• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kees-

Seriously, if you saw how Jim Webb won in 2006 you wouldn't be worried.

Nearly all of the red counties are at or nearing 100 percent in. McCain's votes will dry up pretty soon.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jason's Ultimatum said:
DETAILS, people. What is Chuck Todd saying?
Click the link and watch the stream.

C-SPAN1 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN2 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN McCain Event Election Cam | C-SPAN Obama Event Election Cam

CNN.com Live | Direct Links: Stream 1 | Stream 2 | Stream 3 | Stream 4

MSNBC (MSNBC Election Day Online coverage has started....Link is streaming live MSNBC right now!); if the link is changed or it goes down, the frontpage of MSNBC.com will have the new link posted when it goes back up.

ABC News Now (Not to be confused with ABC News)

Local FOX links (Not Fox News): Los Angeles | Los Angeles 2 | Chicago | Chicago 2 | Philadelphia | Philadelphia 2 | Boston | Boston 2 | Dallas | D.C. | D.C. 2 | Atlanta | Houston | Tampa Bay | Orlando | Orlando 2 | Phoenix | Denver | Denver 2 | St. Louis | St. Louis 2 | Milwaukee | Kansas City | Salt Lake City | Memphis | Greensboro | Austin | Austin 2 | Birmingham | Minneapolis | Detroit

Thanks to Baked Pigeon for the Election Cam Links

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god, I haven't refreshed off-topic ONCE all day that this thread wasn't on top.

It's like a freaking sticky. :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SO local sales taxes going to local community colleges, I probably supported that, though really everything after Obama was a blur.

Vyer

I have to say, no matter what your 'side' is, to see this much excitement/participation for a presidential campaign is a great thing.

Kibbles

orangemochafrappucinos.gif

quadriplegicjon said:
NO! only 43% Yes .. the fuck is wrong with people here? seriously.

:(

Wish I knew. Part of the problem, at least here in Orlando (Orange County), is that there is a already a big sales taxes.

Kreed

quadriplegicjon said:
NO! only 43% Yes .. the fuck is wrong with people here? seriously.

:(

You can send some blame my way too. I didn't know about any of the amendments going into the polls so I ended up voting no across the board to be "safe".

giga

Case said:
:lol @ Fox News trying to ignore the presidential election
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
what're they doing?

-Kees-

-Kees- said:
Seriously, if you saw how Jim Webb won in 2006 you wouldn't be worried.

Nearly all of the red counties are at or nearing 100 percent in. McCain's votes will dry up pretty soon.

Right on cue, McCain's lead down to 75,000 from more than 100,000.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Monroeski said:
I swear to god, I haven't refreshed off-topic ONCE all day that this thread wasn't on top.

It's like a freaking sticky. :lol

This is THE Neo Gafican event of the season, everybody who is anybody around here is attending.

Kevtones

People calling the Republican party a regional thing :lol With that argument, you're simultaneously calling the Democratic party a regional party too (and historically, a more geographically concentrated one).

Remember people, states are made up of a number of counties.

Go D-Obama.
Go R-Smith.
Go R-Torrey.

Sharp

Oh, will you look at that, VA closing, just as I said it would. Like I said earlier, Obama might not win, but it will be close.

witness

JavyOO7 said:
Amendment #8.

Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to require that the Legislature authorize counties to levy a local option sales tax to supplement community college funding; requiring voter approval to levy the tax; providing that approved taxes will sunset after 5 years and may be reauthorized by the voters.

Well I tried guys, I voted yes.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
whytemyke said:
guyysssss

i just smoked some opium. FUCK YES! GOBAMA!!!

wait. what's HOPIUM? oh fuck.
Hopium-1.png

If Virginia fails. Hopefully my state (NC) will have the balls to do what they couldn't!

On the Hopium front:

SUCK IT ELIZABETH DOLE! SUCK IT HARD!

Pimpwerx

JavyOO7 said:
Amendment #8.

Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to require that the Legislature authorize counties to levy a local option sales tax to supplement community college funding; requiring voter approval to levy the tax; providing that approved taxes will sunset after 5 years and may be reauthorized by the voters.
I voted against it. I don't want to think I flinched at the mention of a tax hike, but sales tax is already 7% and apparently creeping lately. I remember when it was 6%. It's slight, but with no mention of what the future tax rate is, I didn't want this passing. Consider also that FL has some of the lowest costs for 4-year colleges, and offers lots of financial aid options already for people looking to stay in-state. I don't know if a tax hike to fun CCs is in anyone's best interest. Miami-Dade used to be a community college and is a great 4-year school now. FIU is also really fucking cheap. Too many cheap options already. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom