• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Who IS mooch? Where did he come from? He reminds me of that gay Latino comedian. I can't remember his name.

Who IS mooch? Where did he come from? He reminds me of that gay Latino comedian. I can't remember his name.
He reminds me of Sebastian Maniscalco....

maniscalcocur.jpg

CNN reporting the press conference is just to say they are going along with the vote and are making it clear they want to move to conference. :/

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Trump will soon have a chief of staff who's as dumb and deranged and out of his depth as he is.

Dana Bash on CNN said the GOPers (Graham, McCain et al) will say they'll vote for the skinny repeal but want a conference.

So then the skinny is going to the House and becomes law and House and Senate blame each other for years while the insurance market implodes?

Great. Fucking Great.

Kusagari

Yep, they're going to go "We wanted the conference! Blame the house!" and point to this press conference.

Dog and fucking pony show.

Welp the GOP gets to own the shit storm. Have fun explaining the sky rocketing premiums as your boss claps his hands about how everyone was saved from the ACA.

Mooch is reality TV politics. It's entertaining

But the skinny is going to pass the Senate and pass the house, get the President's signature, and force millions off insurance.

I'm bummed.

There's owning something, and then there is strapping it on your person with every imaginable manner of binding, and jumping out of a plane with it.

This is the latter.

PBY

Banned
Mooch is reality TV politics. It's entertaining

But the skinny is going to pass the Senate and pass the house, get the President's signature, and force millions off insurance.

I'm bummed.

The bolded was my point.

And yeah, of course skinny was going to pass. I knew all the laughing earlier was premature.

More surprised anyone is shocked at this. How can you be?

No shit Johnson was a yes. Same for Graham.

Kusagari

Remember that great speech McCain gave about senate norms and working together in a bipartisan way guys?

That was the moment he truly became a moderate darling.

...They know (super safe) Democrats could sabotage and pass the Skinny in the House, right?

This has got to be one of the dumbest legislative plans I've ever heard of. No-- the dumbest. Nothing could ever come close to this.

PBY

Banned
And Trump will be in charge during a full blown market collapse. FUN.

They will shift the blame, they'll take an election hit, but people are just going to get fucked.

Sucks.

...They know (super safe) Democrats could sabotage and pass the Skinny in the House, right?

This has got to be one of the dumbest legislative plans I've ever heard of. No-- the dumbest. Nothing could ever come close to this.

This would be evil.

Do they actually have a skinny repeal that will pass without 60 votes to vote on or are they still trying to cram defunding PP in there and shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom