• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think he has the same loyalists as Comey did, in that there aren't any high profile ones, just rank and file employees who could be trouble. Surely the RNC is packed with people who like Preibus and could start getting rowdy at his firing?

I seriously doubt it, considering the RNC chairwoman.

Kusagari

I already see what's happening here.

They're going to publicly call out the house that passing the skinny is intended to go into conference with the house. And that if the house passes it they will own the fallout.

They're calling a bluff on Ryan's bluff.

kess

Is Trump's plan to get rid of his cabinet and replace them with new people now?

I think at this point Tillerson, Sessions, and Mattis are hanging in for dear life, because it's the only leverage they have. Firing Preibus will escalate things into a full on GOP civil war.

Shouldn't have made more than half the base of the party people who can't even parse election results, bozos.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
McCain, Graham, and Johnson are all on record as being full blown shocked by the events of today. There's a real chance to sink the skinny here.

I don't trust them, but if McCain kills this then I'll take back some of the mean things I said about him the last few days.

Sorry Europe. I know this screws you guys over unnecessarily, but with this Congress, it's probably the best we could hope for.

Russia is also coming for their elections to, they need to recognize that Putin and Co. need to feel some fucking pressure for their bullshit.

I expect a 'yo we need to punt this to the next session' effectively killing the whole thing but not 'killing' it.

That kills it though. No one wants to deal with this in an election year in 2018.

Blader

I think at this point Tillerson, Sessions, and Mattis are hanging in for dear life, because it's the only leverage they have. Firing Preibus will escalate things into a full on GOP civil war.

Shouldn't have made more than half the base of the party people who can't even parse election results, bozos.

I think Mattis is in the clear. Trump actually respects him and Mattis seems to have a better handle on how to work around him than Sessions or Tillerson do.

Has anyone seen or heard from anyone else in the cabinet lately? What the hell have Ben Carson and Elaine Chao been up to?

Rachael Bade‏Verified account @rachaelmbade 16m16 minutes ago

Rachael Bade Retweeted Rachael Bade
This should signal to everyone that they haven't entirely ruled out jamming "skinny" through the House b/t now & Tuesday

Rachael Bade‏Verified account @rachaelmbade 17m17 minutes ago
More
Sooooo, House Rules Rs voted down Dem amendment to limit same-day authority to motions to go to conference....

Gameplan is clear

Zolo

Sorry Europe. I know this screws you guys over unnecessarily, but with this Congress, it's probably the best we could hope for.

Yeah. Ideally, something could be worked out over time, so uh....think of it as America's way of helping the Earth fighting climate change by encourage non-reliance on Russia. :\

chadskin

DFxRSoRXgAA0Fpg.jpg:large

http://www.thedailybeast.com/with-trumps-green-light-scaramucci-declares-total-war-on-reince-priebus

I think Mattis is in the clear. Trump actually respects him and Mattis seems to have a better handle on how to work around him than Sessions or Tillerson do.

Has anyone seen or heard from anyone else in the cabinet lately? What the hell have Ben Carson and Elaine Chao been up to?

The relatively sane ones not associated with the Russia scandal - Carson, Chao, Acosta, McMahon - have wisely kept their heads down. DeVos, though probably implicated because of her brother and the funny server business, seems to have enough sense to be quiet, probably because everyone already hates her.

”I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock," - THE MOOCH

Full quote:

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. ”I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock," he said, speaking of Trump's chief strategist. ”I'm not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I'm here to serve the country." (Bannon declined to comment.)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hmm, I'd have felt better with Lee about it as he has been a big fat no for most of this.

Yeah, Lee dropping makes me think this is a "we're doing this to send it to conference" thing to cover themselves.

Hopefully we have 3 No's out there.

Bruh, Mooch is amazing...LOL

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. ”I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock," he said, speaking of Trump's chief strategist. ”I'm not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I'm here to serve the country." (Bannon declined to comment.)

EDIT: Heh, you guys beat me to it.

Nrocinu777

Neo Member
@igorbobic

Scaramucci: "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock."

EDIT: shit I was too slow. Also wtf is happening lol

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The relatively sane ones not associated with the Russia scandal - Carson, Chao, Acosta, McMahon - have wisely kept their heads down. DeVos, though probably implicated because of her brother and the funny server business, seems to have enough sense to be quiet, probably because everyone already hates her.

Rick Perry over there keeping quiet as well with his smartboy glasses on

I already see what's happening here.

They're going to publicly call out the house that passing the skinny is intended to go into conference with the house. And that if the house passes it they will own the fallout.

They're calling a bluff on Ryan's bluff.

House won't give a fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom