• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Silly pigeon, the only way to respond to a hostile invading force is by letting them do whatever they want!

Okay, how about we pump the fucking brakes on sending a 3,000+ plus nazi militia that has been accuse of horrible rapes, murders and other human rights violations more weapons?

I'm convinced you want WW3 with Russia.

Like I get war and foreign entanglements are incredibly scary and that we should be doing everything we can to avoid them. It needs to be a last resort.

But we can't just show our hand that we'll do nothing to protect our allies from foreign threats. Because then foreign threats will just make advancements knowing their won't be any consequences.

It seems incredibly insane to me that in spite of what's going on and how Russia is threatening the political sovereignty of the west and is moving to annex NATO allies they seem more concerned with responding to our sanctions bill than any of their fuckery and power grabs to move against their interests, but whatever.

Okay, how about we pump the fucking brakes on sending a 3,000+ plus nazi militia that has been accuse of horrible rapes, murders and other human rights violations more weapons?

You are arguing for appeasement.

Which was an actual contributor to making the last world war possible.

Russia is sending weapons to the Taliban to fight against the US in Afghanistan.

Has this caused WW3.

Does Russia want WW3.

PBY

Banned
You are arguing for appeasement.

Which was an actual contributor to making the last world war possible.

And since then we've entered into a lot of stupid wars for the opposite reasons. I just want to at least be aligned with France and Germany on this - I would hope that their leadership would assess the actual risk in light of their countervailing economic incentives, do you not?

Teggy

Huh, wow

Benjy Sarlin said:
President Reagan actually had a comms director who resigned after 11 days, per NBC's Stacey Klein. It had come out he was in the Nazi Youth.

(Was 10 yo and served for 6 mos)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dead-in-the-new-harvard-law-alumni-directory/

The blink-and-you-missed him former White House communications director is listed as deceased in the new Harvard Law School alumni directory, which arrived in alums’ mailboxes the very week that “The Mooch” became the most talked-about guy in all of politics. An asterisk by the 1989 graduate’s name indicates that he was reported dead since the last directory, which was published in 2011.

RIP.

I am so confused why American response to Russian aggression will inevitably lead us to war whereas Russian aggression for no reason will not lead to war.

Russia is allies with The Taliban.

They're the Taliban.

Does Russia have no agency?

I'm convinced that every pro-Russia person on this forum is treating the Russian government as a dumb beast with no agency.

PBY

Banned
I am so confused why American response to Russian aggression will inevitably lead us to war whereas Russian aggression for no reason will not lead to war.

Russia is allies with The Taliban.

They're the Taliban.

Does Russia have no agency?

I'm convinced that every pro-Russia person on this forum is treating the Russian government as a dumb beast with no agency.

I'm not pro-Russia.

kirblar

Because you are ignoring the fact that we were in a cold war with Russia that only briefly ended for about a decade and a half post-communism and fell apart w/ Putin's ascendance as he decided to restart it.

If you think any of us are arguing for a military invasion of Russia you are fucking delusional.

Damn, it's been like three years since I've heard anyone try to paint the entire Ukrainian military as the Azov Battalion. Blast from the past.

PBY

Banned
Because you are ignoring the fact that we were in a cold war with Russia that only briefly ended for about a decade and a half post-communism and fell apart w/ Putin's ascendanc as he decided to restart it.

If you think any of us are arguing for a military invasion of Russia you are fucking delusional.

Obama specifically was very against arming Ukraine because he felt it would escalate the tensions with Russia, drive up the body count and give Russia an excuse for more attacks.

chadskin

You should write op-eds for RT.

kirblar

Obama specifically was very against arming Ukraine because he felt it would escalate the tensions with Russia, drive up the body count and give Russia an excuse for more attacks.
And Obama turned out to be wrong. The escalation is occurring regardless of what we do.

And since then we've entered into a lot of stupid wars for the opposite reasons. I just want to at least be aligned with France and Germany on this - I would hope that their leadership would assess the actual risk in light of their countervailing economic incentives, do you not?

I would like to be aligned with Germany and France as well. But if they are opposed to this without any alternative plans of action they aren't upholding their agreement to defend NATO if they don't make moves to protect the Ukraine. A good way to be aligned with each other is upholding agreements we enter into.

I get this is made more difficult because we are lead by a madman that can't communicate with them and backed out of the Paris agreement, but that is also why we are placing these sanctions to begin with.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Russia might be less likely to invade and conquer them?

Making good on our obligations to support and defend NATO allies.

The main argument really rests in both of these. If countries fear considering joining NATO, that's a problem.

Now this is complete bullshit. Reeks of planted leak to construct idea of Kelly as 'independent, serious check on Trump' (a la McMaster "serious man in the room"). It only matters if you, you know, actually resigned.

Of course, Trump is too stupid to realize that he actually stands to gain from dumb stories like this but whatever.

Maybe, CNN is one of the only screw-ups thus far on a "sources" report.
You would think they would be extra careful since that fuckup...

The issue with minority/women's rights isn't "selling them off", it's de-emphasizing them in campaign messaging because Hillary Clinton could give 9 speeches on economic issues, but make one Deplorables speech or have 1 talking heads segment on Colin Kaepernick and their brains immediately obsess on that issue.

I think the dichotomy of National vs Local races is the problem.
The more national a canidate is, the more they are expected to to maintain the party platform.

I'd like to see the full context of the quote in question.

PBY

Banned
Obama opposed sending defensive weapons to Ukraine but he didn't parrot Kremlin talking points.

Is there not a segment of the Ukraine army that is a nazi fighting group?
Okay.

Its not the basis of my objection for arming Ukraine, but its part of it.

jtb

Banned
Knowing how insane Trump is (the Nixon parallel would be his drinking), McMaster probably believes he will be the one acting in a crisis on behalf of the president and knows he'll be replaced by somebody dumber or worse.

And he's not wrong either.

kirblar

You're painted as pro-Russia because your stance on Russia boils down to "Let the bully do what he wants, that way it'll be over faster. If we fight back he'll just hurt us more."

PBY

Banned
You're painted as pro-Russia because your stance on Russia boils down to "Let the bully do what he wants, that way it'll be over faster. If we fight back he'll just hurt us more."

You can't boil it down to a shitty analogy about bullying.

And again - by your logic, Obama was pro-Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom