• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
16h9max.gif

camineet

Banned
reilo said:
....................................................................................................

The fuck?

Someone knocks on the door, and I'm thinking maybe it's a canvasser for Obama or something. I open the door, it's some middle aged lady handing out fliers about the Bible and says "here is a flier about Jesus Christ and the Bible and for people who have questions about their faith and what not. Thank you!"

I ended up tearing that shit apart.

Fuck off my lawn Jesus freaks!

you should've saved it for toilet paper, with the economy being so bad and all.

GhaleonEB

Imm0rt4l said:
he released it months ago and was verified by factcheck

and the lawsuit was thrown out based on it's ridiculoushess and lack of standing.
Linkage

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Update, Nov. 1: The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu.​

FuturusX

All this talk of the Military...

Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper is a delusional commander of a United States Air Force base who initiates a plan to attack the Soviet Union with nuclear weapons, hoping to thwart a Communist conspiracy to "sap and impurify" the "precious bodily fluids" of the American people with fluoridated water, a theory that occurred to him during sexual intercourse, and which he believed to be the cause of his post-coital fatigue.

Dead

well not really...yet
FuturusX said:
All this talk of the Military...

Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper is a delusional commander of a United States Air Force base who initiates a plan to attack the Soviet Union with nuclear weapons, hoping to thwart a Communist conspiracy to "sap and impurify" the "precious bodily fluids" of the American people with fluoridated water, a theory that occurred to him during sexual intercourse, and which he believed to be the cause of his post-coital fatigue.
That name....

Phoenix

ImperialConquest said:
WESLEY CLARK, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE.

I can definitely see that. I met him a few times when I worked for CNN. Seemed like a stand up guy.

Clark has some apparent interesting past that may get in the way of him being effective however. I think he's a bang-up guy, but military circles can be a bit strange for people that have been 'forced out' or otherwise seen as 'not following what's best' and because of that he may have some issues.

A source close to the SEIU says that the union -- a major Obama ally -- has begun quietly pushing for Valerie Jarrett, an Obama adviser, Daley ally, and power broker in her own right, to replace Obama in the Senate should he win tomorrow.

Others who would seek the seat if Obama wins are said to include Reps. Jan Schakowsky and Jesse Jackson Jr.

Obama's preference would, of course, be a major factor; but it's Blagojevich's call.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

FuturusX

GhaleonEB said:
Linkage

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Update, Nov. 1: The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu.​

We've been through this already. He's a valid candidate. He's the best candidate. Wheter he wins or not that much is clear.

The bitter tears have begun already and Obama is not even President yet. Should he win, we'll have a different reason to impeach each month.

But that's okay. We'll deal with it. The beast doesn't die quietly. It writhes and screams until finally it retreats and lingers in the shadows waiting for another day to rise again.

Joe the Plumber said:
Joe the Plumber is short on cash and unemployed but that's not stopping him from opening a new charitable foundation and penning a book on American values.

"I got no financial offers. I am broke," Joe Wurzelbacher said Monday, explaining that he's got a few ideas on how to spread the wealth to himself and others following bogus reports of a professional management deal and potential country music career.

"I am starting a charity up, it's called 'Secure Our Dream.' It's just about people, neighbors in the community," Wurzelbacher told FOXNews.com.

The plumber-turned-media-fixture got a taste for charity work last week at an event in Philadelphia that aimed to help out family members of police officers killed in the line of duty.

He said he hasn't figured out how he's going to finance the charity, but knows how he wants the money to be spent.

"You know there's a lady on my street that is going to lose her house because of disability. You know ... that's something this charity that I am starting would help, help people directly," he said.

Wurzelbacher made national headlines in late September when he asked Barack Obama a question about tax policy that elicited the Democratic candidate's response that he wants to "spread the wealth" around by raising taxes on individuals earning more than $250,000 a year.

Immediately becoming a media sensation, Wurzelbacher hasn't been doing any plumbing work these days. He said while he is looking forward to the notoriety of being Joe the Plumber dying down somewhat, he doesn't want the newfound fame to disappear altogether.

"Obviously I gotta keep out there to a degree. That way this can take off and some real help can happen," he said. "The federal government is really not going to be able to affect, really, people on a community level, whereas the Joe the Plumber persona, which is hard to even relate to that because I don't know it doesn't feel like me, but if (it) can bring money to people and you know help out" then it will have been useful.

Wurzelbacher said he doesn't want Obama, or anyone else, at the federal level dictating how to spend his money, especially when that dictation comes from people whom Wurzelbacher sees as less than generous.

"Americans have always been great at giving to charities. We give more than any other country in the world. Let's direct it here more at home. Obama at the federal level, he is going to dictate and take more out of my pocket and tell me who to give it to? You know I am a pretty nice guy, you know I give to charities, I give to my church. You know, Joe the Biden, what he gave -- $3,000 last year -- and this guy makes millions? Come on, you know, that's just ridiculous."

Wurzelbacher said he knows he is "not speaking for all Americans" but does feel that he has some cause to use his recent publicity to maximum effect.

"The reason why I feel somewhat able to do it is because the letters and phone calls I get, and I get a ton of them. ... Democrat or Republican I am getting incredible feedback. So, authorized by the American people to speak for them? No. But a lot of people coming up to me and saying keep doing it, keep doing it. Civic duty is not a punch line with me. That's how I was raised and that's why I keep doing it."

But charity isn't Wurzelbacher's sole goal. Sharing the wealth also means helping himself. To that end, he's working with writer Tom Tabback on a book about American values.

"Everyone came at me to write a book. They had dollar signs in their eyes. '101 Things Joe the Plumber Knows' or some stupid s--- like that. Excuse me, I am sorry," he said. "You know I will get behind something solid, but I won't get behind fluff. I won't cash in, and when people do read the book they will figure out that I didn't cash in. At least I hope they figure that out."

The book, called "Joe the Plumber -- Fighting for the American Dream," is to be released by a group called PearlGate Publishing and other small publishing houses.

"I am not going to a conglomerate that way we actually can get the economy jump started. Like there is five publishing companies in Michigan. There's a couple down in Texas. They are small ones that can handle like 10 or 15,000 copies. I can go to a big one that could handle a million or two. But they don't need the help. They are already rich. So that's spreading the wealth to me," he said.

-_-

Baker

Banned
Is anybody going to the Obama rally tomorrow?

I'm in Chicago for business and our hotel is only a couple blocks from Grant Park. It's already frickin' insane around there.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Has anyone heard a rumor that Jennifer Granholm will be involved in Obama's administration? 2 people said they heard something about it today.

Another person also heard that Microsoft's main offices may be moving out of America too.

My class was quite the rumor mongers today.

greepoman

GhaleonEB said:
Linkage

Not to mention the fact that the guy who was responsible for the birth certificate lawsuit was known for suing on ridiculous conspiracy theories on multiple occasions already including a "9/11 Truther" lawsuit claiming the government was behind 9/11 or whatever. He was also a rabid Hilary supporter. That's who the wingnuts were placing their faith in...lol. :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Farmboy said:
Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Btw, I definitely think FL is less certain than OH. Still think he'll win both though. PA is in the bag.

I've thought about Intrade about my OH and FL prediction. No way Obama wins either.

PA I'm still unsure of.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
lawblob said:
I think Gates will be replaced immediately once Obama takes over. Gates will only stay on in a "consulting" role. Obama won't delay appointing his own guy.

Gates is awesome, though. He SHOULD stay. He shouldn't be replaced just because Bush whitehouse appointed him. Judge everyone on their own merits, and all that.

BTW your wife cheating topic was bumped... give us an update!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
McCain is such a fucking idiot.

He keeps saying the line:

"Obama said he was for Nuclear power...but it has to be clean and safe!"

...and the problem with that statement is...?

sangreal

PhoenixDark said:
:lol Comments

Conservatives, do not give up! Real Clear shows on tracking poll the following. Toss ups in MT, MO, ID, GO, ND, NC, AZ, with McCain ahead. These are toss ups with Obama ahead FL, VA, and Ohio. The tracking polls are over several days, for these changes to have occurred, McCain had to have polled very well in the last two days, putting him ahead or near a take over (What it means is the last one day polls in these states put McCain ahead, it just comes down in the long average.) Momentum is the only thing that can be measured one or two days before the election. The only poll that matters starts tomorrow and it is looking good! If the movement translates to wins in these states, McCain will win this thing.

Of course, you could give McCain every single state listed, and Obama would still win

So immediately tomorrow are the news stations going to call definite states for their respective candidates? Like CA and NY for Obama, Texas for McCain, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom