• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Ezduo said:
2hem0ya.jpg

:D :D :D

Azure J

captmcblack said:
I can't believe this is happening.

I can't believe this is real.

Today, a man who couldn't vote 50 years ago is the president of the US.
Today, a man who was counted as less than a man - 3/5ths of one - is president of the US.
Today, a man who understands what it is to be poor, or hungry, or discriminated against, is president of the US.
Today, a regular man like me who worked really hard to get where he is WITHOUT exploiting the people, is president of the US.

Today, the American dream was proven to still exist.
Overjoyed isn't the word.

This is the most beautiful and relevant post in this thread so far. I completely agree.

Aw fuck, these are just the same themes he always uses in his speeches about ordinary people sacrificing, taking charge, building communities, etc. Heard it before.

But I'm still almost crying.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wonderful speech so far, amazing campaign, let's take Indiana and North Carolina. This crowd is classy.

Gruco

Banned
NC and IN looking good. I don't know if the GA early voting story is true but if so Obama and Martin win. If not Martin could still force the runoff. Omaha still in play.

Perriello, wow. I still can't believe it. What an upset.

Darcy Burner is cruising on 11% in.

Franken falling behind with 50% in. Bachmann cruising. WTF Minnesota.

Prop 8 at 54% in Cali. 11% in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom