• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
fucking hell, I'm not sure if I can take any more repeats of the CNN guy drilling down to rural areas of the map to show the republicans downwards trend between 2004 and 2008. I got the point during the first four times.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
esbern said:
narwhaldm0509_800x533.jpg

AINT NO HOOFS ON THAT BITCH

Hopefully this post doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

They're "projecting" that Obama will win Pennsylvania? Is this basically set in stone, or can something unforeseen happen? I don't know how many votes need to be counted before people can begin "projecting" results.

segarr said:
Honestly, is Hagan an atheist?

Were the ads critiqued because they were false, or because they are just tacky?

I personally think it's wonderful if she is.

Congrats Mrs. Hagan, whatever your religious affiliation is.
She was a Sunday School teacher LOL

Chittagong said:
fucking hell, I'm not sure if I can take any more repeats of the CNN guy drilling down to rural areas of the map to show the republicans downwards trend between 2004 and 2008. I got the point during the first four times.

Are you kidding? That's the best fucking part!!!!

Hillsborough
8:56 p.m. EST, Nov 4 '08
McCain
51%
Obama
48%
22% of precincts reporting

Over performing Kerry but still not winning.

segarr

Amir0x said:
i can't believe how far we've come.
that he's actually going to do it

I never thought this day would come in my lifetime. And I mean that as sincerely as I can be, I was certain that America was so cynical towards African ancestry that I was damn near certain that we would see an Asian or a (mainly European descended) hispanic in the white house first.

This is the beginning of something special. Honestly, I'm adding another 50 years to my "American Domination Clock"....:D

Crisis

Banned
Jack Scofield said:

They're "projecting" that Obama will win Pennsylvania? Is this basically set in stone, or can something unforeseen happen? I don't know how many votes need to be counted before people can begin "projecting" results.

Every single state is a projection right now. Don't worry.

Tamanon

Banned
segarr said:
Honestly, is Hagan an atheist?

Were the ads critiqued because they were false, or because they are just tacky?

I personally think it's wonderful if she is.

Congrats Mrs. Hagan, whatever your religious affiliation is.

No she's not. She's a sunday school teacher.

The ads were all about those evil godless americans and how much they control Hagan's actions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
True, it isn't over till the consessions are doled out, looking forward to Stewart/Colbert.

McCian will carry Alabama says CNN.

Midas

Chittagong said:

:lol

They keep doing it. "Excuse me but I'll have to stretch a bit here".

Red Scarlet

mosaic said:
Jesus, this thread is growing too fast for me to keep up.

You really can sneak stuff in here.

Like, hey Gary Whitta, congrats on your reassignment surgery.

Or, hey robertsan, I hear your GF is photogenic.

rin06.png

nbcjr

Killthee said:
Click the link and watch the stream.

C-SPAN1 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN2 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN McCain Event Election Cam | C-SPAN Obama Event Election Cam

CNN.com Live | Direct Links: Stream 1 | Stream 2 | Stream 3 | Stream 4

MSNBC (MSNBC Election Day Online coverage has started....Link is streaming live MSNBC right now!); if the link is changed or it goes down, the frontpage of MSNBC.com will have the new link posted when it goes back up.

ABC News Now (Not to be confused with ABC News)

Local FOX links (Not Fox News): Los Angeles | Los Angeles 2 | Chicago | Chicago 2 | Philadelphia | Philadelphia 2 | Boston | Boston 2 | Dallas | D.C. | D.C. 2 | Atlanta | Houston | Tampa Bay | Orlando | Orlando 2 | Phoenix | Denver | Denver 2 | St. Louis | St. Louis 2 | Milwaukee | Kansas City | Salt Lake City | Memphis | Greensboro | Austin | Austin 2 | Birmingham | Minneapolis | Detroit

Thanks to Baked Pigeon for the Election Cam Links

bump

Haunted

Looking at some of the counties who haven't reported in yet, Obama is poised to win VA, and FL (Broward is going to bring it home).

mj1108

15 states close at 9PM EST... CNN says projections at the top of the hour.

CNN projects Obama gets RI, Michigan, NY, Minnesota and Wisconson!!!!!

TDG

Banned
Jack Scofield said:

Projection = results aren't final, but based on all the data they have, there's little doubt that it'll go for someone else. These days, projections are rarely wrong. One network got one projection wrong in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom