• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
FuturusX said:
If true...that makes tomorrow a very emotional day for Obama. :(

If true, and if there's god/heaven, she'll just be extra insurance for him to win.

She'll give God a good tongue lashing if he doesn't win.

laserbeam said:
Its not like it matters. Barack is certainly getting alot of votes based solely on the fact he is Black. Thats inappropriate as well but I dont see anyone upset over that

It's so utterly vile of them, I can't imagine why no one else is getting upset over it either.

srsly wat?

laserbeam said:
Its not like it matters. Barack is certainly getting alot of votes based solely on the fact he is Black. Thats inappropriate as well but I dont see anyone upset over that
Yes and no. Black voters tend to vote Democrat, so even if it was Hillary, they'd probably be voting Dem. However, I do think the black turn-out will be way up due to the enthusiasm for voting for a black candidate.

Along the same lines, a lot of the racists would have generally voted Republican anyway, so many of their votes 'against Obama' are not any different than a normal year.

So the real question is, will (the new blacks just coming out to vote for Obama + normal GOPer voters voting Obama just because he is black) exceed (the new racists coming out just to vote against Obama + normal Dem voters that will vote McCain due to racism).

There will probably be some studies on this, but I doubt we'll ever know the true answer.

Fatalah

speculawyer said:
Yes and no. Black voters tend to vote Democrat, so even if it was Hillary, they'd probably be voting Dem. However, I do think the black turn-out will be way up due to the enthusiasm for voting for a black candidate.

Along the same lines, a lot of the racists would have generally voted Republican anyway, so many of their votes 'against Obama' are not any different than a normal year.

So the real question is, will (the new blacks just coming out to vote for Obama + normal GOPer voters voting Obama just because he is black) exceed (the new racists coming out just to vote against Obama + normal Dem voters that will vote McCain due to racism).

There will probably be some studies on this, but I doubt we'll ever know the true answer.

I think it's great we're still having this discussion a day before the election. :-\

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fireblend said:
Yeah we need a source on this tragic news. Goddammit :(

Make sure to call Rush Limbaugh and let him know the news. He seemed to be very concerned about it when Obama took time off the trail to visit her:

Rush said:
Who announces days in advance they're rushing to the side of a loved one who is deathly ill, but keeps campaigning in a race that's said to be over, only to go to the loved one's side days later? See, I think this is about something else. You know what's really percolating out there? And I've been laying low on this because it just -- it hasn't met the threshold to pass the smell test on this program. But this birth certificate business, this lawsuit that a guy named Phillip Berg filed in Philadelphia in August for Obama to produce his genuine birth certificate, and he still hasn't replied, he hasn't done so.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This Wright commercial is so lame. Obama's grandma is a shame, but let's not let grief distract us from electing her grandson.

Read the posts by Fix, starting here.

Grain of salt, obviously, but he is an Obama volunteer in Hawaii, and could be in a position to know before the national media. No explicit confirmation, though; sorry for the wording of my previous posts.

KTallguy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I love how simply the mention of the word San Francisco at a McCain railly is enough to get boos from the crowd. McCain even emphasized the name of the city to make it sound like he was talking about Iran or North Korea. What a dickhead.

Fuck McCain.

Father_Brain said:
Read the posts by Fix, starting here.

Grain of salt, obviously, but he is an Obama volunteer in Hawaii, and could be in a position to know before the national media. No explicit confirmation, though; sorry for the wording of my previous posts.

It's a poster on SA? Yeah, I'll hold off for confirmation...

Kildace

ImperialConquest said:
What an idiot.

You're the equivolent to the far right extremist rapture freaks.

Haha, yes, some hyperbole because Obama's grandmother who raised him might have passed away one day before seeing her grandson become the first African-American president definitely makes me as bad as those people.

besada

Banned
laserbeam said:

Bigot.

More accurate than racist, as it denotes someone who just made a sweeping generalization based on the color of someone's skin.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dax01 said:
If NC doesn't go blue, I WILL MAKE ANGRY POSTS ABOUT IT ON A CERTAIN INTERNET FORUM.

I don't want to do it, but I will if I have to!
We will blame you for not voting!

FuturusX

ImperialConquest said:
What an idiot.

You're the equivolent to the far right extremist rapture freaks.

Easy, easy. Calm down. I'm sure it was an emotional reaction to what would be classed as shocking news. This election has emotions running high.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
CNN front page:

2iw9dme.png

Funny, that's pretty much what I envisioned the typical undecided voter looked like.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Cooter said:
Why the lawsuit then? That's not what I have heard.
You're honestly asking why someone is suing someone else in the USA?

Seriously?

Gary Whitta said:
I love how simply the mention of the word San Francisco at a McCain railly is enough to get boos from the crowd. McCain even emphasized the name of the city to make it sound like he was talking about Iran or North Korea. What a dickhead.

Country First. Well . . . only those 'real' parts of the country . . . the small towns and rural folk. Fuck those San Francisco latte-drinking Volvo-driving gay-marrying America-haters!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GhaleonEB said:
I couldn't figure it out from the cross tabs. 35% of early voters are AA, but they said from their poll that likely voters on election day will be 24%. Turnout will be the determining factor, but with the AA vote so high, and the topline number so close, a tiny shift will be what decides things.

What would the black vote % have to be on November 4th, if the total vote number is 4.2 Million voters? Given that the black vote is 35% now.

FuturusX

Cooter said:
This birth certificate things is strange. Why would he not release it?

Who? Obama. My word..still with this crap.
The "disqualification" angle really smacks of desperation.
Every single attack has been pathetic. Greatest country in the world...hmm not likely.

Imm0rt4l

laserbeam said:
Yea cuz we all know blacks would be just as equally excited if it were Alan Keyes against Clinton, he'd surely get the black vote just because he's black.

besada

Banned
Cooter said:
Why the lawsuit then? That's not what I have heard.

Because anyone can file a lawsuit and get it thrown out for not having standing. I don't care what you heard. This has been explained to you before, including linking you to the birth certificate, and a detailed explanation regarding Berg's stupid suit.

If that's not enough, go to factcheck, look at it yourself, and if you have further questions, direct the to the hillary clinton forums where they will gladly play along.

Dead

well not really...yet
Justin Bailey said:
CNN front page:

2iw9dme.png

Funny, that's pretty much what I envisioned the typical undecided voter looked like.
Registered Democrat that voted Bush in 2004?

Still undecided?

Stupid voter confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom