• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You're definitely going to have to quantify and support this statement.

I mean, what in particular? Take the UK, Germany, France, Spain - in none of those major European nations does the predominant party claim to be the sole representative of their dominant ethnicity's interests qua ethnic interests. They typically compete on non-ethnic grounds. The Republican Party is almost unique in terms of its size, success, and focus on being the sole political representative of the 'true' American people. Le Pen didn't win.

Teggy

Kill me now

U.S. Commerce Dept.
U.S. Commerce Dept. @CommerceGov
.@DiamondandSilk is visiting @USMBDA here at @CommerceGov today to discuss how to grow their business and build their brand.

Are you David Weigel?

F-ra_m.gif

Somebody talked. Its no longer safe. Weeeeee

Nah, a friend texted that screen cap to me

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
All those talking heads who said Trump's policies and messaging were loved by his base and he could do no wrong and lies don't matter etc etc etc are looking more foolish by the minute.

kirblar

I mean, what in particular? Take the UK, Germany, France, Spain - in none of those major European nations does the predominant party claim to be the sole representative of their dominant ethnicity's interests qua ethnic interests. They typically compete on non-ethnic grounds. The Republican Party is almost unique in terms of its size, success, and focus on being the sole political representative of the 'true' American people. Le Pen didn't win.
Don't worry, it's far better in the UK, where both parties are unwilling to oppose a self-destructive Brexit path because they're scared to death of pissing off racist voters.

Oh wait, that's even worse.

Absolutely disgusting how district lines are currently drawn. This shit needs way more awareness than what it's currently getting and needs to be brought to court. 2018 isn't going to go well.

I dunno what ethnostate means but I was assuming it meant "a nation-state formed around the concept of a single ethnicity" which appears to me to be almost every country in Europe. The stuff that determines why Alsace-Lorraine belongs to France (because "french people live there"). Here's my tabulation:

Andorra: 33% Catalan
Australia: 91.2% White
Austria: 92% Austrian/German
Belgium: 55% Flemish, 35.6% Walloon (who live in the north and south respectively)
Canada: 21.6% Canadian, 14.1% English, 10.6% French, 10.1% Scottish, 9.3% Irish, 6.8% German, 3.1% Italian (75.6% White)
Chile: 88% White Hispanic
Denmark: 89% Danish
Finland: 89% Finnish
France: 89% French origin, but ethnic makeup impossible to determine by law
Germany: 91% German
Greece: 93% Greek
Hungary: 83% Hungarian
Iceland: 93% Icelandic
Italy: 92% Italian
Japan: 98.5% Japanese
Malta: Almost entirely Maltese
Ireland: Irish: 84.5%
Netherlands: 81% Dutch
New Zealand: 74% White
Norway: 94.4% Norwegian
Portugal: Almost entirely "Mediterranean"
Monaco: 47% French
Sweden: Almost entirely "Swedish"
Switzerland: 65% German, 18% French
Taiwan: 95% Han Chinese
United Kingdom: This one's difficult for me. You're going to have to break it down because I'm having trouble with it.
United States: 63% Non Hispanic White
Spain: Not even going to attempt this.

(In New World countries, white is more important than specific European ethnicities, whereas in Europe I used ethnicity a little more precisely.)

If you're defining ethnostate as a country transitioning to or is already a Herrenvolk democracy, then I'd say that those only appear in countries that are at risk of losing ethnostate status. As far as the developed world is concern, only countries like the United States, Canada the UK, and Spain (just barely) have really managed to have a multiethnic experiment in democracy and survived. That's notable.

Ecotic

The Scaramucci fiasco really damaged Trump a bit, I think. They advertised the Scaramucci hire as the competent guy who was going to clean up a badly run shop, and to prove it they ousted Spicer and Priebus. Then the guy implodes within a week.

38% actually improves his polling average these days.

Is an immigration plan that tests English proficiency even constitutional? English is not our official language and there's no requirement to ever utter a single English word to live a decent life in the US.

Donald Tusk of Poland is from the Kashubian ethnic minority group, a tiny group in Poland.

Dilma Roussef in Brazil was Bulgarian-Brazilian.

Sarkozy's dad was a Hungarian immigrant, and his mom was half Greek-Jewish. Andrew Jackson's parents were Scots Irish immigrants, which was a pretty significantly different ethnicity at the time.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is an immigration plan that tests English proficiency even constitutional? English is not our official language and there's no requirement to ever utter a single English word to live a decent life in the US.
Current naturalization interviews require that you maintain a basic and brief conversation in English.

shem935

Banned
Passed

But the point distribution is so non-sensical. Is this really representative of the bill?

Methodology

For greater clarity, some answers are simplified from what appears in the bill. For example, the legislation proposes an English test, with points allotted based on the applicant's performance. We instead created categories ranking English ability. The question about job salaries took the bill's original language regarding "150% of median income" and calculated actual salaries based on the U.S. median household income of $51,939 in 2014. The full text of the bill can be found here.

hawk2025

I just think it's funny that the same people that claim to be "originalists" about American values are the ones blatantly wanting to distort what immigration to America is all about.

Fuck off, you are not fooling anyone.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
More whining from the left. Trump has done many things. Supreme Court. Borders. Jobs. Factories. Sandwiches. Production. Locomotion. Employment. Immigration. Men having sex with men. Politics. Base is strong. Gang violence going away. Muslims out.

shem935

Banned
More whining from the left. Trump has done many things. Supreme Court. Borders. Jobs. Factories. Sandwiches. Production. Locomotion. Employment. Immigration. Men having sex with men. Politics. Base is strong. Gang violence going away. Muslims out.

I'm disappointed this wasn't 140 characters.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

White male, fluent English, two bachelors degrees, 42, and a co founder/CEO of a company worth tens of millions so I'd expect a salary over $155k - I only just pass with 34/30. Should have gone for an Olympic medal in my spare time.

WTF at "wanting to invest in a new commercial enterprise but with an amount less than $1.35m" being worth zero points. Is that actually the case in the policy where fronting up with $1m to start your business doesn't move the needle? Or an error in the survey?

WTF at "wanting to invest in a new commercial enterprise but with an amount less than $1.35m" being worth zero points. Is that actually the case in the policy where fronting up with $1m to start your business doesn't move the needle? Or an error in the survey?

Their philosophy can be most succinctly expressed as "Pay big or stay home."

DGrDZViW0AA8E2f.jpg

Look at this SJW.

The two tiers are

1. The normal, good tier that puts brown people in jail
2. The evil Deep State tier that attacks rich white dudes

tmarg

My wife would pass... Even without a job offer (she's a teacher). That is assuming

is counting a Maths & Physics Bachelors and Teacher's Degree. If not, then nope!

I think a teaching degree is considered Masters level. You'd need a PhD or MD equivalent.

Barzul

My wife would pass... Even without a job offer (she's a teacher). That is assuming

is counting a Maths & Physics Bachelors and Teacher's Degree. If not, then nope!

I think Professional here might be limited to medical professions. Haven't looked at the exact wording of the bill and how it defines that. Anyways it's DOA in the Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom