• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
156ziba.png

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Bagels said:
Obama elected president. Obama wins the state I grew up in - Indiana. I find out I'm going to be a father.

It's been a good day.

Congratulations man.

-Kees-

MEGATON INDIANA UPDATE, I SWEAR THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Obama now leads by 15,700 votes. 97% of precincts reporting.

IMPORTANT:

Allen County

McCain: 76,728 52%
Obama: 69,934 47%

97% reporting

Jasper County

McCain: 4,836 59%
Obama: 3,248 40%

72% Reporting

Jennings County

McCain: 5,883 54%
Obama: 4,852 44%

96% of precincts reporting

Wayne County

McCain: 0
Obama: 0

Wayne County went 16,500-10,000 for Bush in 2004.

(don't know WTF is up with this county)

These are the ONLY COUNTIES LEFT WHERE MCCAIN IS LEADING IN.

Compared to Obama

Lake County is going for Obama 67-32 with 8% of precincts yet to report. He also a lead in LaPorte County 57-41 with 10% of precincts left to report. He also has Monroe county, which he is leading 65-34 with 6% left to report.

Obama may very well have an insurmountable lead in Indiana.

Amazing.

besada

Banned
speculawyer said:
I agree . . . . but I think he let a bunch of Bushies run his campaign thinking that they knew what to do to win. And that alone makes him sleazy. But he's got some conscious. If he was elected, I think he would have thrown aside many of the Bushies.

But I'm glad he was not elected.

He's a grown man. A man who stood up under five years of torture in Vietnam. I have a hard time believing he couldn't stand up to his own campaign manager. He made a Faustian bargain, knowing it was the wrong thing to do, and he's going to suffer for that. I think that's both fair and reasonable.

I, too, once liked John McCain, but the 2000 election destroyed him (I'd be glad to stipulate that the destruction of McCain is another thing we can lay as Bush's feet). Ever since, he's spun in circles, tossing all convictions aside, in a naked grab for power. What I liked about McCain doesn't exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom