• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
20160601001260993255-original.jpg

LOL! Oh man the Donald is great right now too, blaming the "LIB REPORTER" and saying that the Mooch was simply brought in to fire Priebus and his job is done.

HA! I looked over there to see if they'd reacted to the news about an hour ago, but all I could find was jokes about how the Clintons were so much worse than Trump or Islamophobia.

teiresias

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch said on Monday that senators for now are too divided to keep working on healthcare overhaul legislation and that he and other senior Republicans will take that message to the White House.

President Donald Trump has been urging lawmakers not to drop the matter, despite a series of failed votes last week. "There's just too much animosity and we're too divided on healthcare," Hatch said in an interview with Reuters.

He said he would prefer Congress not appropriate cost-sharing subsidies that help make Obamacare plans affordable, but added, "I think we’re going to have to do that."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Is that saying Congressional Republicans are going to tell Trump that he won't be able to sabotage the ACA by with holding the CSRs because they'll legislation the appropriations in Congress?

dramatis

For First Time, Millennials And Gen-X Were A Majority Of Electorate In 2016
Political strategists, take note: for the first time, Millennials and Gen-Xers outvoted their elders in 2016, according to data from the Pew Research Center.

Fully 69.6 million Millennials (defined as people who were 18 to 35 in 2016) and members of Generation X (ages 36 to 51) cast votes in 2016, according to a Pew analysis of data from the Census Bureau. By comparison, 67.9 million Boomers and members of older generations voted.

This is the culmination of a steady march of the young electorate slowly catching up to the middle-aged and elderly electorates in terms of size.
So I guess the part to worry about is this
But then, there could be a bright spot or two for conservatives. For example, a 2016 study found that at high school graduation, Millennials (defined in this study as being born between 1980 and 1994, so this wouldn't include 2016's youngest voters) were more likely to identify as conservative than Generation X or Boomers were at the same age.
Time to panic

Can spicey unresign since he hasn't even left yet (technically)

Probably. Though if the Moderating Kelly allows it, it shows how abysmal people's standards have gotten when the sane choice is a man who dug himself deep three times over with "accidental" holocaust downplaying.

Ogodei

"At the same age" is key, and part of the polarization of the country (that politics isn't a generation gap, it's a geography gap, so you're more likely to get a larger group of proud self-identifying young conservatives).

You'll just end up with Millennials being more ideologically consistent over their lives, so you don't get someone who got smacked around by riot police in 1970 become someone cheering for mass arrests of Ferguson protestors in 2014.

Overall we're supposed to be the most liberal generation since the Greatest Generation that went through the depression. The Boomers were the Reaganauts and Gen X is the "too cool to care" generation.

Also Ukraine has an actual military organization, so it's WAY less likely that whatever we provide to them gets disseminated inappropriately or used against us. Also they're not trying to overtake anyone. They're on the defensive.

PBY

Banned
Also Ukraine has an actual military organization, so it's WAY less likely that whatever we provide to them gets disseminated inappropriately or used against us. Also they're not trying to overtake anyone. They're on the defensive.

Isn't a segment of the Ukraine army a neo-nazi militia that has been linked to various human rights violations?

Isn't a segment of the Ukraine army a neo-nazi militia?

I thought it was Russia that was arming neo-nazi militias in the area but I could be completely remembering...

Nope, you're right PBY: We actually lifted a ban on funding the Azov Battalion back in 2016!

But Germany and France seem pretty opposed to this...

That isn't shocking. Just because they don't seem bothered with foreign adversaries making power grabs and threatening their safety doesn't mean we shouldn't be either.

I remember them agreeing to assist us in removing Assad if he crossed the red line. When he crossed it they bailed on supporting any action. Maybe Germany and all of Europe wouldn't be suffering the burden and arguing about who has to take all of these millions of displaced people if they actually did something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom