• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Baker said:
Elephant & Castle or something like that. It's some English Pub attached to the hotel I'm staying in.

I'll probably be heading back down there after I chug another bottle of water. It's just a great and fun atmosphere. Everyone breaks out in cheers when Obama takes a state, which of course is attached to a chorus of boo's when McCain gets one.
OH MAN that place is awesome.

last time I was there they were like "We're out of Roast Beef" and i'm like "What kind of English restaurant doesn't serve roast beef?" but the newcastle, smithwicks, guinness and even the strongbow is all fresh there. drink up, me hearties.

WrikaWrek said:
This thread moves so fast, i feel i can say anything without anybody noticing.

Yesterday i jerked off and i came in 1 min.

Today i boned this chick and i tried so hard to not come that i made her upset, and she worked like she was proving a point, 30 fucking min.

Go Obama, Pensylvania is yours!

I'm watching boogie nights.
Quoting late so it shows up on next page.

WedgeX

Banned
whytemyke said:
:lol did this lady on cspan just call for the genocide of the democratic party?

"all democrats need to be purged."

Man, part of my family ran away from Lithuania so we didn't have to put up with this.

:lol

What's going on? Should we be worrying? People in class were saying that they were getting texts saying it was closer than they thought it would be. Is that true? The map so far looks pretty much like they expected....

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
MrCheez said:
oh snap this means war

I believe GAF actively campaigns for the same to happen to Republicans, Christians, and conservatives in general, so there's no need to rally the troops.

Atrus

Gold Member
Well I voted... in a Canadian poll for Calgary, Alberta. FYI the most conservative Canadian city favored Obama 79% to McCain's 21%.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The only state that really concerns me ("concerns" me) would be Virginia, but it's early. So stop freaking out.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
MrCheez said:
oh snap this means war
she followed it up by saying she voted for McCain because the DNC and the Chicago Political Machine is mysoginistic.

do people even pay attention to the people they vote for anymore?

Kusagari

quadriplegicjon said:
NO! only 43% Yes .. the fuck is wrong with people here? seriously.

:(

At least Florida got the most important thing right this time it seems. The state still had to make some sort of fuck ups.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RubxQub said:
aw8i2w.gif
1225083861616.gif
:lol

Nate from 538: Obama might lose VA

Obama is outperforming Kerry by a 12-15 point net in the Eastern half of the Virginia.

In the Western half, he's not performing much better than Kerry and is actually underperfoming him in some counties.

I think that equation works out favorably for Obama on balance, though Virginia will be fairly close. Donnie Fowler thinks the Obama people have more reason to be excited about Florida right now.

JavyOO7

Shard said:
community college amendment?

Amendment #8.

Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to require that the Legislature authorize counties to levy a local option sales tax to supplement community college funding; requiring voter approval to levy the tax; providing that approved taxes will sunset after 5 years and may be reauthorized by the voters.

Haunted

This feels good.

Gergen predicting a big win for Obama: "Not just a win, but a big win. This is going to be a huge night for Obama"

hells yeah.

JaMarco

:lol @ Fox News trying to ignore the presidential election
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom