• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hope VA goes Obama just so we don't have to hear a shitty Bradley Effect story on every news network.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
...BUT HAGAN DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GOD! ATHEIST SCUM!

Macam

Banned
I will say that according to NYT, Texas is making me hopeful: Travis County (Austin) and Dallas County (Dallas) are at ~66% - 33% for Obama; Harris County (Houston) is at 53% - 46% for Obama. Promising for the long term.

Case said:
:lol @ Fox News trying to ignore the presidential election
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
I know... They are still talking about South Carolina!

X26

Banned
Between Dole, McCain, and hopefully that minnesota psycho, these loses may change how elections are run with less emphasis on bullshit smear tactics and more on the actual issues

n1n9tean

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
obama.gif
perfect.

:lol :lol :lol

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Bombs are about to drop in 5 minutes. 50 billion more states closing.

Killthee said:
Click the link and watch the stream.

C-SPAN1 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN2 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN McCain Event Election Cam | C-SPAN Obama Event Election Cam

CNN.com Live | Direct Links: Stream 1 | Stream 2 | Stream 3 | Stream 4

MSNBC (MSNBC Election Day Online coverage has started....Link is streaming live MSNBC right now!); if the link is changed or it goes down, the frontpage of MSNBC.com will have the new link posted when it goes back up.

ABC News Now (Not to be confused with ABC News)

Local FOX links (Not Fox News): Los Angeles | Los Angeles 2 | Chicago | Chicago 2 | Philadelphia | Philadelphia 2 | Boston | Boston 2 | Dallas | D.C. | D.C. 2 | Atlanta | Houston | Tampa Bay | Orlando | Orlando 2 | Phoenix | Denver | Denver 2 | St. Louis | St. Louis 2 | Milwaukee | Kansas City | Salt Lake City | Memphis | Greensboro | Austin | Austin 2 | Birmingham | Minneapolis | Detroit

Thanks to Baked Pigeon for the Election Cam Links

Quoted for the new page!

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

mosaic

go eat paint
Jesus, this thread is growing too fast for me to keep up.

You really can sneak stuff in here.

Like, hey Gary Whitta, congrats on your reassignment surgery.

Or, hey robertsan, I hear your GF is photogenic.

segarr

Honestly, is Hagan an atheist?

Were the ads critiqued because they were false, or because they are just tacky?

I personally think it's wonderful if she is.

Congrats Mrs. Hagan, whatever your religious affiliation is.

TDG

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Polls were dead wrong on VA. If they're wrong about VA what else are they wrong on
Most Obama counties are reporting at <50% in, and most McCain counties are around 80% in. Come on PD, you're smarter than this!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Gah, I've been wanting to leave Florida for ages. Amendments 2 (making gay unions EXTRA illegal for no good reason) & 8 (community college funding) are getting shitcanned.

Come on Florida, prove me fucking wrong. Go blue for president. Do it, god dammit. :S :S :S :S :S

JavyOO7

Pimpwerx said:
I voted against it. I don't want to think I flinched at the mention of a tax hike, but sales tax is already 7% and apparently creeping lately. I remember when it was 6%. It's slight, but with no mention of what the future tax rate is, I didn't want this passing. Consider also that FL has some of the lowest costs for 4-year colleges, and offers lots of financial aid options already for people looking to stay in-state. I don't know if a tax hike to fun CCs is in anyone's best interest. Miami-Dade used to be a community college and is a great 4-year school now. FIU is also really fucking cheap. Too many cheap options already. PEACE.

I'm just biased. I've been working at MDC Kendall and North for 3 years now.

There has been scary budget cuts lately though from MDC. So I voted for it.

Red Scarlet

TheClimaxan said:
If Virginia fails. Hopefully my state (NC) will have the balls to do what they couldn't!

On the Hopium front:

SUCK IT ELIZABETH DOLE! SUCK IT HARD!

crazybostonterrier.png

That is my official response to Elizabeth Dole/Michelle Bachmann.

EvilDick34 said:
wooo, guess i will move out of the country now that liberals will run this country into the ground.

Considering that the Democratic Party is considered right-of-centre in world politics, this seems kinda silly.

Seriously, where are you going to go? Saudi Arabia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom