• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex Machina said:
clark-obama-colorado-3.jpg
Give the man a job Obama.

TDG

Banned
Justin Bailey said:
CNN front page:

2iw9dme.png

Funny, that's pretty much what I envisioned the typical undecided voter looked like.
Jesus, what a mouthbreather. That's what I've always thought an undecided would look like as well.

Justin Bailey said:
CNN front page:

2iw9dme.png

Funny, that's pretty much what I envisioned the typical undecided voter looked like.

Moral issues... and he's undecided? Someone hasn't been paying attention these last 8 years :lol

Imm0rt4l

Cooter said:
This birth certificate things is strange. Why would he not release it?
he released it months ago and was verified by factcheck

and the lawsuit was thrown out based on it's ridiculoushess and lack of standing.

Cheebs

speculawyer said:
Give the man a job Obama.
There really isn't any job for him seeing how Sec. of Defense is 99.9% likely going to remain Robert Gates.

AND I just realized, he can't be sec of defense, you have to be out of the military for at least 10 years. Which he does not fit.

Barrett2

Tamanon said:
I wonder if General Clark will have a position like Sec of Defense once Gates is phased out in a year or two.

I think Gates will be replaced immediately once Obama takes over. Gates will only stay on in a "consulting" role. Obama won't delay appointing his own guy.

Cheebs

Tamanon said:
I wonder if General Clark will have a position like Sec of Defense once Gates is phased out in a year or two.
He would have to wait until he meets the 10 year requirement of being out of duty. I am unsure how long he has left, either way Gates is staying on for now most likely. But someone should look up when he fully retired from being a general.

Cheebs said:
There really isn't any job for him seeing how Sec. of Defense is 99.9% likely going to remain Robert Gates.

AND I just realized, he can't be sec of defense, you have to be out of the military for at least 10 years. Which he does not fit.
Why is that?

gcubed

Yahoo: McCains chances better then they first appear

Context of article...

All McCain has to do is win all the battlegrounds states that Obama has a 5% or less lead in, as well as pull a few states off of the "Lean Obama" list where he has a 5-10% lead in. Its not as dire as it seems!

OmniGamer

Pimpwerx said:
Why are people panicking? Obama is going to win. By a lot or a little, he is going to win. Go out and vote tomorrow to make sure our guy comes through. That's all you have to do. PEACE.

Speevy said:
...but like I said before, it seems too good to be true.

Things this good just don't happen very often.

This is me...you can make as many logical list and reasons why he should win, but until he actually does win, i'm in paranoid cynic chicken little whatever mode...I just can't set myself up for that kind of heartwrenching, soul crushing disappointment. I'll be out at 5:30am tomorrow to go vote...it's going to be a long 12+hrs waiting until the first polls start closing and the results come in.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Cheebs said:
He would have to wait until he meets the 10 year requirement of being out of duty. I am unsure how long he has left, either way Gates is staying on for now most likely. But someone should look up when he fully retired from being a general.
Years of service 1966–2000

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
OmniGamer said:
I'll be out at 5:30am tomorrow to go vote...it's going to be a long 12+hrs waiting until the first polls start closing and the results come in.
I'm with you completely on all points. I refuse to consider the possibility of a win until he's declared the winner. Polls open here at 6 a.m. I will be there then to cast my ballot. I don't want to wait and get into crushing lines after work.

GhaleonEB

mckmas8808 said:
What would the black vote % have to be on November 4th, if the total vote number is 4.2 Million voters? Given that the black vote is 35% now.
Going by PPP numbers, tomorrow's share would only have to edge up half a point or so to flip it, to 25%.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
....................................................................................................

The fuck?

Someone knocks on the door, and I'm thinking maybe it's a canvasser for Obama or something. I open the door, it's some middle aged lady handing out fliers about the Bible and says "here is a flier about Jesus Christ and the Bible and for people who have questions about their faith and what not. Thank you!"

I ended up tearing that shit apart.

Fuck off my lawn Jesus freaks!

Loudninja

reilo said:
....................................................................................................

The fuck?

Someone knocks on the door, and I'm thinking maybe it's a canvasser for Obama or something. I open the door, it's some middle aged lady handing out fliers about the Bible and says "here is a flier about Jesus Christ and the Bible and for people who have questions about their faith and what not. Thank you!"

:lol You are so angry!

Early voting update:

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

as of right now from the information collected

more than 29 million people have voted, more than 130 million are expected to vote by tommorow

more than 25% have already voted upto now, in 2004, the total early vote count was 22%. and the 25% number does not include all the counties voting.

ok the juice

74% of colorado has voted
56% of florida has voted where democrats lead republican voters by 8 percent. In 2004, republicans led democrats in early voting by 3 % in context
61% of georgia has voted
41% of montana has voted
~70% of nevada has voted, democrats hold a 12 point lead over republican voters
74% of New Mexico has voted, democrats hold a 20 point lead over republican voters
74% of North Carolina has voted, democrats hold a 21.5 point lead over republicans. in 2004, democrats in context led republicans by 11 points , Bush won by 11 points in 2004

of those 100 million voters, alot will come from heavy populations like pennsylvania, new jersey, ny

reilo said:

The fuck?

Thats really hardcore, its good paper can't fight back

Oh wait paper cuts

JCreasy

artredis1980 said:
Early voting update:

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

as of right now from the information collected

more than 29 million people have voted, more than 130 million are expected to vote by tommorow

more than 25% have already voted upto now, in 2004, the total early vote count was 22%. and the 25% number does not include all the counties voting.

ok the juice

74% of colorado has voted
56% of florida has voted where democrats lead republican voters by 8 percent. In 2004, republicans led democrats in early voting by 3 % in context
61% of georgia has voted
41% of montana has voted
~70% of nevada has voted, democrats hold a 12 point lead over republican voters
74% of New Mexico has voted, democrats hold a 20 point lead over republican voters
74% of North Carolina has voted, democrats hold a 21.5 point lead over republicans. in 2004, democrats in context led republicans by 11 points , Bush won by 11 points in 2004

you sir, are the official PoliGAF Angel of Hope!!

Tamanon

Banned
soul creator said:
no idea if it's true or not, but I've read that if Clark were to get congressional approval, he could bypass the 10 year requirement.

It happened before for George Marshall, was civilian for only 5 years, but Congress passed a law to let him through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom