• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

I sense what's going to get him hit with huge backlash is him dismissively claiming everything is a-ok and completely handled in Texas while there's actually widespread devastation and stranded people.

I don't think people who are suffering in the state will appreciate him claiming everything is fine (while nattering about unrelated things).

Also why is he talking about the storm breaking records like it's a fucking TV show

He loves chaos, he's the type of person who gets excited and heads to YouTube whenever a NASCAR crash happens.

I sense what's going to get him hit with huge backlash is him dismissively claiming everything is a-ok and completely handled in Texas while there's actually widespread devastation and stranded people.

I don't think people who are suffering in the state will appreciate him claiming everything is fine (while nattering about unrelated things).
He already pissed off the mayor of Houston.

35/60 in Gallup again. That now makes four straight days at 60 disapproval and five of the last six. His best day post Charlottesville was 38/57. Clearly nothing matters because Teflon Don.

Finalizer

Why is he tweeting about the wall, McCaskill, and sheriff Clark? There's a fucking emergency.

do you truly believe he has the capacity to care about the well-being of other people?

edit: i wouldn't be terribly surprised if he tweeted something along the lines of the flooding being god's revenge for houston voting for clinton or some such.

Wilsongt

Well, just imagine, if it were black people involved in the flood, you'd be lucky if the Disabled Cheeto even mentioned it was happening.

A resolution for post-Harvey funding would be veto-proof, wouldn't it? (Unless Sandy state senators dare to wreak revenge on Texas, but I don't really think the nightmare scenario in this article is going to come to pass.)

My fear would be that a lot of the money will be directed into corporate pockets. That's how it goes in Banana Republics.

Teggy

So many heartbreaking pictures out of TX. What do you do when you know your home/business will be submerged and there is nothing you can do but watch it happen?

antonz

So maybe that explains why Tillerson seems so checked out.

Oh Absolutely. I am not a fan of Tillerson but he has been trying to run a State Department in an administration that is hell bent on destroying the State Department.

Then you see the last line of the article where Nikki Haley brags over the fact she has already achieved cuts of 600 million for peacekeeping missions. Its an administration bent on turmoil and devastation

Wall goes across the whole Gulf of Mexico now. Why did we even let Harvey in?!
uptown_steve_harvey.jpg

RMyiqpJ.png

In a move that should shock no one, Trump is overcompensating and coming to Texas way too early. It will still be raining hard on Tuesday. Him visiting on Tuesday would just continue the streak of worst case scenarios that Harvey has thrown down.

Ogodei

You don't fucking do this because the security requirements impede operations (like shutting down the airspace anywhere in the President's vicinity).

Emarv

Watching the blame placing already going on with Twitter political types on Harvey and the lack of evacuation. Kind of gross. A battle between Abbott and Turner when Houston isn't even the only major hit town/city.

Prediction: Trump is going to do something completely idiotic on his trip to Texas that officials told civilians not to, Tucker Carlson will hail it as the most impressive move he's ever seen from a president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom