• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
smurfx said:
hispanics and blacks are more likely to vote yes for on prop 8 for religious reasons. obama might cruise to an easy win in cali for who knows how prop 8 will go.

To be fair lets call it for what it is. There is still a large degree of homophobia sadly in latino and black culture. (Not that white people don't have a ton of it also)

oh i can't wait for tomorrow :)
i am going to try to go to the rally in chicago. i don't have tickets, but i think you only need them for the main area. i'm sure the rest of chicago is going to be a madhouse anyway. if obama loses and there's a riot, that's ok too, i need some new shit anyway ;)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ah shit! Larry Elders and Bay Buchanan just said that he doesn't like early voting. And Larry said that if anybody believed the phone call that DEMs should vote on November 5th, then they are too stupid to vote and probably shouldn't vote.

WTF is wrong with republicans?

NomarTyme

Stoney Mason said:
To be fair lets call it for what it is. There is still a large degree of homophobia sadly in latino and black culture. (Not that white people don't have a ton of it also)
Don't forget the Asians.

I wonder if Obama and McCain can ever get along after this election. McCain has done some really shady things, and repeatedly attacked Obama's character. It'll be tough to just forget all that.

Red Scarlet

dfyb said:
so at what times should we first start having results from some states? please specify timezone. or if there's a link with it all, that'd be great, too

Click on the map in the first post of the topic for a timezone map of when polls start closing. According to the tv, I guess it will start being around 7pm Eastern when they will start bringing out called states and stuff (someone correct me if incorrect).

smurfx

get some go again
Stoney Mason said:
true that is a huge factor as well. although i do have some family members that are voting yes on prop 8 because they are very religious. those same family members are voting for mccain because he will "protect" us from the terrorist.

FacePalm_picard.jpg

Danthrax said:
I know you're joking around, but I feel the need to point out that McCain did not fight in a war, he crashed planes in a war. Empirical evidence shows that McCain frankly sucks at fighting wars.

Also, the Census Web site says that of Dixville Notch's 75 residents, 68 of them are 18 years old or older. So about 47 of them are unpatriotic, clearly.

We also didn't win that war :lol

Speevy

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Click on the map in the first post of the topic for a timezone map of when polls start closing. According to the tv, I guess it will start being around 7pm Eastern when they will start bringing out called states and stuff (someone correct me if incorrect).

No you're right.

Remember last time when we had those leaked exit poll results?

Where are those this year? I'm impatient, and as I mentioned, I have to work tomorrow.

Red Scarlet said:

7 pm is correct. Florida closes their polls around that time (along with some other states).

Tamanon

Banned
Speevy said:
No you're right.

Remember last time when we had those leaked exit poll results?

Where are those this year? I'm impatient, and as I mentioned, I have to work tomorrow.

Um......exit polls won't start coming out until people actually start voting:p

I seem to remember that after the clusterfucks in 2000 and (to a lesser extent) 2004 the news networks promised that they would not be too quick to pull the trigger and call states based on early exit poll results in future. But I'm pretty sure that will be forgotten about come tomorrow.

I voted No on Prop 8, but knowing what I know now, I probably would have voted Yes. I thought this proposition would allow for homosexual and heterosexual couples to be given equal rights (which I'm all for), but someone informed that this is already the case and that Prop 8 was, basically, a sentimental battle over the term "marriage" in the Cali constitution. Is this true?

smurfx

get some go again
btw has anybody ever done something like this? get 1 thousand people and go to the most republican county and stand in line at some local polling place so people will see the line and just go home. would be interesting to see how many people would just go home after seeing such a line.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
A few hours ago, some obama campaign volunteers knocked on our door to remind us to vote tomorrow.

I live in a 4-person apartment on the University of Minnesota campus.

None of my roommates plan on voting (they say it will be a waste of their time since Obama's got this locked up).

They have the time to watch all the debates and follow the primaries, but not to fucking go two blocks over and vote. go figure. Lazy bastards.

I've tried convincing them to vote but they're not budging. Urgh.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
You'd think these GOP shills would find some humility and stop lying their faces off and belittling Obama seeing as they're gonna get destroyed tomorrow.

Seth C

Parts of Kentucky and most of Indiana close their polls at 6pm, but no state will close all of their polls before 7pm EST. I will probably be getting results for the Democratic party from one of the polling locations in Lexington that trends toward being representative of the county as a whole almost immediately at 6pm. So once I have that info at 6pm I can provide you with a solid estimate of...one county in Kentucky. :)

Jack Scofield said:
I wonder if Obama and McCain can ever get along after this election. McCain has done some really shady things, and repeatedly attacked Obama's character. It'll be tough to just forget all that.

Yeah. It'll be like when you drink way too much at a party, black out, and find out you said some truly horrible shit to your ride.

And then drive home with them in the morning.

IT BEGINS!

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama emerged victorious in the first election returns of the 2008 presidential race, winning 15 of 21 votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

People in the isolated village in New Hampshire's northeast corner voted just after midnight Tuesday.

It was the first time since 1968 that the village leaned Democratic in an election.

McCain wins and the world will sink into a 6 year depression.

Obama wins and the world fights to get things on track, even with recession hanging around the corner.

KHarvey16

smurfx said:
btw has anybody ever done something like this? get 1 thousand people and go to the most republican county and stand in line at some local polling place so people will see the line and just go home. would be interesting to see how many people would just go home after seeing such a line.

You get 1000 people willing to go to jail on federal charges and give it a shot ;).

thefit

GaimeGuy said:
A few hours ago, some obama campaign volunteers knocked on our door to remind us to vote tomorrow.

None of my roommates plan on voting (they say it will be a waste of their time since Obama's got this locked up).

They have the time to watch all the debates and follow the primaries, but not to fucking go two blocks over and vote. go figure. Lazy bastards.

Its a university, can't you bribe them with free lunch, beer or laundry money?

smurfx

get some go again
norinrad21 said:
McCain wins and the world will sink into a 6 year depression.

Obama wins and the world fights to get things on track, even with recession hanging around the corner.
we are in a recession already.

KHarvey16 said:
You get 1000 people willing to go to jail on federal charges and give it a shot ;).
ah so it would be illegal? just something that popped into my head the other day.

Red Scarlet

GaimeGuy said:

Tell mdm he sucks.

GaimeGuy said:

Tell them that they are the reason most politicians don't give a shit about issues that affect young voters.

TheGrayGhost said:
I voted No on Prop 8, but knowing what I know now, I probably would have voted Yes. I thought this proposition would allow for homosexual and heterosexual couples to be given equal rights (which I'm all for), but someone informed that this is already the case and that Prop 8 was, basically, a sentimental battle over the term "marriage" in the Cali constitution. Is this true?
It will invalidate that right and overturn the court decision. It even said so on the wording of the proposition. "Eliminates".

Argyle

GaimeGuy said:

I've had this conversation with friends who can't be bothered to vote - it's one thing to say that you don't care what happens, so why bother voting...but I will never understand anyone who claims to care about the outcome but who doesn't bother to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom