• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i know what you all were talking about with the hologram....will.i.am is talking to anderson cooper via hologram...that is awesome! it looks like an 80s sci-fi show:lol

X26

Banned
CNN's holograms are trippy...can anderson actually see it there, or does it just show up on a screen as a graphical layer?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
HylianTom said:
I understand.. the deep South is tough.

1996, Ole Miss dorm commons area (Deaton Hall), discussion about the Clinton vs. Dole race..

redneck #1: "So, who ya votin' for?"

redneck #2: "Who are all the n*****s votin' for?"

redneck #1: "Clinton."

redneck #2: "Then the other guy. Dole."

*other rednecks in the room nod. No one bats an eye. HylianTom walks away, disgusted..*

Redneck.jpg

Never forget!

sangreal

Anyone else watching fox? they are seriously backtracking on every attack they have pushed for months. They keep going on about how centrist Obama is going to be, or how conservative he'll be by cutting taxes, etc.

Sharp

ToxicAdam said:
So, is it safe to say that the majority of the polls were very wrong about Georgia and Virginia? Didn't most have Virgina as a solid win for Obama?
Not Georgia, polls always showed him substantially behind in Georgia. But GAF dared to hope. For Virginia, what seems to have happened is that a lot of the West VA undecided voters broke super heavily for McCain. It still looks like Obama's going to win, though, because he had a reasonably comfortable lead.

HylianTom said:
I understand.. the deep South is tough.

1996, Ole Miss dorm commons area (Deaton Hall), discussion about the Clinton vs. Dole race..

redneck #1: "So, who ya votin' for?"

redneck #2: "Who are all the n*****s votin' for?"

redneck #1: "Clinton."

redneck #2: "Then the other guy. Dole."

*other rednecks in the room nod. No one bats an eye. HylianTom walks away, disgusted..*
This is why you shoulda gone to Tulane or LSU or something. Aren't you from New Orleans?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Congratulations to all the Obama supporters.

The dems aren't my party, but I will be rooting for him to succeed.

TDG

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
So, is it safe to say that the majority of the polls were very wrong about Georgia and Virginia? Didn't most have Virgina as a solid win for Obama?
Yeah, looks like polls overstated Obama's support there. Georgia won't be as close as they thought, and Virginia will be closer than people thought.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
All night, I've heard about this hologram stuff and how awesome it is, but I keep missing it. This time, I caught it, and it just looks...fake to me. Green-screened, or something like that.

Maybe the actual tech will amaze me, but it looks pretty silly to me in action.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Maddow: "I think McCain deserves some credit for his own loss tonight."

Q: not to sound like a chicken little here, but what are the chances of projections being wrong. Ohio is slowly becoming a closer race again, with less than half of the votes counted.

Someone slap me for having this idea.

HylianTom

Banned
FTWer said:
redneck picture[/QUOTE]

I grew-up in Louisiana, went to college in Mississippi.. the racism is still all too common. Even though I have some conservative convictions, I would never want to be associated with that party, especially when it's power center is based here in the South. To me, personally, it's disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom