• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
polyh3dron said:
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW LIDDY
Where_Is_Your_God_Now.jpg

gondwana

ryutaro's mama said:
If Obama wins, Hagen wins, Bachmann loses and Prop. 8 (in California) is defeated, my electon night will be knocked out the park.
This. And watching Chris Shays go down in flames will be the desert of my Nov. 4 meal.

Chris R

Election night will be a yawner here :| basically the only race that MIGHT be close will be the only house seat Alaska has, and even that shouldn't be too close.

Speevy

Banned
rhfb said:
Election night will be a yawner here :| basically the only race that MIGHT be close will be the only house seat Alaska has, and even that shouldn't be too close.

We don't know what will happen. We'd like to think we know Obama is going to win, but in the end, it's up to the electorate.

Cyan

Banned
Hitokage said:
For the record, I've known of Obama since early 2004 and have been an Obama fan since the 2004 Democratic National Convention as well as watching some interviews that proved he was more than just a speech. Nice to see all of you bandwagoners come aboard, though!
Pssh, I have the t-shirt from his *first* tour.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Fox318 said:
Jesus Christ superstar as the music.

Nono, this is a youtube playlist with a bunch of music videos, hence mix tape.

Anyway, I've got 4 songs at the moment, need more!

Jak140

Nov 4th wish list:
1. Pres. Obama (in a landslide)
2. Prop 8 & Prop 4 (CA) go down in flames
3. Dems get 60 senate seats
4. Bachmann loses

Mine:

1. Obama
2. Prop 8 FAIL
3. Dems 60
4. Franken
5. Dole, Bachmann out

If only Lieberman's seat was up this year, he'd be near the top of my hit-list too.

Grimmy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Mine:

1. Obama
2. Prop 8 FAIL
3. Dems 60
4. Franken
5. Dole, Bachmann out

If only Lieberman's seat was up this year, he'd be near the top of my hit-list too.

This would be too good to be true. *crosses fingers*

Ventron

Jak140 said:
Nov 4th wish list:
1. Pres. Obama (in a landslide)
2. Prop 8 & Prop 4 (CA) go down in flames
3. Dems get 60 senate seats
4. Bachmann loses

(Not familiar with US politics)

Why is 60 the magic number?

Jak140

polyh3dron said:
Most pollsters have said that the Dems getting 60 Senate seats isn't likely to happen, right?

58-59 is pretty much a lock. 60 is a longshot that depends on GA and a possible December runoff.

Ventron said:
(Not familiar with US politics)

Why is 60 the magic number?

There is a something called a filibuster which is used to delay voting on a bill. 60 votes can override this.

explodet

Hitokage said:
For the record, I've known of Obama since early 2004 and have been an Obama fan since the 2004 Democratic National Convention as well as watching some interviews that proved he was more than just a speech. Nice to see all of you bandwagoners come aboard, though!
I've been recently rewatching episodes of The Daily Show from 2004, and even since they first mention Obama's name, they've stuck with the whole "Hope" theme.

According to The Daily Show, this was Obama's first day as a Senator, in January 2005.

barack1.jpg

"The Democrats' great hope! With a total legislative experience of... what time is it? Sixteen hours! See you in 2030."

Jon Stewart only missed the mark by 22 years.

Bowser

Iksenpets said:
Wait so PPP is going to have Obama up in Montana?

Dunno, haven't posted the poll results, but I'd say Obama would probably be within 2 points based on that comment.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Red Scarlet said:
Has anything been said? Or will everyone forget about him in a month?

The Wright ads seem to be national. They're playing in everyone's state.

Where'd grandjedi go? 5 mins was a long time ago.
11khai9.jpg

Its time for me to drift off to sleep though so I'll finish that last bit tomorrow I suppose

Ventron

Its a gambler's dream in Australia tomorrow. Not only is it Melbourne Cup but I can tell there will be some outlets offering US Election tipping :D

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm seriously considering just taking Tuesday off so I can sit at home on my ass all day and watch this unfold.

(On TV, not GAF.)

xabre

Banned
Ventron said:
Its a gambler's dream in Australia tomorrow. Not only is it Melbourne Cup but I can tell there will be some outlets offering US Election tipping :D

I missed the boat when Obama was still paying $1.30. Now it's pretty much pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom