• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

DFqimujXsAAkqgG.jpg

via https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/890202683721863168

jmdajr

Yep

Nobody knew about it or had any plan in place for implementing it. He just woke up and thought "I gotta do this today"

I bet the Pentagon is furious right now.

Just when you thought you were done with reasons for hating the guy. I hope generations from now we can learn from this...if we are still here.

Okay, so, thinking this over... I don't think he can actually do this. It'll make life a ton worse for trans soldiers, and trans people in general, but for this order to be lawful he'd have to alter the UCMJ which requires Congress. So it'll be... a mess. Some people will follow it, some won't. Trans soldiers will have to live wondering when the next shoe drops, if it drops. Their superiors will have to wrestle with whether they obey the commander in chief or the rule of law.

This is Bannon 110%. Undermining every facet of our government, he's turned to the military now.

jugo

Neo Member
Because blaming the voters will forever be a losing strategy. If you truly believe this, then a Dem will never win again.

So you blame Hillary and move further to the right? You tell voters there's nothing wrong with putting a racist/sexist in office. You normalize voting for a racist/sexist. Because if you keep that up you'll end up with someone as racist/sexist as trump without the incompetence one day.

PBY

Banned
So you blame Hillary and move further to the right? You tell voters there's nothing wrong with putting a racist/sexist in office. You normalize voting for a racist/sexist. Because if you keep that up you'll end up with someone as racist/sexist as trump without the incompetence one day.
Move to the left. Turn out your own base.

jugo

Neo Member
Move to the left. Turn out your own base.

The same base that didn't turn up for Bernie? I mean, you're talking hypotheticals while casually dismissing the huge block of people who voted for a racist/sexist without batting an eye. Besides, you can do both.

It really does seem dumb. The decline in Trump's strong support is due to the fact that he's not delivering economically because he's distracted by bullshit. Ginning up an anti-transgendered culture war plays into that perception. So bad politics in addition to being horribly immoral.

Nrocinu777

Neo Member
@realDonaldTrump

Why didn't A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got....

lol

Hopfrog

Sessions has already basically called Trump's bluff on this. Trump can tweet all that he wants, if he wants Sessions gone he will have to fire him. What exactly can Trump say that will make Sessions resign at this point?

In other news, the Senate is debating the straight repeal right now, so the vote should be soon

Obviously it'll fail (it's expected to by the GOP, it's not just me being optimistic), but just thought people would might want to follow along.

So will a lawsuit stop this new policy from being implemented? Can this be delayed from taking effect?

We don't even know what the policy is, if a policy exists - anything. He announced this randomly on his personal Twitter probably without telling anyone who would tell him no.

UberTag

Because blaming the voters will forever be a losing strategy. If you truly believe this, then a Dem will never win again.
Here's a newsflash for you... nobody in the international community blames Hillary for the monster you've unleashed.
We blame the American voter.

You can do whatever mental gymnastics you wish to put the onus of responsibility on her and not your fellow Americans if it helps you sleep at night. But that doesn't change the truth.

Hopfrog

In other news, the Senate is debating the straight repeal right now, so the vote should be soon

Obviously it'll fail (it's expected to by the GOP, it's not just me being optimistic), but just thought people would might want to follow along.

Will be interesting to see how the no votes line up with the no votes from last night. Maybe we will have another "Cotton...huh" moment.

tbm24

Trump tweeting about Sessions, while as I understand it, Sessions is actually in the White House is amazing. Trump is such a pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom