• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Volt

I totally disagree.

I'm with you on this one. The pardon is so unilateral, it's antithetical to checks and balances. And about the broader point, I used to think our government was too slow, but now I see that it was slow due to political norms. Those should be codified into law ASAP, which means we should be doing more to restrict how broad federal power is in some cases. I think pigeon was talking about this a week or two ago.

royalan

Dude. Stop. Tweeting. Anything more than "my thoughts and prayers with the victims" isn't cool. People are dying, man. Shut. Up. There's a lot of "bitch eating crackers" syndrome with Trump, of course, but, dude, shut up.

Not really, when you plot out everything he's done. Trump is a monster, and the problem is he's not being criticized nearly enough.

Trump: "What have you got to lose???"

The people who didn't have jobs before aren't going to have jobs and the people who did have jobs also aren't going to have jobs. hm.

It'll be so funny to see him like, post-government shutdown, post-NAFTA withdrawal (seems to be what he'll do next), post-Harvey disaster come in like "alright, are we doing tax reform now or what?"

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
what the fuck is wrong with this man
zsY6EtN.png

Kusagari

There's no way to take Tillerson's comments but as shade to Trump.

"We express America's values from the State Department. That message has never changed."
"Nobody doubts the American people's values or the commitment of the governments agencies."

And the president's values?

"The president speaks for himself."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why the hell is Trump so excited that the storm is big?

To justify whatever the outcome is.

"This was bigger than Katrina in some ways, in many ways really, in so many ways it was bigger, but we were better prepared. I told them you have to be prepared, it's really important, you either make it or you don't if you are prepared, and it could have been much worst, much much worst. 1800 people died during Katrina! 1800! It was a disaster! But we handled this one much better and at a much lower cost, believe me."

Ogodei

He's not going to do NAFTA withdrawal. It'd kill his businesses, for one, still reliant on Mexican immigrant labor in a way that i'm sure is tied up in the treaty.

Disgusting attitude about Harvey though. You can tell he's craved a crisis because it'll make him look big and important.

teiresias

Who's this dude on Fox towing the small government line by saying more people are reached by citizens than government rescuers and that Houstonians need to get out on their private boats and rescue people? He's going to get people killed.

Apharmd

Who's this dude on Fox towing the small government line by saying more people are reached by citizens than government rescuers and that Houstonians need to get out on their private boats and rescue people? He's going to get people killed.

God he needs to shut the fuck up.

kess

Does he only go to private hospitals too?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is that picture of the people in the flooded room from the Texas hurricane? My goodness.

Is that picture of the people in the flooded room from the Texas hurricane? My goodness.

It's a nursing home in Dickinson. The pic was made public by a desperate/furious family member after 2 hours of distress calls with no help. No idea if they've been rescued yet. Rescue teams are completely overwhelmed.

3iR9J3w.png

Alcander

Why the hell is Trump so excited that the storm is big?

Clearly so:
a) if the damage is less severe than expected/katrina, he can claim he handled such a massive flood with ease or,
b) if the damage is more severe/the response is poor, he can claim the storm was too big to be handled properly/he predicted it was big, no one listened, etc

Its a way to have spin ready for all outcomes.

Pedrito

However Harvey turns out, he'll spin it as a big win for the nex few months. Out with Gorsuch, in with Harvey.

It will also become his favorite deflection. "How can the fake media and DC elites talk about Russia when we just faced the worst natural disaster in history? They don't care about hard-working Texans. Sad!"

However Harvey turns out, he'll spin it as a big win for the nex few months. Out with Gorsuch, in with Harvey.

It will also become his favorite deflection. "How can the fake media and DC elites talk about Russia when we just faced the worst natural disaster in history? They don't care about hard-working Texans. Sad!"

I really don't think he has the discipline for that sort of spin to work.

kess

The nonchalance of our president's response has actually shocked me out of the "normal" insanity. I'm feeling more frantic and angry than I have been in months.

Tax cuts won't solve this.

He can't pull it off. Not when he just sitting at Camp David watching TV and not at the White House trying to figuring out what is going on.

kess

He can't pull it off. Not when he just sitting at Camp David watching TV and not at the White House trying to figuring out what is going on.

Well, yeah, that's most likely why Pence stayed behind to do the Big Boy work.

His twitter is currently what a normal president's would look like given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom