• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

obligatory

58177a15150000d804530d10.jpeg

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 18s18 seconds ago
More
....victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you
Fuck off this with this shit.

Blader

I'll never understand how so many Republicans can be so choosy about the people who choose to fight and die on their behalf.

Like I don't get it, even the Republicans voted for trans soldiers, this doesn't seem super smart. Basically don't ask don't tell? Does he expect to pass some legislation?

Wow, let's just throw that curveball out there. I'm going to assume Sessions is getting fired ASAP.

Throwback to a year ago:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.

It's almost like he would say anything to get elected.

Wilsongt

Oh for the love of all fucking things.

This has Bannon, Miller, and Sessions stink all over it.

Someone call (me) Caityln Jenner. We need her opinion.

jugo

Neo Member
Lol no. I want the Dems to understand why their message was doomed from the jump.

I consider myself an outsider in this thread, not living in the US, but I do lurk here once in a while. And I have to say, it's frustrating having to read people blame Hillary because racist and sexist people didn't vote for her. If the choice was between her and an equally qualified opponent, and she messed up on messaging, I would understand blaming her. But when the choice is between her and a man who clearly isn't qualified for the job, is racist, sexist and admits to assaulting women, you blame the voters.

PBY

Banned
I consider myself an outsider in this thread, not living in the US, but I do lurk here once in a while. And I have to say, it's frustrating having to read people blame Hillary because racist and sexist people didn't vote for her. If the choice was between her and an equally qualified opponent, and she messed up on messaging, I would understand blaming her. But when the choice is between her and a man who clearly isn't qualified for the job, is racist, sexist and admits to assaulting women, you blame the voters.
Were over this, but come the fuck ON.

dramatis

Aside from the sheer bigotry on display here, and not that it needs to be said, for the THOUSANDTH time, but this entire administration is clown shoes. No coordination on anything, no one knows what anyone in another department is doing. Frankly it is frightening.
It's not about coordination. It's quite clear the way Trump wants to rule is dictatorial-style, what he says goes. Not actual discussion with other more experienced people.

Is this even constitutional?

This doesn't really even seem like something he can do without a law behind it

Pretty sure that this would require a change to the UCMJ, which needs Congressional signoff.

I don't fucking know.

BTW, I think it's really important that we all take a moment and slap the nearest Log Cabin Republican. Not in the face, but like... a dope slap, you know?

Because goddamn are they dopes.

PBY

Banned
You're free to explain it to me if there's something I don't understand. But why are we blaming Hillary if Trump is clearly racist, sexist and unqualified for his job?
Because blaming the voters will forever be a losing strategy. If you truly believe this, then a Dem will never win again.

I like how the Pentagon is "uhh... wait what did he just announce!?"

He didn't even talk to anyone about this. He just woke up with this crazy idea and now expects everyone to figure out what the heck to do with the thousands of trans soldiers already serving

This is Trump's way of taking accountability of the failure of Healthcare and the Russia storm. Piece of shit. I honestly have no idea if this is legal but it might be seeing as he's Commander in Chief.

Maybe he's trying to secure a win after how the Healthcare repeals are straight falling apart in the Senate? And Russia. Can't forget about Russia.

Literally any other candidate would have won even if they ran the exact same campaign. A big lesson is never putting up someone with that much history to target.

That being said yes there was a big problem in the downticket messaging

I lurve this thought process. "The Dems should pick their candidates based on whether they are enough of a blank slate to satisfy the GOP"

By this metric Sanders, Biden, Obama, or well...just about any Dem, shouldn't have run.

Weak

Even if it doesn't hold up he just put a target on the back of trans people serving, or discouraging trans people from enlisting. Being trans is difficult enough, now this shit is trying to close the door for them at another avenue.

What kind of idiot do you have to be to rile up Democrats with a hot button issue like this that you're doing for no particular reason that nobody even asked for.

Oh he just randomly decided this?

Yep

Nobody knew about it or had any plan in place for implementing it. He just woke up and thought "I gotta do this today"

I bet the Pentagon is furious right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom