• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul McLeod‏Verified account @pdmcleod 3m3 minutes ago

Senators Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Ron Johnson are now speaking about health repeal. “Increasing concern” House’ll pass skinny repeal
3 replies 4 retweets 7 likes
Paul McLeod‏Verified account @pdmcleod 1m1 minute ago

Graham calls the skinny bill “fraud” and "terrible policy."
1 reply 6 retweets 8 likes
Paul McLeod‏Verified account @pdmcleod 1m1 minute ago

“I need assurances from (Paul Ryan) that if I vote for the skinny bill it will not become the final product,” says Graham.
2 replies 4 retweets 5 likes

Paul McLeod‏Verified account @pdmcleod

Graham: If I don’t get those assurances from Ryan he will vote no. Says again skinny repeal is “a fraud.” Better to pass nothing.
2:22 PM - 27 Jul 2017

Doesn't sound like they will go along with it

I guess this is the extension of the "Scaramucci is his boss's self-image" thing. As the id, he insults and pushes out the undesirables while the big man cowers at the golf course.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This isn't exactly theater for them to vote yes, they're giving the press conference to try to pressure Ryan/McCarthy into promising a conference on the bill.

Problem is they can just straight up lie to the Senate, or pass the skinny repeal if the conference fails.

Teggy

Nate Silver @NateSilver538
CNN's sources were wrong here -McCain, Johnson & Graham are coming out against skinny repeal until they get more assurances from the House.

Wait, CNN actually was f.....I won't say it.

Barzul

You never trust Paul Ryan. He has even weaker control of the House than McConnell does in the Senate. He will see that as an easy win and could get the FC on board with promises of further gutting.

Tight rope they're walking.

teiresias

They want an "ironclad assurance" from Ryan? These people are damn adults, they can see procedurally what Ryan is preparing to do just as easily as anyone. If they can't read those tea leaves and actually buy anything he tells them they deserve the hellstorm that will descend upon them electorally. No one in this damn party is a functioning adult.

We are so deep into the twilight zone, I don't know what's going on anymore

giphy.gif

kess

Conference would assuredly make this bill even worse which makes it doubly ironic they'd rather pass nothing at all!

Then again, I'm not sure if irony has anything to do with it.

He acts like he's Tony Soprano, holy shit.

And I repeat, CNN has always been and always will be trash. Ditto MSNBC. Ditto Fox, which is dangerous, propagandist trash.

Hey fucknuts, stop voting for bad policy in the hopes that it'll one day become better.

God you're like undecided voters pulling for Trump. "It's ok, he'll learn how to be president!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Look at this shit, how did we get here?

By hiring a guy who calls himself "The Mooch."

This is not a great administration for rehabilitating the image of Italian-Americans.

No, but they've finally found a way to make late night comedy even better.

There is no way Mooch is long for D.C.

The star that burns brightest burns half as long, unless it has a massive cocaine addiction then it can just keep going and going and going.

Barzul

If they pass it, it's on DJT's desk by Monday. Fox will pick up on it and Trump will start hammering House members about it and they'll cave. These senators are idiots if they can't see the obvious path.

Atlagev

If this Skinny Repeal passes, does anyone have any idea when it goes into effect? Right away? 2020? What, immediately, will change about my HMO?

Kusagari

Graham was already setting it up with that "not my problem" spiel.

They know Ryan doesn't give a fuck and they're just going to blame him.

Gruco

Banned
I'm glad to see we escaped the relatively sane and stable Trump admin 1.0.

Spicy vs Mooch. ACHA vs "I'm voting for it but I hate it and Ryan has to pinky swear he won't". Firing Comey vs (inevitably) firing Mueller.

Everything is going from Crazytown to Craziertown.

Soon we'll look back at the first 6 months as the simple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom