• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jackl said:
Indeed. Sent it off last week. Glad after nearly a year of election mess its finally over.(Unless another Florida fuck up happens again. Then we'll never hear the end of it.)
This election would need 4 or 5 states to fuck-up like Florida to hand it to McCain.

MaddenNFL64

smurfx said:
2evrebk.gif

Did Bill set a pick against his wife? Awesome.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Hmm, I think I'm gonna buy some chips and watch the election on Tuesday, actually. Hopefully it won't drag out too long.

Your wife's due date is within a couple of weeks of the election....

She just started early labor at 1 AM. She's likely going to give birth today, at latest tomorrow!

Midas

Another question regarding the American election system.

Why do you have to register in order to vote? Am I missing something here? In Sweden, you just get a paper in the mail without doing anything that you bring when you vote.

HUELEN10

Midas said:

Why do you have to register in order to vote? Am I missing something here? In Sweden, you just get a paper in the mail without doing anything that you bring when you vote.
Here in the states, you either have to go register at the DMV, or mail in a registration form. This allows you to vote in YOUR COUNTY ONLY THOUGH. Voter cards are offered, but at least in my counties are not required to vote.

Also.....

I VOTED! This is my first election, so I am happy.

The guy I voted isn't gonna win though, but even so, I am happy I got to participate in something so important! I am proud of the time I put into making my choices. It made me look at this country in a totally new light.

Stridone

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
The guy I voted isn't gonna win though, but even so, I am happy I got to participate in something so important! I am proud of the time I put into making my choices. It made me look at this country in a totally new light.

So you voted for McCain? Bastard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cheesemeister said:
Oh, snap!

1103_super.png

A little background information would be nice. Perhaps, say, what in the world it's referring to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
StopMakingSense said:
Haven't seen these posted here, but Zogby's battleground polls:

PA
O: 53.7
M: 40.0

OH
O: 50.2
M: 43.9

VA
O: 50.7
M: 44.6

NV
O: 50.7
M: 42.9

FL
O: 47.5
M: 46.2

MO
O: 47.4
M: 45.7

NC
O: 47.7
M: 49.3

IN
O: 43.9
M: 49.1

These are incredibly encouraging.

AniHawk

Plinko said:
A little background information would be nice. Perhaps, say, what in the world it's referring to.

The trendlines are the direction of the polls. The projection is where they think the election will wind up compared to what the polls say.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Midas said:

If you're too lazy to even register to vote (it's obscenely simple here), then we probably don't want you voting anyways.

Jackl

Stridone said:
So you voted for McCain? Bastard.

Hey now my ballot had 5 choices on it. :D

Something they've tried to change this year. A new measure that only top two majority candidates at primary can be on the ballot.

Parl

iapetus said:
http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/results

Interesting (to me) snippets:

Armenia is 100% for Obama. Go Armenia!

Nowhere in the world votes for McCain. The closest is Venezuela, where he has 43.2% of the vote.
The UK (including my vote) is 92.6% pro-Obama (probama?).
Isn't that because barely any governments in the world recognise the Armenian genocide of 1-1.5 million? And maybe they think Obama will be more likely to have it officially recognised so then it becomes a commonly known part of history.

thefro

Midas said:

Republicans want to make it as hard as possible to vote in this country, because if everyone could and would vote easily they'd lose most of the time.

I assume they'd whine about voter fraud if we actually mailed papers out to everyone.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I love that MSNBC is now ignoring Chuck's advice about not comparing different pollsters.

Oh, television.

I like how Scarbs accidentally invalidated his own thesis. :lol

He thought the Mason Dixon polls were from the past couple of days but actually they're from a week ago. The national polls and trackers which are showing the gap widening are more recent.

Poor Scarbs.

The Chosen One said:
I like how Scarbs accidentally invalidated his own thesis. :lol

He thought the Mason Dixon polls were from the past couple of days but actually they're from a week ago. The national polls and trackers which are showing the gap widening are more recent.

Poor Scarbs.

The worst was them saying that "last week's polls said this and now this says this" when earlier saying there wasn't a Mason Dixon poll since last month, thus guaranteeing that they were comparing different pollsters, VIOLATING TODDIAN LAW.

Plinko

Just when I think I can stop being worry-GAF for a day and relax, Obama's coal statement comes out.

One more day of this stuff. One more day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom