• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
dark steve said:
hammer.gif

what's this from?

I wish there was somewhere on the web I could go to find major meltdowns people collect tomorrow and the rest of this week. I can't read sites like freerepublic for very long before getting upset.

Persona 3!

Speevy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Haven't you been listening to Dick Morris? Nobody knows anything and it's basically a dead heat. LOL. Can't wait to see all these fuckers spinning the results tomorrow as they start to lock down and their fantasies about a McCain upset slip away before their eyes. In fact fuck HD, I may just watch Fox News all day tomorrow for the lulz.

I think Dick Morris basically admitted defeat by posting the one-day Zogby poll.

The Halloween poll is the final nail in Obama's coffin for Dick Morris.

Loudninja

dark steve said:
hammer.gif

what's this from?

I wish there was somewhere on the web I could go to find major meltdowns people collect tomorrow and the rest of this week. I can't read sites like freerepublic for very long before getting upset.

Persona

HylianTom

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Dammit, all of these late results are wanting me to change my predictions.

Must .. stay .. strong.

It's probably a bad sign when Karl Rove gives more EV's to Obama than you did.

I'm in the same boat: 306EVs for Obama. :lol

But I won't change it; I'll happily be wrong..

ronito

Today at work in the bay area California a co worker travelling from Colorado Springs was talking politics. And then said how he was a full on Huckabee supporter. The whole area went dead quiet. Not something you say in the bay area.

Gruco

Banned
Is anyone else worried about Virgina? I heard that the NoVA votes are getting discarded as by not being southern in nature, they are not truly part of VA.

Crisis

Banned
DeathNote said:
"I heard this peace of advice on the radio this
morning... And thought that it makes sense.

That Everyone Needs to get there McCain
Sign's/Stickers down that way you are not a target..

Because If BO Loses then things could get Very
bad and the BO People might want to take there
anger out on your personal property. "

They aren't wrong though. I would love to take out my anger on their personal property.

Speevy said:
I think Dick Morris basically admitted defeat by posting the one-day Zogby poll.

The Halloween poll is the final nail in Obama's coffin for Dick Morris.

I still love that Fox News brings out this dude and feels no need to balance him out with a pundit on the left. They just treat him as a balanced commentator who doesn't need to be countered.

It’s only a one night poll, but John Zogby reports that his Friday night survey shows McCain leading Obama by 48 to 47. It’s only a one night poll (as opposed to the usual three day moving average) but it is 1,000 interviews. It is also over Halloween night! But it is the first poll in three weeks that shows McCain leading. What’s up? We think that the advertisement being run by GOPTrust.com is having an effect. It is an ad featuring Rev. Jeremiah Wright decrying America and calling it “the USA of KKK” while Obama sat, deaf-mute in the congregation. By bringing the shocking reality of Rev. Wright back to America’s TV screens; GOPTrust.com is performing an important public service. It is just not credible that Obama sat in the congregation for twenty years, asked the Reverend to officiate at his wedding and to baptize his children, titled his book after one of his sermons, and did not know the kind of vile, anti-American hatred he was spewing.

Because of private donations (which they can still receive and usefully spend until Monday morning) GOPTrust.com may have changed the entire election of 2008. Their courageous willingness to face up to what Rev. Wright says and what Obama apparently tolerates may finally be awakening the American people to the danger they face in the Obama candidacy. GOPTrust.com has raised $9 million so far. The amount that they are spending in the last four days on their ad (see it on GOPTrust.com) exceeds the amount being spent on any single McCain ad. It is fundamentally changing this election.

Tuesday is Election Day. But if Americans want to stop the Obama express from changing this nation in ways we can only begin to anticipate, it is important to go online to GOPTrust.com and donate funds to bring the message to the American people.

There is still time.

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2008/11/03/mccain-gains-in-zogby-poll/#more-477

chimpychi

Gruco said:
Is anyone else worried about Virgina? I heard that the NoVA votes are getting discarded as by not being southern in nature, they are not truly part of VA.
aww crap! there goes my vote...I hate living in fake VA

Gruco

Banned
So let's move on to more interesting questions than the electoral game.

For example:

Will Rick Davis and Steve Schmidt ever work in DC again?

GrapeApes

Gruco said:

For example:

Rick Davis can still lobby and Schmidt can throw enough people under the bus.

Tamanon

Banned
Gruco said:

For example:

Dude, Rick Davis is a mega-lobbyist, he's set for years to come. And if not, he can just contract out to Georgia some more.

Stoney Mason said:
If Obama wins and I don't have to hear Nascar dads, hockey moms, or fucking Joe the Plumber for a week, I will cry sweet sweet tears.
The only reason anyone participates in anything is to teabag the opposition in victory.

I'm so nervous I just think something...will go wrong at the last minute. I don't think I will truly believe it until he officially signs in as president.

if i never hear about joe the fucking plumber, and never see his bald, 'omg obama hates israel' and whatever else spews out of his mouth on tv (why is he there? who the fuck cares? WHO?) i will be elated. let him go back to being whoever it is he is, in his small part of ohio, living his life of suckitude.

Prop 8 is what I'm really worried about. I'm so scared it'll pass. It's so bizarre how people can vote yes on it. A cute girl I was talking to today was in favor of it. I know her politics are a little off kilter so hopefully it's not you know homophobic. Regardless, I will attempt to tap that ass.

GrapeApes

Stoney Mason said:
I still love that Fox News brings out this dude and feels no need to balance him out with a pundit on the left. They just treat him as a balanced commentator who doesn't need to be countered.

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2008/11/03/mccain-gains-in-zogby-poll/#more-477
I love how Fox lets him advertise his site without giving him shit. Also Dick why would people donate to your little pet project with one day left? He's going to be getting some money to pimp it out.

Tamanon

Banned
miyamotofreak said:
Prop 8 is what I'm really worried about. I'm so scared it'll pass. It's so bizarre how people can vote yes on it. A cute girl I was talking to today was in favor of it. I know her politics are a little off kilter so hopefully it's not you know homophobic. Regardless, I will attempt to tap that ass.

A plan is hatched.

Tap that ass, but make sure the sex is absolutely horrible, so bad that she turns to women.

VOILA! NO ON 8!

segarr

Stoney Mason said:
If Obama wins and I don't have to hear Nascar dads, hockey moms, or fucking Joe the Plumber for a week, I will cry sweet sweet tears.

I can't wait to turn their arguments right on them.

THIS IS AMERICA! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT BABY, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Neo-cons better go back to the fucking drawing board.

ronito

segarr said:

Reminds me of a right winger who said "If Obama wins I'm moving to Canada."

When i reminded him that they had filthy commie universal healthcare. He decided on Alaska.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
miyamotofreak said:

See, this is what we need. Less of that zelda bullshit a few pages back. Do it for America, brah.

Speevy

Banned
GrapeApes said:
I love how Fox lets him advertise his site without giving him shit. Also Dick why would people donate to your little pet project with one day left? He's going to be getting some money to pimp it out.

I used to enjoy his smartass, all-knowing demeanor last election, because he was right in many ways. It's funny how being on the wrong side turns you crazy in such a short time.

HylianTom

Banned
segarr said:

I can't wait to say, "GET OVER IT."

God, that's going to be soooo sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom