecute Clinton.

Seems like he's going to lose literally everyone if he cans Sessions.

If Preibus and Sessions both get the boot, which is looking increasingly likely, is there anyone left in the White House apart from the barely warm corpse of Mike Pence left as a link to the *actual* GOP?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Stein‏Verified account @samstein

NEW: Sessions ”pissed" about treatment by Trump. Won't quit. Wants to call his bluff. Via @woodruffbets @swin24

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has no plans to leave office as friends say he's grown angry with President Donald Trump following a series of attacks meant to marginalize his power and, potentially, encourage his resignation.

”Sessions is totally pissed off about it," said a Sessions ally familiar with his thinking. ”It's beyond insane. It's cruel and it's insane and it's stupid."

https://t.co/LkH5394Nbd

I can't believe I'm in a world where I'm rooting for Sessions.

Graham has basically been silent this entire time, so I do find him suddenly speaking up now odd.

Hes gone on record on MTP saying "blah blaa, ACA is falling apart but we should work dems to shore it up." about 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, evidence of possible but evidence of not guarenteed to fall in line either"

Am I mistaken, or wouldn't this not pass reconciliation?

I like our odds here. This spits in the face of everyone who risked voting for the House bill. And certainly the "moderates" should be able to see that this would likely cause issues for their low income residents.

But of course anything's possible, stay vigilant, call your senators, etc etc

chadskin

Sessions, Priebus, McMaster and Tillerson could all be gone before the year is over. Such a fine-tuned machine this administration is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom